Villages of Columbus - Columbus Square - Verandas

[quote author="graphrix" date=1242747925][quote author="Newbee" date=1242712190]I have another friend that purchased a phase 6 and he agreed to give me the full 5,000 referral. Of course he'll want me to pay for the taxes from the 5,000, which works out better than bringing an agent. In regards to changing lots, if my friend wants to change to phase 8 (not released yet) will he have to wait until it is released or can they process this before?</blockquote>

Math here in the state of California is a bit different than some states. 3% of a $600k house = $18k, not $5k minus taxes.

Where are you from again? Because you aren't in SoCal.</blockquote>

maybe he doesn't know that he can request that buyer's agent to split the referral fee with him? he is a "Newbee" to begin with =).

I stand corrected; the broker co-op program at the Verandas is %2.5 which comes out to a lot more than $5,000.00. I took a look at 15204 Davenport last week and it's one home away from Edinger. You could hear the train pass by and the home is 1 of 4 homes facing each other.

Verandas is really nice, except the location. I think Camden is just about the furthest away you can get from the trains. But even I hear the horn at night. I cannot imagine living right next to Edinger or Kensington Park Drive. Even without the horn, just the rumbling of a passing train is not worth the money, especially in the summer time.

Anyone know if there are any incentive going on for the second plan? I received an email from them that stated the price of the second plan to be at 599k. Wondering if I can subtract the incentive and referral fees from the principal to get a better deal.

[quote author="rocket1356" date=1243309825]Anyone know if there are any incentive going on for the second plan? I received an email from them that stated the price of the second plan to be at 599k. Wondering if I can subtract the incentive and referral fees from the principal to get a better deal.</blockquote>

they let me subtract the incentive amount from the principal price.

Looks like a great deal for a new, single-family house. The newest phase is internal, not facing Edinger or Kensington Park.

[quote author="hehegrl" date=1243497137][quote author="rocket1356" date=1243309825]Anyone know if there are any incentive going on for the second plan? I received an email from them that stated the price of the second plan to be at 599k. Wondering if I can subtract the incentive and referral fees from the principal to get a better deal.</blockquote>

they let me subtract the incentive amount from the principal price.</blockquote>

Did you currently bought the house? How much was the incentive and what was the principal? Thanks.

Can someone give us the list of properties available and the purchase price for each? Last time we were there, they told we can't use whole 20K incentives for purchase price. It should be 10K towards closing and 10K towards upgrades or whole 20K towards upgrades. We were really interested in a lot and they dint accept our offer of having 20K deducted from purchase price. I am surprised they did it for somebody else.

[quote author="newhomebee" date=1243909526]Can someone give us the list of properties available and the purchase price for each? Last time we were there, they told we can't use whole 20K incentives for purchase price. It should be 10K towards closing and 10K towards upgrades or whole 20K towards upgrades. We were really interested in a lot and they dint accept our offer of having 20K deducted from purchase price. I am surprised they did it for somebody else.</blockquote>

When they gave us the 20K incentive, we put 8K towards closing cost and 12K towards the price. I'll be there over to talk options/upgrades sometimes this week so if i remember I'll get a pricing sheet.

That was so mean of them! How could they do it for some and not do it for others? She specifically told us that we cant apply it to the puchase price because it is affecting the appraisal of the properties. There was only one lot we were interested in and they sold it to somebody the next day that she said they cant do it for us. I believe the sales associates get a % of agent fee when they sell to a buyer with agent and we din't have one.

[quote author="newhomebee" date=1243926987]That was so mean of them! How could they do it for some and not do it for others? She specifically told us that we cant apply it to the puchase price because it is affecting the appraisal of the properties. There was only one lot we were interested in and they sold it to somebody the next day that she said they cant do it for us. I believe the sales associates get a % of agent fee when they sell to a buyer with agent and we din't have one.</blockquote>

I bought in Phase 6 whereas you are probably looking at Phase 8 right now? After Phase 6, sales picked up very fast and they were selling these homes a lot faster too. I think this is probably the reason why the decided to change their incentive usage and didn't let you use it towards the price of the home.

the manager at Lowe's garden center in Tustin Legacy was wondering why he could not sell many fruit trees? I shop there for the best selection of fruit trees.

Home Depot at the Marketplace often marked down its tree selections placed outside the garden center. The buyer has not learned in the last 23 years at the same location nobody buys canopy type trees because yards are too small to accommodate this type of trees.

newhomebee,

What lot and plan were you interested in? I think associates would prefer to sell to buyers without agents because William Lyons wouldn't have to pay a % to the agent.

Just got back from the sales office so here are the prices. There are only 2 lots left and I don't think phase 9 is released yet.

Phase 7 Move in October -

Lot 73 Plan 2A 1419 Georgia Lot Size 3034sqft -- $599,990

Phase 8 Move in December -

Lot 77 Plan 2A 1411 Georgia Lot Size 3042sqft -- $599,990

--

Not sure if anyone is interested in knowing but, on the pricing sheet, Lot 371 2CR 1456 Charleston $601,990 was marked off SOLD with a pen that, so I'm guess this is pretty recent.

[quote author="ndiddy" date=1244115980]http://www.redfin.com/CA/Tustin/1419-Georgia-St-92782/home/12257533

see i remember one of those verandas sold for in the 400s.</blockquote>

I dunno why this place has a previous sale price for 490K back in Feb 09 but...

1419 Georgia Street is Lot 73 for Phase 7 ... it has not been built yet?? ... at least that's what the price sheet i got said

Does anyone know how the schools for the Verandas residents compare to the schools in the IUSD? I know that the IUSD is better, but how do these schools compare? Are they complete drug infested dumps?

Schools: Tustin School District (TUSD): Marjorie Veeh Elementary, A.G. Currie Middle, Tustin High

[quote author="JVNA" date=1244456410]... how do these schools compare?</blockquote>

To check out how schools compare, visit <a href="http://www.greatschools.net/">greatschools.net.</a> You can look up everything from test scores to demographics, how experienced the teachers are, what the primary ESL group is, and a lot of other things.

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1244458533][quote author="JVNA" date=1244456410]... how do these schools compare?</blockquote>

To check out how schools compare, visit <a href="http://www.greatschools.net/">greatschools.net.</a> You can look up everything from test scores to demographics, how experienced the teachers are, what the primary ESL group is, and a lot of other things.</blockquote>

Thanks SC. I believe that there's supposed to be a new high school and elementary school built there. It makes me wonder how good these schools will be when they're built (years in the future). They'll be brand new, like Beckman was, so they may be good schools?

[quote author="JVNA" date=1244462972][quote author="SoCal78" date=1244458533][quote author="JVNA" date=1244456410]... how do these schools compare?</blockquote>

To check out how schools compare, visit <a href="http://www.greatschools.net/">greatschools.net.</a> You can look up everything from test scores to demographics, how experienced the teachers are, what the primary ESL group is, and a lot of other things.</blockquote>

Thanks SC. I believe that there's supposed to be a new high school and elementary school built there. It makes me wonder how good these schools will be when they're built (years in the future). They'll be brand new, like Beckman was, so they may be good schools?</blockquote>

I don't think the high school is going to be built there. The TUSD opted to renovate the existing high school instead, at least thats what i heard.

Back