Vegas Restaurant Recommendations?

paydawg

Going with my wife in a few weeks....haven't been to LV in a while.  What do you TI'ers recommend for nice/fun restaurants? We eat everything, but don't always enjoy the highest-end cuisines (i.e. foie gras & caviar).  We're going to be staying at the Mandarin Oriental.

paydawg said:
Going with my wife in a few weeks....haven't been to LV in a while.  What do you TI'ers recommend for nice/fun restaurants? We eat everything, but don't always enjoy the highest-end cuisines (i.e. foie gras & caviar).  We're going to be staying at the Mandarin Oriental.

Then I guess you will be skipping Guy Savoy.  Shake Shack instead??

If you're a buffet person - I'd recommend the buffet at the Aria (next door to M.O.).

Upscale buffet - Caesar's Palace or Sterling Brunch Buffet at Bally's (only Sundays, serves lobster tail, filet, crab legs, etc).

Asian food off strip - Big Wong for cheap asian food (https://www.yelp.com/biz/big-wong-restaurant-las-vegas). Or Lotus of Siam for Thai (https://www.yelp.com/biz/lotus-of-siam-las-vegas).

In the mall next to M.O. there is a Wolfgang Puck restaurant that's fairly affordable for pastas and italian food.

Cheap decent steak with quiet ambience? Del Monico's at Venetian

Pretty good steak with higher quality?  Gordon Ramsey steak at paris or CUT

Cool experience? e by Jose Andres.  You get a golden ticket when you make reservations

Cheap food? Burgr by Gordon Ramsey steak.  Their cr?me brule oreo shake is to die for.  Also Tacos EL gordo is a must after a nice buzz.  YUM!

dessert?  I like Sweets Raku

What I want to try when I go next?  Lucky dragon dim sum restaurant

I've stopped going to buffets.  Just not worth it anymore.  Even Bacchanal has gone down in quality.  No point in spending $45 a person.  Family of 4 is like $200 easy.  Pointless, might as well enjoy a nice steak dinner for the same price

Golden Steer is a classic old school goodfellas steak house

http://www.goldensteerlasvegas.com/our_history.html

The Golden Steer Steakhouse is a restaurant where locals meet and families celebrate birthdays, weddings, anniversaries and other special events. The Golden Steer Steakhouse is also known for our many famous and infamous customers such as: Tony "The Ant" Spilatro, Natalie Wood, Al Hirt, Nat "King" Cole, Joe DiMaggio, Elvis Presley and Mario Andretti just to name a few.

If you do plan on going to Lotus of Siam as others have mentioned go early (before they open by 20-30 min) and wait in line so you can be one of the first tables, if not expect to wait a very long time.  It's good food, but expensive for what you get, we spent $300+ for 4 people with some drinks.

Used to go to LV a lot, these are my go to spots if not trying something new.

Oyster Bar Palace Station - good food, counter seating only, long wait unless you get lucky
Bazaar Meat SLS - great food, pricey
Craftsteak MGM - their skirt steak is one of the best I've had
Monta Ramen - off the strip on Spring Mountain - better than Santouka and Shin Sen Gumi to me

The Thai food most people know are southern, like pad Thai, etc. more sweet.
Northern is more spicy.

Not sure if people who are used to what they know as Thai food would like lotus of Siam

eyephone said:
What do you mean by northern cuisine?

jumpinjacks said:
It's been awhile but excellent Thai (northern cuisine, not watered down Americanized) at Lotus of Siam off the strip.

For other recommendations, Eater is usually spot on for me:
http://vegas.eater.com/maps/best-las-vegas-restaurants-38
http://vegas.eater.com/maps/best-new-las-vegas-restaurants-heatmap

akkord said:
If you do plan on going to Lotus of Siam as others have mentioned go early (before they open by 20-30 min) and wait in line so you can be one of the first tables, if not expect to wait a very long time.  It's good food, but expensive for what you get, we spent $300+ for 4 people with some drinks.

Oyster Bar Palace Station - good food, counter seating only, long wait unless you get lucky
Monta Ramen - off the strip on Spring Mountain - better than Santouka and Shin Sen Gumi to me

$300?  What the hell did you order?  Must be a lot of wine.

It's certainly more expensive than your typical hole-in-the-wall Asian joint but still not that expensive.

WTTCHMN said:
akkord said:

$300?  What the hell did you order?  Must be a lot of wine.

It's certainly more expensive than your typical hole-in-the-wall Asian joint but still not that expensive.

You said it not me. An average of $75 per person.

Back