Our Gang said:
eyephone said:
Our Gang said:
yaliu07 said:
Our Gang said:
yaliu07 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
yaliu07 said:
my understanding on that disclosure statement is cemetery may or may not build.  it may build in anywhere in orange county.  however, it is build in GP, it may impact traffic. 

with that understanding, i should NOT buy any house in orange county...
So the disclosure *was* in your paperwork?

#truthtime

too lazy to dig up all the paper.  i just remember there is landfill, jail and nuclear power plant.  i dont remember if there is cemetery.

however, let's just assume there IS such disclosure, should I just NOT buy any old/new house in Orange county?

Lazy yaliu, the map is easily available. Do you live in Irvine? Do some homework!

I do live in irvine now.  however, this is the FIRST time i saw the map you provided.  and i dont know where i can EASILY find them.

Internet yaliu. Have a computer connected to the internet? A trained monkey can do this. Gosh.

Dang Yaliu. He's clowning

Just being helpful, Not hateful.

Argh I have to go on a internet message board because some dude offended me about a stupid vet cemetery.  Arghhhhhhh

Who offended you? let's get 'em!

Our Gang said:
yaliu07 said:
Our Gang said:
yaliu07 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
yaliu07 said:
my understanding on that disclosure statement is cemetery may or may not build.  it may build in anywhere in orange county.  however, it is build in GP, it may impact traffic. 

#truthtime

too lazy to dig up all the paper.  i just remember there is landfill, jail and nuclear power plant.  i dont remember if there is cemetery.

however, let's just assume there IS such disclosure, should I just NOT buy any old/new house in Orange county?

Lazy yaliu, the map is easily available. Do you live in Irvine? Do some homework!

I do live in irvine now.  however, this is the FIRST time i saw the map you provided.  and i dont know where i can EASILY find them.

Internet yaliu. Have a computer connected to the internet? A trained monkey can do this. Gosh.

Please provide details instructions.
step 1. go to google.com
step 2. then what? 

yaliu07 said:
Our Gang said:
yaliu07 said:
Our Gang said:
yaliu07 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
yaliu07 said:

#truthtime

step 1. go to google.com
step 2. then what?

You are the dynamic leader of a group, so I've heard? Must really be some group!
OK, enter a search term.
Just guessing here, maybe try IRVINE VETERANS CEMETERY.
Click mouse.
And I hope you can find your way home. You group maybe can help.
Come back to us when you've learned some facts, you're a bit short in that area.

Yaliu, I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that you do a self-imposed moratorium on posting on this thread. You're just not arguing the right points or saying the right things to advance your cause.

bones said:
Yaliu, I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that you do a self-imposed moratorium on posting on this thread. You're just not arguing the right points or saying the right things to advance your cause.

true and thanks...

yaliu07 said:
Our Gang said:
yaliu07 said:
Our Gang said:
yaliu07 said:
irvinehomeowner said:
yaliu07 said:

#truthtime

step 1. go to google.com
step 2. then what?

lol

nice work Yaliu..  Zubs would be proud.

Our Gang said:
WillJoy said:
irvinehomeowner said:
1. How can WillJoy forget he bought a house in 2014?

It was a joint purchase handled primarily by my business partner. I signed the papers and went on happily with my life.

You did no homework either!

My aging eyes forbid me from reading anything longer than letter size. Besides, what can go wrong in Irvine.  ;D

yaliu07 said:
Yet not too lazy to start a petition, to organize a town hall meeting, or to post a million times on TI?

C'mon... if you really cared about this cemetery issue, you would find the energy to dig up that disclosure document to properly support your position that you were not told about this possibility. Unless, it does have that disclosure and now you are dancing.
If a nearby cemetery was really an issue, yes. Or at least you would do enough research to determine if there is undeveloped land near where you are buying that could possibly be a cemetery site, especially if a disclosure specifically points out an area near where you are buying (like WillJoy's post clearly does).

