Upcoming Dinner A'Fare Trip

Ok, you all:

I was thinking we could push out our event by one week so as to include Momo and also have more time to get others to join.

How is <strong>Tuesdsay, May 5 at 6:00 pm</strong>? Would that work for everybody??

Here is <a href="http://www.dinnerafare.com/menu.cfm?locid=0&ofs=1">May's dinner menu.</a>

I'm really hoping to get at least 10 people so we can secure a private party. C'mon, you guys! Anyone is welcome to come.

I'm in. I actually may have a friend who might attend also, I'll check with her this week. So we bring a bottle of wine, yes? I will bring the Chardonnay, I'm sure someone else will bring a red.

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1239013885]Ok, you all:

I was thinking we could push out our event by one week so as to include Momo and also have more time to get others to join.

How is <strong>Tuesdsay, May 5 at 6:00 pm</strong>? Would that work for everybody??

Here is <a href="http://www.dinnerafare.com/menu.cfm?locid=0&ofs=1">May's dinner menu.</a>

I'm really hoping to get at least 10 people so we can secure a private party. C'mon, you guys! Anyone is welcome to come.</blockquote>
What's the cost structure of the outing?

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1239018726]

What's the cost structure of the outing?</blockquote>

Here are the <a href="http://www.dinnerafare.com/prices.cfm">Package Prices.</a>

The packages consist of 6 meals or 12. The portion sizes are 2-3 or 4-6.

Later on when we are ready to place our orders, I will have you visit the site and make your selection. I have noticed while placing the order, it tallies up a price per meal and I believe you can add more meals to your package. They also do sell pre-assembled sides and desserts there for approx $10-15 each. Hope this helps. If anyone has any questions, let me know and if I don't already know the answer, I will ask the owner and get back to you a.s.a.p.

Cost structure? What a guy way to ask something. It's all on the website, just click on the May menu provided by SoCal. It depends on the number of people you are serving (2-3 or 4-6) and the number of meals you want (6 or 12). In my opinion, the prices are extremely reasonable if the meals are as good as they sound. I am definitely going for the 12 meals for 2-3 people (kids are too young and one of them is too picky for the 4-6). I am looking forward to it, I hope to meet many of you at my first IHB event. Thanks SoCal for providing an outing that gives me a good excuse to escape the craziness that is my life, my husband is willing to take the hit for the good food.

[quote author="tmare" date=1239019449]Cost structure? What a guy way to ask something. It's all on the website, just click on the May menu provided by SoCal. It depends on the number of people you are serving (2-3 or 4-6) and the number of meals you want (6 or 12). In my opinion, the prices are extremely reasonable if the meals are as good as they sound. I am definitely going for the 12 meals for 2-3 people (kids are too young and one of them is too picky for the 4-6). I am looking forward to it, I hope to meet many of you at my first IHB event. Thanks SoCal for providing an outing that gives me a good excuse to escape the craziness that is my life, my husband is willing to take the hit for the good food.</blockquote>
I looked at the site for the prices, but it seemed a bit confusing so I wanted to get some more clarification. Be nice to the Dinner A'Fare newbie!

[quote author="tmare" date=1239022575]I'm sorry. You're just such a ...........guy. Not a bad thing, I have one at home.</blockquote>
haha No worries, I have thick skin. This sounds like a great event and they have some very tasty dishes which are fairly healthy so I'm definitely looking forward to it.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1239022281]I looked at the site for the prices, but it seemed a bit confusing so I wanted to get some more clarification. Be nice to the Dinner A'Fare newbie!</blockquote>

Let me know if there's any way I can help clarify.

You can choose any of the meals on the menu for your package and you may choose duplicates of the same thing if you would like.

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1239013885]Ok, you all:

I'm really hoping to get at least 10 people so we can secure a private party. C'mon, you guys! Anyone is welcome to come.</blockquote>

:-( Graph and I will be out of town by then.

[quote author="caycifish" date=1239058837]

:-( Graph and I will be out of town by then.</blockquote>

Oh, no! What day do you leave or when will you be back? I hope to pick a day that works for every body (if that's possible.)

It sounds like the tide may be turning on the tentative date but May 5th works for me. I'll looking forward to meeting more IHBers.

On portion size and price/serving.... I think the sizing is pretty generous especially if you prepare some easy simple sides at home to accompany the main dishes which are meat/chicken heavy generally speaking. For instance last month I used the 2-3 servings of Cuban Pinon portion size that actually ended up being 4 meal sized portions when served with some rice and canned black beans. Since rice and beans are inexpensive it helps make the meal cheaper and more well-rounded. For other meals I'd serve steamed frozen veggies as a side, etc.

[quote author="NoWowway" date=1238972925]There is drinking involved? I've got a few drink recipes I've been dying to try out on people before our summer parties! Can I just stop by with drinks and a chat?</blockquote>

I just contacted the owner to see about bringing drinks. He says we can bring wine or beer. So it sounds like mixed drinks he will not allow, unfortunately. That is all the info I have.

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1239061421][quote author="caycifish" date=1239058837]

:-( Graph and I will be out of town by then.</blockquote>

Oh, no! What day do you leave or when will you be back? I hope to pick a day that works for every body (if that's possible.)</blockquote>

We are gone April 30th-May 6th, and have another cooking class we committed to on May 8th. You don't need to change the date on account of us if it works for everyone else, though. There will be other events to attend.

Event update:

If at least 10 people order dinner packages, the tenth package is offered for free. The owner has offered me this promotion, but I am not going to take the free package, which is worth approx $200. I would rather split the savings with everybody in the group to equally distribute it. (It's only fair.) So if we have ten people, that's a savings of approx $20 each off of your package! Now we just need a few more people to get there. I will post this event soon on the official Adventure Club site once we get an idea if the date works for enough people. If you are interested in joining us, leave a comment.

If anyone is curious but you don't know for sure that you want to try it you might want to swing by when they are open. This is generally Saturday mornings starting at 10am or most evenings between 5 and 7ish. That will give you a lay of the land and I'm sure the owner can answer your questions. Also the spices smell so wonderful in there it will probably make you hungry. They also have some pre-prepped frozen side dishes and desserts that are ready to go. Although they are frozen so they'll take 24 hrs to thaw in the fridge. I bought the pre-assembled banana maple crepes last time and they were fabulous weekend home brunch food.

I just contacted the owner to see about bringing drinks. He says we can bring wine or beer. So it sounds like mixed drinks he will not allow, unfortunately. That is all the info I have.</blockquote>

I was planning on bringing Sangrias - they would be in pitchers and pre mixed. I'd bring the disposable cups, too. But nothing is "in the bottle" like a wine or beer would be. Let me know.....

I asked them to put us down for Tues, May 5 at 6 pm. I am awaiting a confirmation, then I will post it to the Adventure Club site.

Back