Welcome - New Members Start Here

remote access said:
We are from Long Island...not too far from the city line.  I will definitely miss going into the city and all of its offerings, but I will not miss that commute either.

You wont miss NYC, you have Santa Ana near by,  it offers a lot of the same things as NYC :)

irvinehomeowner said:
Welcome remote access and cafe talk!

Congrats to remote on your new home... make sure you monitor your electric bill (ask ZeroLot :) ).

My electric bill is so awesome right now.  I blasted the AC for a whole week in September to 76 degrees ... (remember that week of 100s) and racked up 60 kW in one day and my bill was STILL lower than NEVER using the AC at all.  Imagine that!  8)

Hello,
    Newer resident here in Irvine, Northwood for 2 years, worked in Irvine > 8 yrs, just came about this board researching the candidates for this 2014 election.  Looks like I need to post in the New Member thread, so here I'm :)

Hi all, my name is Roger Mielke. My Mother is buying a house here and I'm here to help her because my dad is very sick. This way my father can be at home instead of a care center. I play piano part professionally and I have a small business that does sprinkler repair and maintenance. I love it here.  :eek:   

Hello TalkIrvine people.  New member here, posting my introductory post.......

Moved here fairly recently and I have been thoroughly enjoying the information (objective and subjective) that is on this site.  Really makes the work day go by much faster!

Some of the recommendations on this site have certainly saved my wife and I future headaches and have helped make these past several months of moving (job relo from NorCal) that much less stressful. 

So thank you all for being so helpful.

Look forward to joining in on some of the conversations around here......

Later.

Welcome troublet, wizRoger and scooter!

For those who don't mind sharing, did/are you buying resale or new? What were/are the pros/cons of your decision?

Thanks!

irvinehomeowner said:
Welcome troublet, wizRoger and scooter!

For those who don't mind sharing, did/are you buying resale or new? What were/are the pros/cons of your decision?

Thanks!

This was really a tough decision for us.  In the end, we bought new.  The convenience of going through the builder for certain upgrades as well as being able to choose which lot/street/sun exposure/etc.... was something that worked best for our situation. 

Seems like we are getting a number of new members thanks to Hidden Canyon and Beacon Park (Greenwood... not so much... sorry qwertustin).

Just want to say welcome to TI, please excuse some of the snark (pre-existing or new) and expect some accusations of being a rep for one of these communities based on the content of your posts.

Please try to keep your personal details private and most of all... have fun (usually at qwermigo's expense).

Also, you may want to minimize viewing TI at work... because you might spit coffee out on your computer trying not to laugh... or you may see qwerlover's hottie of the week post.

Newbie here, been lurking the TI boards for a while but finally decided to make an account, hooray!

I lived in Irvine for a few years and I'm starting to look to for a home so I will be seeking the infinite wisdom of TI members. So many informative posts here!

Anywho, nice meeting y'all!

Hello, everyone.

I am not new to TI. Having seen the dark side of human relationship lately, I thought this is the one place where I can say what I like without consequence.

Of all bad, self-centered, judgemental racist people, you guys are the most shamelessly honest, hopelessly narrow minded and foolishly tolerant bunch. I adore you all.

Bow, bow and bow.

irvinehomeowner said:
Seems like we are getting a number of new members thanks to Hidden Canyon and Beacon Park (Greenwood... not so much... sorry qwertustin).

Just want to say welcome to TI, please excuse some of the snark (pre-existing or new) and expect some accusations of being a rep for one of these communities based on the content of your posts.

Please try to keep your personal details private and most of all... have fun (usually at qwermigo's expense).

Also, you may want to minimize viewing TI at work... because you might spit coffee out on your computer trying not to laugh... or you may see qwerlover's hottie of the week post.

Hidden Canyon vs. Orchard Hills brought me back.

New user, lurked on TI/did some research before purchasing in Beacon (Bacon) Park.  8)  I didn't go Ellwood like most of the users that bought in BP.

Welcome to talk Irvine willjoy. Glad that you joined :) We have a lot of older members here from 2007 - 2009 which you can see from the thread below. Make sure you vote for 2016. 
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,14160.0.html

WillJoy said:
Hello, everyone.

I am not new to TI. Having seen the dark side of human relationship lately, I thought this is the one place where I can say what I like without consequence.

Of all bad, self-centered, judgemental racist people, you guys are the most shamelessly honest, hopelessly narrow minded and foolishly tolerant bunch. I adore you all.

Bow, bow and bow.

Hi everyone.  New to the area and unlike many from what I've read, this was and still is my dream location.  I love Irvine.  Go easy on me please.

Hi IrvineNoob,

Welcome to TalkIrvine. You will find all kinds of different personalities here. Glad to hear that you love Irvine and it is your dream location. Hopefully you will find some good people here.

Here is a list of all the different personalities in TI.

Oldest & Wisest Asian: Irvine Home Shopper (BkShopr)
Good Asian: Amy Tan, Hop Sing from Bonanza, Dali Lama, Roundcorners, Momopi, IACRenter
Bad Asian: Mainland China nouveau riche, Veteran Cemetery protesters
Bad Ass Asian:  Bruce Lee, Magicj1zz
Asian eternally dreaming of owning a 3CWG in Irvine: Irvine Home Owner
Perverted Asian: WTTCHMN
Egg Asians: Patrick Star and SoCal

I will continue to add to this list :)

-Panda

Back