VinFast Anyone?

aquabliss

Anyone interested in this Vietnamese made electric car?  Just got an email that they are bringing a Showroom to Irvine Spectrum:https://www.irvinespectrumcenter.com/shopping/stores/vin-fast

Also if you reserve your vehicle now (by April 5th) they will offer you:
> $3k Voucher off VF8 price or $5k Voucher off VF9 price (I presume you get the $7k tax credit as well?)
> 6 night stay at a 5 star villa in Vietnamhttps://reserve.vinfastauto.us/

Styling of both of these SUV's look pretty nice and the VF9 has 422mile range starting at $56k. large SUV with a 3rd row.

I guess you get rewarded for being the guinea pig but I've never even heard of this company before today and have no idea about the vehicle quality and reliability.

The VF-9 is pretty roomy and at 422 m/range, that's pretty good.

The promo seem too good 5K voucher and 7 night in Vietnam resort.

Sign me up.

I?m not sure now if these Vinfast qualify for the $7k federal EV tax credit, as I can?t find it listed online or their website.  I wrote them an email so we?ll see if they respond.  Might be worth ordering before April deadline so you can secure the voucher and free trip, then can test drive year end and decide if you still want it, if not the deposit is refundable.

Vin Diesel will be the perfect spokesperson for this company. They should do a Super Bowl commercial with Don pulling a ridiculous stunt with their vehicle.

aquabliss said:
I?m not sure now if these Vinfast qualify for the $7k federal EV tax credit, as I can?t find it listed online or their website.  I wrote them an email so we?ll see if they respond.  Might be worth ordering before April deadline so you can secure the voucher and free trip, then can test drive year end and decide if you still want it, if not the deposit is refundable.

Why would you consider if no 7k credit?

No way i will buy a car from state sponsor corrupt communist company that sucks on its people?s blood everyday.

I checked VinFast out at the LA Auto Show and they were impressive.

I also heard their Spectrum store is open and you can test drive a VF8.

Not interested after the battery subscription thing went live. So I have to pay $58k for your large SUV then $220/mo additional for the priveledge of driving it. Thanks, no thanks.

My dad reserved one of these but I have no interest. It's really difficult to do a car company from scratch, and I'm skeptical of anyone who thinks they can replicate what Tesla did.

Very nice design by Vinfast. Super precise impact absorb. 😀

Attachments

• DD684FDB-4905-4193-91D3-DE2F6354BCDA.jpeg
    DD684FDB-4905-4193-91D3-DE2F6354BCDA.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20

"Vietnam's national carmaker VinFast hasn't been off to a great start in the US market. Its first vehicle on sale in the United States, the VF8 crossover, saw just 128 new-vehicle registrations from January to May, according to Experian data cited by Automotive News."

While I was hopeful for VinFast, latest estimated pricing for the 3-row VF9 was $70-$80k+ and that may not include the battery.

I was able to see some test mules at their Irvine service center and it looks good but they need it be value priced rather than trying to compete with an R1S.

I think the VF8 is more than a Y which is not good.

Back