Veterans Cemetery coming to Irvine

Our Gang said:
yaliu07 said:
how do you know there is NO federal funding?
From a Registered Professional Archaeologist in Southern California:

"By the way, the soils where the 'Chinese' development is being built contains tens of thousands of cremated human bone fragments from the 5,000 years of Juaneno occupation of the area!  Talk about bad fung shei, baby."

Was that in the disclosures you did not bother to read (homework)?

The site is haunted. Spiritually contaminated. Your homes are all in the wrong place. All of them.

Now can you find out who the Juanenos are? They are still here, you know.

Exactly. Or the Gabrielinos in the L.A. Basin. The feng shui followers will be in for a surprise when their public school 3rd grader brings home their report on the history of Orange County / L.A. It's interesting how we don't see home values crashing in Santa Monica, Rancho Palos Verdes, Malibu despite the legacy of the land. Then again, Irvine is certainly no Beverly Hills in more ways than one. We'll see.

WTTCHMN said:
Great Park memorial honors Marines, soldiers killed in plane crash after takeoff from El Toro.

Interestingly, the crash happened at Loma Ridge, site of the current landfill.  Is that how we honor our veterans?
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/crash-669076-memorial-hollingsworth.html
So now we are building a cemetery to honer a bunch of people whose occupation are soldiers and marines but actually didn't die because of the war?  This is just super...

Roger said:
So now we are building a cemetery to honer a bunch of people whose occupation are soldiers and marines but actually didn't die because of the war?  This is just super...
It isn't about how they die.

#shakingmyhead

James Ding: ?We respect our veterans since they contributed their loyalty to our
great country and protected our freedom and peace. We actually hope
our government can find a beautiful and peaceful place to construct
the veterans? cemetery.?

Rakefire: ?Don't let others twists the truth. ? Tell them you love the veterans, but Great Park is no place for veterans cemetery.?

?        Majority of Irvine Resident oppose a Cemetery in OC Great Park
?        There is an alternative site identified in Orange County for a Veteran Cemetery
?        Any Cemetery in the Great Park will certainly affect residents? life in certain ways.
1.      Your living environment suffered
2.    Your kids attending a school near the cemetery
3.    Your home will be less attractive on the market

Hosted by Orange County Residents Alliance (OCRA) & City of Irvine
To contact us, e-mail: icity1688@gmail.com
For latest update, see: icity168.blogspot.com

When I see "James Ding", I can't get this image out of my head:

James_Dean_in_Rebel_Without_a_Cause.jpg

Yes, that's him! You can tell by the eyes!

James Ding: 80% of the Nearby Irvine Residents are against the cemetery in the OC Great Park   See video at this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNe46Oa8NEI&feature=youtu.be

jmoney74 said:
eatthis said:
Our Gang said:
eatthis said:
Our Gang said:
eatthis said:
Our Gang said:
The Veterans cemetery came in during this process. Before Irvine sold out to FP, the cemetery was part of the discussion. Irvine cried poor to sell the FP deal.

Please help us do our homework. Where's the documentation to back this up?

Video records of public Irvine City Council meetings.
There are a ton of videos. Which one?

Wade into them, have fun. Had you been there, you'd know where to look.
Figures. All talk, no substance.

No point talking to the dude. He came on TI with an Agenda... To argue for the cemetery built for baby killers.

Any new developments on this? I did a search but haven't seen anything in the news within the past month nor on the OCVMP Facebook page. Anything new from the other side?

City of Irvine has no funding to build this cemetery. It is postponed indefinitely. Without a financial sponsor it will eventually go away. City of Irvine has no leverage to extract this huge amount from developers to build a cemetery unless some mysterious money just show up from an anonymous philanthropist. In the meantime as many homes are being sold the Chinese population opposition will continue to soar. Every two years Politicians need votes therefore people will have a voice. I predict it will go away eventually.

No, still just looking, but ready to pull the trigger if wife gives green light.  able to prequal noncontingent :)

Out of curiosity, do you have a linkable source for this? I'd love to read up about it. Thanks!

irvinehomeshopper said:
City of Irvine has no funding to build this cemetery. It is postponed indefinitely. Without a financial sponsor it will eventually go away. City of Irvine has no leverage to extract this huge amount from developers to build a cemetery unless some mysterious money just show up from an anonymous philanthropist. In the meantime as many homes are being sold the Chinese population opposition will continue to soar. Every two years Politicians need votes therefore people will have a voice. I predict it will go away eventually.

Back