Village Apartments in Irvine-Aye or Nay?

Basketball pickup games happen almost every weeknight around 6-9 with tues and wed being the busy days. There are Saturday late morning games as well.

I've lived in Cambria for over a year, and overall I like the amenities but will be moving out soon. (with some negotiation they will not raise your rent for renewals)

Complaints: Outside of a few obnoxious drunks, this is a really quiet neighborhood - almost TOO quiet considering this is "urban" living. As a young professional I find it difficult to deal with the obsessively tight security and noise complaints. I don't party hard myself, but it seems as if there is a LOCK DOWN on any kind of noise, even during the DAY. Its hard to have a social gathering with friends without some type of security intervention. If you are moving here in hopes of a bustling "urban" feel community, sorry its just another irvine company complex.

If you are looking for peace and quiet, move to Portola or Woodbury but if you must live at the village dont live by the bball, pools, garages....

There will constantly be construction happening, as irvine company is always replacing or repairing something on the property.

The floorboards are thin! Your neighbors above will sound like a thunderous herd of cattle when they are just barely walking around.

Oh and almost no one picks up their dog poo! rude!

<blockquote>Basketball pickup games happen almost every weeknight around 6-9 with tues and wed being the busy days. There are Saturday late morning games as well.</blockquote>
Thanks!

They do have tight security, but I like it. The security is really nice and I like that they keep it under control. The main thing they go after is loud noice and glass at the pool. It's not a big deal. I did like the Monte Carlo party this weekend. That was the best event I have ever seen at a apartment community. They must have had 300 people so you can say they don't like to have fun in the Village. I moved from a Woodbury apt and the noice was louder and no control at the pool. We had no security and I paid just as much as living in the Village.

[quote author="vicstah" date=1207290169]Yes, let me know if anyone wants to split referral fee :)</blockquote>

Still waiting...

[quote author="OC Guy" date=1238676053][quote author="vicstah" date=1207290169]Yes, let me know if anyone wants to split referral fee :)</blockquote>

Still waiting...</blockquote>

bump. still waiting for my half.

[quote author="vicstah" date=1239009699]Your half is coming... I moved out of the Village 2 months ago. Check your mail on Tuesday. :p</blockquote>
Where'd you end up moving to?

The BIG problem with the VILLAGE is the noise of the Vehicles.

A lot of the sh#^ heads there and their friends think they have the fastest cars in Irvine so they always try to speed down the main street revvvvvvinnnng their vehicles up or peeeellling out or going around the round-about tooo fast. I've seen many many cars do this and if you get an apartment facing the street sides, you will hear all of this. Not only that, but these guys do it at night 1am, 2am, etc. I guess they think they are cool or something. Wish the management would put speed bumps for this.

Also, I've noticed the parking outside stinks, I've tried to park outside to visit and I always see the same cars over and over. No parking enforcement.

Thx Vic!

[quote author="frank69m" date=1239046183]The BIG problem with the VILLAGE is the noise of the Vehicles.

A lot of the sh#^ heads there and their friends think they have the fastest cars in Irvine so they always try to speed down the main street revvvvvvinnnng their vehicles up or peeeellling out or going around the round-about tooo fast. I've seen many many cars do this and if you get an apartment facing the street sides, you will hear all of this. Not only that, but these guys do it at night 1am, 2am, etc. I guess they think they are cool or something. Wish the management would put speed bumps for this.

Also, I've noticed the parking outside stinks, I've tried to park outside to visit and I always see the same cars over and over. No parking enforcement.</blockquote>

I don't live facing the street, so I haven't experienced that. But the "visitor" parking is definitely used by residents 24/7. No parking enforcement whatsoever. The walls are incredibly thin, if you have a neighbor who has an alarm clock set to 6:00 am and likes to hit snooze about 10 times before waking up, you'll hear it.

=/

Back