Weekend mask laxitude?

nosuchreality

Anybody else noticing a difference in social distancing and mask compliance during the week versus weekend?

Over the last few weeks, I've noticed on my sojourns out that social distancing and mask compliance is pretty good during the week but on the weekend, it seems to go out the window with a good 10%-20% chin strapping, nose sticking out out etc and really lax social distancing.  Inside line is  full, no problem, walk in anyway and mill around with a dozen other people in a 10x10 area inside by the door blocking the registers and exit for everybody.

Spectrum was packed...45min wait for patio dining at CPK. per a friiend..crazy, maybe people are using their CPK GCs since they don't know what will happen with the bankruptcy.  If CPK is packed, I'm sure all the other restaurants are too.  I personally would never go eat at patio dining. 

It's a long wait for many restaurants with outdoor patios.

King's Fish House and BJ's in Laguna Hills were 45 to 90 minutes waits.

To answer NSR's question, outdoor... less masks... indoor... almost 100% compliance.

100% compliance a joke

This will last a long time. People follow the president/dictator and he does not recommend masks. Masks are like the confederate flag.

4 hour wait to get into the lululemon outlet shop at cabazon.
You gotta make online reservation and they give you a time to enter.

zubs said:

That's nutso.  Just buy them online and if they don't fit send them back, easy peasy.

USCTrojanCPA said:
zubs said:

That's nutso.  Just buy them online and if they don't fit send them back, easy peasy.
Buy a lot of yoga pants, do you?

nosuchreality said:
Anybody else noticing a difference in social distancing and mask compliance during the week versus weekend?

Over the last few weeks, I've noticed on my sojourns out that social distancing and mask compliance is pretty good during the week but on the weekend, it seems to go out the window with a good 10%-20% chin strapping, nose sticking out out etc and really lax social distancing.  Inside line is  full, no problem, walk in anyway and mill around with a dozen other people in a 10x10 area inside by the door blocking the registers and exit for everybody.

Have not noticed much difference between weekday and weekend. In my experience, it has more to do with where not when.

The Chinese, Korean, and Japanese restaurants I went to in the past few weeks all have higher mask & distance compliance rate than Mastro's or Las Brisas or CPK.

My theory is that many of these non-compliant people are craving for human connections deep down, whether they know it themselves or not.

My favorite thing about wearing a mask is that the chances of having to engage in small talk is down significantly.

I don?t mind living like this forever.  ;D

Kenkoko said:
nosuchreality said:

Have not noticed much difference between weekday and weekend. In my experience, it has more to do with where not when.

The Chinese, Korean, and Japanese restaurants I went to in the past few weeks all have higher mask & distance compliance rate than Mastro's or Las Brisas or CPK.

My theory is that many of these non-compliant people are craving for human connections deep down, whether they know it themselves or not.

My favorite thing about wearing a mask is that the chances of having to engage in small talk is down significantly.

I don?t mind living like this forever.  ;D

Anyone who goes to Asia knows that masks are the norm even before Covid.  If you are sick, people expect you to wear a mask.  No big deal.

This goes to the heart of "American exceptionalism" and the concept of the rugged individualism.  "I am going to do thing my way because I am tough and indestructible". 

Same reason why Marlboro used a "rugged" cowboy to sell cancer stick..because "Damn it, I am an American and I will die of cancer if I want to".  Of course, 5 of the actors playing the Marlboro man died of cancer due to smoking. 

My son was up in Big Bear with a bunch of buddies over the week and told me its like nothing is going on. No face masks, walk into restaurants and stores without restrictions, like Amsterdam...

The land with no face masks: Holland's top scientists say there's no solid evidence coverings work and warn they could even damage the fight against Covid-19

As I walked around the sun-dappled streets of Amsterdam, something felt strange in this world swept by fear and pandemic. There was laughter coming from barges sliding along the famous canals, clusters of cyclists clogged the streets, shoppers dipped into chic boutiques, the barber shops seemed busy and cafes served couples chatting over coffee.

I heard many voices of tourists in bars and restaurants, while even the seedier sides of this celebrated Dutch city had people strolling through them. It took me a moment to realise what was so weird. Then it struck me. It felt like I had stepped back in time, returning to the pre-pandemic normality of a bustling city filled with human beings whose faces were not covered by cloth.

For while 120 countries in the world, including much of Europe, have ordered citizens to wear masks in public places to prevent the spread of Covid-19, the Dutch are doing things differently.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8583925/The-land-no-face-masks-Hollands-scientists-say-theres-no-solid-evidence-coverings-work.html

daedalus said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
zubs said:

Not me, my gf is a lululemon fan.

daedalus said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
daedalus said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
zubs said:

That makes 2 of us! 

I do not wear lululemon.

bones said:
daedalus said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
daedalus said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
zubs said:

That makes 2 of us! 

I do not wear lululemon.

Welp, there goes the birthday surprise.

bones said:
daedalus said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
daedalus said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
zubs said:

That makes 2 of us! 

I do not wear lululemon.

I was skeptical but once I tried on their ABC and Commission pants, I changed my entire wardrobe of pants to them. I no longer will wear jeans. A lot of my workout clothes have been slowly transitioned to Lululemon as well.

Back