Or you could go with an older/resale home. Since most of the surrounding areas are already developed, it limits the possibility of having a cemetery built close by.

Sorry, as bones stated, I think you are exposing yourself to foot in mouth disease by trying to argue the wrong points.

So can 5 Points use "laziness" as an excuse of not making you more aware of the possibility that a cemetery would happen in the Great Park?

Short version of history:

MCAS El Toro closed in 1999. North OC and Newport Beach wanted it to be an international airport ? and move the noise away from them. South County NIMBYs (me included) fought it, several ballots later it was to become a Great Park.  Irvine claimed the territory by expanding their borders with a pen. Since the base closing was announced, a Veterans Cemetery has been a topic. State redevelopment funds were pulled, Irvine no longer had $1.4B to make the Great Canyon (previously provided map). They sold out zoning to FP to get a great sports park. The Veterans Cemetery came back into the program. Has since become law.

Meanwhile, in PRC, lots of folks were making a lot of money. But PRC is not really a safe place for money. Communists in control, pollution, intense competition (I?ve been there and done business). FP sees a golden opportunity (they are really very good at what they do), has sales offices in Beijing. Sells multiple homes to same buyer for cash, for a premium, promotes FS designs. The word gets around. Irvine is attractive, clean, safe, free, great weather, world class schools. Perfection on earth.  And in Orange County, a great place for real estate investment. We know why they?re here. Same reason we are. Welcome to the USA.

NIMBY = Not In My Back Yard 

Very recently, new arrivals (not USA citizens, not voters) from PRC hear of a Veteran Cemetery that has been public knowledge and process since 1999.  And a few went into ranting NIMBY mode, spewing fabricated fear-mongering falsehoods and conducting kabuki  theater before the Irvine Council. They did not do their due diligence (homework) in their rush to park their riches in safety, and now speak without the faintest hint of facts.  They lose face for all Asians (OC Register?s term) with their tantrums, and are successful at stirring the enmity of the indigenous citizen residents.

That?s about it, in a nutshell.

Our Gang said:
Short version of history:

MCAS El Toro closed in 1999. North OC and Newport Beach wanted it to be an international airport ? and move the noise away from them. South County NIMBYs (me included) fought it, several ballots later it was to become a Great Park.  Irvine claimed the territory by expanding their borders with a pen. Since the base closing was announced, a Veterans Cemetery has been a topic. State redevelopment funds were pulled, Irvine no longer had $1.4B to make the Great Canyon (previously provided map). They sold out zoning to FP to get a great sports park. The Veterans Cemetery came back into the program. Has since become law.

Meanwhile, in PRC, lots of folks were making a lot of money. But PRC is not really a safe place for money. Communists in control, pollution, intense competition (I?ve been there and done business). FP sees a golden opportunity (they are really very good at what they do), has sales offices in Beijing. Sells multiple homes to same buyer for cash, for a premium, promotes FS designs. The word gets around. Irvine is attractive, clean, safe, free, great weather, world class schools. Perfection on earth.  And in Orange County, a great place for real estate investment. We know why they?re here. Same reason we are. Welcome to the USA.

NIMBY = Not In My Back Yard 

Very recently, new arrivals (not USA citizens, not voters) from PRC hear of a Veteran Cemetery that has been public knowledge and process for since 1999.  And a few went into ranting NIMBY mode, spewing fabricated fear-mongering falsehoods and conducting kabuki  theater before the Irvine Council. They did not do their due diligence (homework) in their rush to park their riches in safety, and now speak without the faintest hint of facts.  They lose face for all Asians (OC Register?s term) with their tantrums, and are successful at stirring the enmity of the indigenous citizen residents.

That?s about it, in a nutshell.

Ah.. so you're a ghetto south county folk.  Makes sense now.

Our Gang said:
Great Canyon map

So from this old rendering, would people still oppose the site if it was further away, south of the school, or maybe even closer to marine way or even Alton or next to Broadcom, far away enough where the existing cemetery on Irvine/trabuco in lake forest would be closer.

