Veterans Cemetery coming to Irvine

Perspective said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I'm with momopi.

Veterans are one of the correct Constitutional things we are paying taxes for.
Interesting. What are some of the things that aren't "correct Constitutional things" for which we're paying?

Foreign aid to friendly countries in the form of Abrams tanks built out of Lima, Ohio.  The army don't need no more, but we gotta keep those tank assembly lines going in case we get into an actual land war....but mainly to keep jobs from disappearing.

zubs said:
Perspective said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I'm with momopi.

Interesting. What are some of the things that aren't "correct Constitutional things" for which we're paying?

Foreign aid to friendly countries in the form of Abrams tanks built out of Lima, Ohio.  The army don't need no more, but we gotta keep those tank assembly lines going in case we get into an actual land war....but mainly to keep jobs from disappearing.

Terrible, indeed. Un-Constitutional?

Perspective said:
irvinehomeowner said:
I'm with momopi.

Obamacare. :)

Special interest programs.

Irvine Dream said:
jmoney74 said:
It's not like people want to move the cemeteries next a landfill or former toxic site.. just to the lush hills in Anaheim.  ;)
Or it can remain within the former Naval Base which is very appropriate.  Base was there first, houses came after. 

My opinion has nothing to do with me trying to get a nice house in Irvine at a price that I can afford >:D

But house before cemetery. 

I said the cemetery will not be in the Greatpark almost 1-1/2 ago. Some Privately messages me before they purchased Ellwood because of their worries over the cemetery. I assured them the cemetery will not be seen from their homes nor within the Feng shui sphere of influence. I also predicted that the interested group will run out of money and needs to leverage developer to finance this ambitious project.

I doubt superstitious Chinese would turn down their high 6 digit salary mid level executive position at Broadcom because of the cemetery proximity. Just imagined no Chinese would want to attend UCLA because the Veteran Cemetery is just a 1/4 miles from the campus.

Since this location could no,longer threaten home sales at The Great Park I doubt any mysterious donation or funding will show up to finance this endeavor. It will just drag on until Broadcom needs another piece of dirt to expand its campus.

irvinehomeshopper said:
I said the cemetery will not be in the Greatpark almost 1-1/2 ago. Some Privately messages me before they purchased Ellwood because of their worries over the cemetery. I assured them the cemetery will not be seen from their homes nor within the Feng shui sphere of influence. I also predicted that the interested group will run out of money and needs to leverage developer to finance this ambitious project.

I doubt superstitious Chinese would turn down their high 6 digit salary mid level executive position at Broadcom because of the cemetery proximity. Just imagined no Chinese would want to attend UCLA because the Veteran Cemetery is just a 1/4 miles from the campus.

Since this location could no,longer threaten home sales at The Great Park I doubt any mysterious donation or funding will show up to finance this endeavor. It will just drag on until Broadcom needs another piece of dirt to expand its campus.

So, you're saying feng shui rules are so loose and illogical, that most folks just like to spread the fear of disobedience to feng shui, sharing every bad thing that is certain to occur, but most will rationalize feng shui issues to suit their needs?

I find a lot of contradictions in Irvine Chinese beside the Feng shui belief. They are paranoid about safety and must raise their kids in a safety bubble. However they send their kids to the most dangerous colleges in America.http://crimewatchdaily.com/2015/09/02/10-most-dangerous-campuses-in-america/
Quite a double standard I must say.

irvinehomeshopper said:
I find a lot of contradictions in Irvine Chinese beside the Feng shui belief. They are paranoid about safety and must raise their kids in a safety bubble. However they send their kids to the most dangerous colleges in America.http://crimewatchdaily.com/2015/09/02/10-most-dangerous-campuses-in-america/
Quite a double standard I must say.

Palo Alto 4th most dangerous??  For what, getting hit by a golf ball while biking to class?

Perspective said:
jmoney74 said:
Homer_Simpson said:
jmoney74 said:
Anyone go?

Yeah they changed it to be built in Pavillion Park!  They are demolishing the green house as we speak.

I guess I can make up property values by charging for parking.

You can make a ton selling flowers near the entrance. That is, if the cemetery doesn't hasten your death.

$$$$$$$$

interesting.. it was backed up by the cemetery spokesman and all.. but still.  I guess our politicians here are lined up.

Back