Villages of Columbus - Columbus Square - Camden Place

OK, well - I dont know where you got your info, but I just received the detailed report and spoke directly with the sales rep to confirm. And this info is for the plan 3, I cant speak with regard to the plan 2.

Fridge: definately included

Appliances: all GE stainless (fridge, stove/oven, dishwasher, micro)

Bath: Included, just not jacuzzi

Maybe they re-upped to stainless due to falling values? In any case... *phew*. I didn't want to factor in the cost of additional appliances. Also, fiber optic still appears to be included.

Does anyone who frequents this thread actually live in Camden Place? What are your impressions? How do they compare with your expectations prior to moving in? Any subjective impressions welcome.

Interesting. Check out the posts by other members on page 23. From phase 12+ there were no tubs or stainless steel appliances. Sounds like they have reversed that order.

columbussquare.com

Posted: 28 September 2008 06:39 PM [ Thanks! ] [ Report ] [ Ignore ] [ # 558 ]

Homeless Newbie

Total Posts: 44

Joined 2008-09-15

Shooby - 28 September 2008 04:53 PM

From what I heard, phase 10 was the last phase that they included tubs in the master bath?s for plan 2 and 3. Also, stainless steel appliances.

The m.b. is shower only for 12 +

Stainless Steel appliances are still there they just switched from a convection oven to a regular one

PM

Chi2Cali

Posted: 29 September 2008 01:20 PM [ Thanks! ] [ Report ] [ Ignore ] [ # 559 ]

Homeless Newbie

Total Posts: 18

Joined 2008-02-04

From what I heard, phase 10 was the last phase that they included tubs in the master bath?s for plan 2 and 3. Also, stainless steel appliances.

Looks like Phase 11 owners are moving in today. If anyone?s on here welcome to the neighborhood.

I bought in Phase 11, and we still have the tub in the master bathroom, I was told that starting with Phase 12, the tub will not come with jets. Additionally, the appliances will be one level down on GE?s line.

PM

Polarbecca

Posted: 30 September 2008 08:42 PM [ Thanks! ] [ Report ] [ Ignore ] [ # 560 ]

Homeless Newbie

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2008-09-13

I wish I was in phase 11?.i can?t wait to get moving over with and get settled in!

Looks like Phase 11 owners are moving in today. If anyone?s on here welcome to the neighborhood.

PM

Polarbecca

Posted: 30 September 2008 08:44 PM [ Thanks! ] [ Report ] [ Ignore ] [ # 561 ]

Homeless Newbie

Total Posts: 37

Joined 2008-09-13

yah in phase 12 there is no tub in the master just a shower and then a very generic simple tub in the guest bath!

Chi2Cali - 29 September 2008 01:20 PM

I bought in Phase 11, and we still have the tub in the master bathroom, I was told that starting with Phase 12, the tub will not come with jets. Additionally, the appliances will be one level down on GE?s line.

[quote author="MojoJD" date=1236822156]Does anyone who frequents this thread actually live in Camden Place? What are your impressions? How do they compare with your expectations prior to moving in? Any subjective impressions welcome.</blockquote>

Hmm, let me see. Everything's been pretty good. The one negative thing I can think of, is that the HOA isn't enforcing much. Unfortunately for us, we have a neighbor who has Harleys and the noise is magnified by the canyons created by the townhomes. Our whole house vibrates when they come and go.

The other violation not being enforced is the parking. There are a number of cars that are constantly parked in guest spots. I guess these are all problems you can expect when you're living in a dense area.

[quote author="Perspective" date=1236924642][quote author="MojoJD" date=1236822156]Does anyone who frequents this thread actually live in Camden Place? What are your impressions? How do they compare with your expectations prior to moving in? Any subjective impressions welcome.</blockquote>

Hmm, let me see. Everything's been pretty good. The one negative thing I can think of, is that the HOA isn't enforcing much. Unfortunately for us, we have a neighbor who has Harleys and the noise is magnified by the canyons created by the townhomes. Our whole house vibrates when they come and go.

The other violation not being enforced is the parking. There are a number of cars that are constantly parked in guest spots. I guess these are all problems you can expect when you're living in a dense area.</blockquote>

I totally agree with you on the parking. Might as well relabel those spots for "third garage space" or...."For those who use your garage for entertainment/business/storage purposes"

Some people are just really inconsiderate.