I don't believe there couldn't be a compromise

PatrickStar said:
bones said:
I understand where you're coming from.  But that passionate speech should really be reserved for the folks that buy at Beacon Park and the future GP neighborhoods.  From a location standpoint, Pavilion Park is really no different than other parts of Portola Springs, Stonegate, Woodbury.  Its distance to the public spaces at the Great Park is pretty "far"... in fact, wasn't that a negative when comparing Beacon Park to Pavilion Park in another thread?  And traffic generated by the GP may get bad but again, every neighborhood along the Sand Canyon corridor will be affected.

That's fair. I've never really assessed the distances to specific areas of the park --- but I promise to take a ride around tomorrow while I am in the neighborhood.  If I'm wrong I'll come back and say so. But honestly, even though I am (obviously) in favor of the memorial, I do understand the issue and feel for those troubled by it. But I just don't agree with trying to impose the will of the few on the many, and for what I can see is primarily fear of loss of home value. That's NIMBY.

So following up on this, Bones. Sorry it has been a few days. At any rate, I did manage to take a quick ride around the GP and PP on Wednesday, and after seeing first hand, I will agree with your assessment above 100%. PP is in fact quite far removed from the GP proper, and in particular the cemetery location. Seeing all of this finally with my own eyes as opposed to maps and IHO's poltergeist travel schedule has left me all the more perplexed at the strategy of yaliu's friends. Seriously, I truly believe that the vocal protesting of this PROPOSED (it's not even funded yet) cemetery has done far more damage to property values than any potential --- years away --- cemetery.

Now, I'm a finance guy and not a PR or Marketing type, so take this for what it is worth yaliu. But if I were you and your friends I would take the exact OPPOSITE approach you are. Rather than push an agenda which highlights the fact the cemetery is going in and features a petition  --- and even includes quotes from your membership that they are considering leaving the community for this fact --- if your goal is property value preservation I'd recommend an approach of using your internet presence to highlight the Chinese-American GOOD LIFE in PP. Make potential buyers to PP or Beacon Park realize you and your friends are living well and that threat of a cemetery does not phase you in the least. Plaster it with pictures of Asian kids playing in that beautiful neighborhood park. Grandparents playing mahjong in those bigger than average yards. Mothers walking their kids to school with a Hermes slung over their shoulder. Dads exchanging business cards in the driveways while standing in front of the GT3's they will be racing on Portola later that night. Basically create a Chinese-American marketing campaign of your own which will ensure any Asian hesitant about the GP neighborhood because of a cemetery looks at it and says "look at how happy and prosperous THOSE Asians are; that cemetery does not bother them at all".

That's what I would do. But of course take that with a grain of salt. As I believe someone said here earlier, I'd probably be flipping burgers if not for the military. Right?

PatrickStar said:
Now, I'm a finance guy and not a PR or Marketing type, so take this for what it is worth yaliu. But if I were you and your friends I would take the exact OPPOSITE approach you are. Rather than push an agenda which highlights the fact the cemetery is going in and features a petition  --- and even includes quotes from your membership that they are considering leaving the community for this fact --- if your goal is property value preservation I'd recommend an approach of using your internet presence to highlight the Chinese-American GOOD LIFE in PP. Make potential buyers to PP or Beacon Park realize you and your friends are living well and that threat of a cemetery does not phase you in the least. Plaster it with pictures of Asian kids playing in that beautiful neighborhood park. Grandparents playing mahjong in those bigger than average yards. Mothers walking their kids to school with a Hermes slung over their shoulder. Dads exchanging business cards in the driveways while standing in front of the GT3's they will be racing on Portola later that night. Basically create a Chinese-American marketing campaign of your own which will ensure any Asian hesitant about the GP neighborhood because of a cemetery looks at it and says "look at how happy and prosperous THOSE Asians are; that cemetery does not bother them at all".

That's what I would do. But of course take that with a grain of salt. As I believe someone said here earlier, I'd probably be flipping burgers if not for the military. Right?

Yaliu, don't fall for it. Patrick is trying to get more rich FCB clients for himself. Besides, we already have more FCB's than we can handle in Irvine. Follow your instinct, fight on the bad feng shui. I got your back on this. I have to because we are neighbors at pp.

Since no federal funding. Who will pick up the tab?
(Issue bonds? City of irvine to pay for maintenance and water?)

#kicktheballdowntheroad

PatrickStar said:
Seeing all of this finally with my own eyes as opposed to maps and IHO's poltergeist travel schedule has left me all the more perplexed at the strategy of yaliu's friends.

Maybe one of Yaliu's friends is named Emile.  That would explain a lot.

yaliu07 said:
how do you know there is NO federal funding?
From a Registered Professional Archaeologist in Southern California:

"By the way, the soils where the 'Chinese' development is being built contains tens of thousands of cremated human bone fragments from the 5,000 years of Juaneno occupation of the area!  Talk about bad fung shei, baby."

Was that in the disclosures you did not bother to read (homework)?

The site is haunted. Spiritually contaminated. Your homes are all in the wrong place. All of them.

Now can you find out who the Juanenos are? They are still here, you know.

[/quote]

Maybe one of Yaliu's friends is named Emile.  That would explain a lot.
[/quote]

So yaliu, don't worry about the cemetery that may never be built, worry more about the graves your homes are built on. If you hold to FS, you'll want to leave now and warn all your friends.

Plenty of other nice alternative developments:

Chinese homebuyers flood U.S. market
Orange County Register
By PRASHANT GOPAL / BLOOMBERG NEWS
June 21, 2015 / Updated 8:04 a.m.

Chinese buyers ... rank as the biggest foreign purchasers of U.S. homes by both sales and dollar volume...

Buyers from China spent $28.6 billion on U.S. homes (Whoa! FP want some of that!) ... according to an annual report released last week by the National Association of Realtors.

Homebuyers from China have flooded into the American market in recent years amid growing affluence by residents of the world?s most populous nation, where the U.S. is viewed as a safe haven for wealth (because it's not safe in PRC)

They?re typically buying more expensive properties, with an average purchase price of $831,800, compared with $499,600 for all international buyers.

?You look at the numbers and realize China is an expanding economy,? said Jed Smith, managing director of quantitative research for the Realtors group.

?While the Canadian economy is expanding, it?s going to be smaller relative to China. I think we?ll see more Chinese buying in the future.?

?This means international purchasers in the U.S. have become an upscale group of buyers, spending more money on fewer homes,? (You say they bought the rights to tell Veterans to move away!) Lawrence Yun, chief economist of the Realtors, said in the statement.

Chinese buyers gravitate toward the West Coast, because of its proximity to Asia. Many of those buyers purchase homes for their children ... he said. (And don't read the disclosures)

?If you go to an open house here, maybe eight of 10 buyers are Chinese, one is Indian and the other is American,? said Zhang, (so as a developer, who would you be building for?) an agent for 10 years and a Chinese speaker. 

?Most Chinese want to pay cash.?  (why the developers really like them!)
The majority of international deals ... were all-cash transactions, compared with home purchases made by U.S. buyers, the Realtors group said.

Landsea Group, a builder based in Nanjing, China, opened a U.S. division in 2013 to take advantage of the U.S. housing rebound and growing demand for overseas real estate by mainland Chinese, according to John Ho, chief executive officer of the company?s American division.

Landsea, which has developed about 91 million square feet of housing in China, has projects underway in Dublin and Simi Valley, in California, and Weehawken, N.J.

The U.S. surge of buying by Chinese occurs at the same time the central government in their home country is trying to control overheated markets in stocks and real estate, said David Woo, head of global rates and currencies at Bank of America Merrill Lynch.

?The housing bubble is still there,? Woo said last week in an interview with ?Bloomberg Surveillance.?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now consider ..... why is the USA a safe place for your kids and your property?

Back