I live there as well and know of the home owners with the harley's. They are pretty much the only neighbors with whom i have a problem with, everyone else has been great. A lot of young couples (though i think there may be repercussions in a few years as many homes were sold at the peak with those exotic mortgages still available). From what i've heard, Cambridge lane has a much worse parking problem and less considerate neighbors.

I think it's a quiet, peaceful community with some interesting spaces. I'm not a fan of the alley loaded product but with this design, if you are walking through the community, you tend to be diverted from walking through the cavernous alleys.

My opinion though is that woe to you if you bought a unit facing valencia. Once the loop is completed and tustin ranch road is connected (who knows when though), you'll basiclly be living next to a class II highway (think Red Hill).

[quote author="MojoJD" date=1236821485]OK, well - I dont know where you got your info, but I just received the detailed report and spoke directly with the sales rep to confirm. And this info is for the plan 3, I cant speak with regard to the plan 2.

Fridge: definately included

Appliances: all GE stainless (fridge, stove/oven, dishwasher, micro)

Bath: Included, just not jacuzzi

Maybe they re-upped to stainless due to falling values? In any case... *phew*. I didn't want to factor in the cost of additional appliances. Also, fiber optic still appears to be included.</blockquote>

Can you share what the incentives are right now if any? I'm now highly considering with the CA tax refund along with the federal refund.

Are the appliances GE Profile or just GE Stainless.

[quote author="RedElmo" date=1237026566]

Can you share what the incentives are right now if any? </blockquote>

$10,000 for any combination of things you want to use it for. $10,000 total.

BTW, if you haven't put down any of your information with the sales office yet, go with someone when you visit the sales office. Tell em that they referred you, and they get $5,000. You can offer to give him $500 for his time. :)

To those of you buying Camden, why are you buying a new home as opposed to pursuing the properties for sale within the community. Took a walk around and I believe there are two foreclosures and two more homes as short sales on the market. Is the builder pricing below the sales price?

I went against the advice of basically everyone on this board and bought at the end of 2007.

As you know, there were no foreclosures for me to look at back then. Only brand new, sparkling, overpriced homes.

But at least I saved money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

The 2 foreclosed Camden properties are listed at 399k (not bank approved yet), these 2 units have no upgrades, basic carpet etc. You can get a brand new sparkling one for 424k with 25k ugprades closing cost.

[quote author="poiboy" date=1237258813]The 2 foreclosed Camden properties are listed at 399k (not bank approved yet), these 2 units have no upgrades, basic carpet etc. You can get a brand new sparkling one for 424k with 25k ugprades closing cost.</blockquote>

My neighbor's selling his place (Plan 2); I think it's listed on Redfin. Another neighbor (Plan 3) walked around a year ago. There are a few visits here-&-there; there was an open-house one weekend. I don't know what this one's selling for, but he took the fridge, so other items may be missing.

Funny story - this neighbor who walked was a single guy (in his late 20s maybe) who rented the downstairs bedroom for $800 (so he claimed). I remember hearing him on his balcony in early 2008 talking about the new car he'd just bought, and bragging that he was gonna refi his townhome soon and roll all his credit card debt and car loan into one mortgage. That was funny! I remember thinking he was in for a rude awakening, and shortly thereafter, his home was a foreclosure.

I guess that's another thing I can say about Camden Place. When people are out on their balconies talking, you will hear it. The tall homes have a way of capturing the sound and magnifying it.

[quote author="tkaratz" date=1237013279]My opinion though is that woe to you if you bought a unit facing valencia. Once the loop is completed and tustin ranch road is connected (who knows when though), you'll basiclly be living next to a class II highway (think Red Hill).</blockquote>

I think you are confusing Valencia with Tustin Ranch Road. Valencia won't see much traffic.

[quote author="asianinvasian" date=1237341517][quote author="tkaratz" date=1237013279]My opinion though is that woe to you if you bought a unit facing valencia. Once the loop is completed and tustin ranch road is connected (who knows when though), you'll basiclly be living next to a class II highway (think Red Hill).</blockquote>

I think you are confusing Valencia with Tustin Ranch Road. Valencia won't see much traffic.</blockquote>

I meant Valencia.

From what I understand, the Harley riding in between the houses could constitute a violation of the homeowners association rules. After reading about the parking and this, I think we need a tough enforcement policy in the community, as was suggested in an earlier post. I might start getting pro-active on this once I move in.

Back