Upcoming Dinner A'Fare Trip

Ok - our time slot has been confirmed and <a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/club/events/">this event has been posted on Adventure Club.</a> It's time to head on over to add your name to the official list if you are ordering a meal package. If you are joining us but not ordering a package, do not put your name on that list. You may confirm in this thread instead. The list is just so I can keep track of how many packages we are ordering and who I need to follow up with to give instruction on how to place their order. If you are bringing a friend, encourage them to create an IHB account and place their name on that list. If you are bringing a spouse/S.O. and making one meal package together, you only need to sign up once. If you would like to join us and order a meal package, please have your name on the list by this Friday. Our orders must be placed on their website no later than April 21! So after you sign up, make sure you check your PM's for details! If you have any questions, please let me know.

I'm all signed up. Can't wait to learn how to make Blackened chicken tacos with chipolte ranch dressing, spicy peanut chicken noodle salad, and tuna steaks with tomato sesame coulis. Yum!

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1240017669]A couple of the folks that I work with may also be interested so I've sent them the link to the website and let them know when our outing was.</blockquote>

Are your friends going without you? ;-) Your name isn't on the list.

Yeah, tic-toc trojanman... a signup deadline looms today. :)

I can't really see the Dinner A'Fare peeps turning away business after today but it probably would help him out to get the orders in so they've got plenty of time to prep.

Since CF and I will be out of town for this event, and damn it sounds good, I will see if I can get GITOC to replace us. Since she hasn't signed up for it, that I know of, she would make a good replacement. I really wish I could be there, but I will be in Portland/Seattle enjoying some great food there.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1240057964]I just signed up. I'll try to get those folks that are interested at my work sign up early next week.</blockquote>

Ok, now go place your order on the Dinner A'Fare website. It must be in NO LATER THAN TUESDAY. The instructions are in the PM I sent you. [/crack-whip]

Graph - who do you want me to send the order instructions to - you or GITOC? When you place the order on their site, it only secures with that credit card but they don't process it until you pay in person, so not sure how you guys want to do that. If she is assembling for you, you might want to tell her what your tastes are. To me, their food tends to be pretty spicy so you should say what ingredients you would or would not like to be included. Remember, this order must be placed on their site no later than Tuesday. Thanks.

I'll be making my selections tomorrow. Btw, I got a coupon book for the Woodbury Center which included a $20 coupon for Dinner A'Fare. It just gets better and better!

[quote author="momopi" date=1240221024]My order is in. ;)</blockquote>

Cool! Make sure you're on <a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/club/#">this list</a> too.

<strong>TODAY IS THE LAST DAY </strong> to place your order with Dinner A'Fare.

There are 6 names on the Adventure Club list but I show only 4 have actually placed their orders. So, two people still need to do this. Now is your LAST chance. Contact me if you have any questions regarding how to place your order.

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1240355651]<strong>TODAY IS THE LAST DAY </strong> to place your order with Dinner A'Fare.

There are 6 names on the Adventure Club list but I show only 4 have actually placed their orders. So, two people still need to do this. Now is your LAST chance. Contact me if you have any questions regarding how to place your order.</blockquote>
So who are the folks are that coming to the event next week?

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1240921077][quote author="SoCal78" date=1240355651]<strong>TODAY IS THE LAST DAY </strong> to place your order with Dinner A'Fare.

There are 6 names on the Adventure Club list but I show only 4 have actually placed their orders. So, two people still need to do this. Now is your LAST chance. Contact me if you have any questions regarding how to place your order.</blockquote>
So who are the folks are that coming to the event next week?</blockquote>

The Dinner A'Fare site lets me keep track of how many people have ordered in our group but it doesn't identify who, just gives a number and it says 6 people.

I think those six are: tmare, NewToOC, kayochan, momo, meme, and youyou? I believe we are also expecting Nowoway & Mr. Nowoway and possibly GITOC to stop by for drinks and chat. No_vas & Mrs. No_vas might also consider stopping by for a glass, I think.

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1240921670][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1240921077][quote author="SoCal78" date=1240355651]<strong>TODAY IS THE LAST DAY </strong> to place your order with Dinner A'Fare.

The Dinner A'Fare site lets me keep track of how many people have ordered in our group but it doesn't identify who, just gives a number and it says 6 people.

I think those six are: tmare, NewToOC, kayochan, momo, meme, and youyou? I believe we are also expecting Nowoway & Mr. Nowoway and possibly GITOC to stop by for drinks and chat. No_vas & Mrs. No_vas might also consider stopping by for a glass, I think.</blockquote>
It'll be nice to meet some more of the regulars on the forum.

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1240921670][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1240921077][quote author="SoCal78" date=1240355651]<strong>TODAY IS THE LAST DAY </strong> to place your order with Dinner A'Fare.

I think those six are: tmare, NewToOC, kayochan, momo, meme, and youyou? I believe we are also expecting Nowoway & Mr. Nowoway and possibly GITOC to stop by for drinks and chat. No_vas & Mrs. No_vas might also consider stopping by for a glass, I think.</blockquote>
I asked GITOC to make pudding for me and bring it with her if she comes out.

Just a reminder that tomorrow is the Dinner A'Fare event. Bring along a box, hamper, or other big container to put your things in. If you have long hair, you will want to bring something to pull it back with. If you placed an order, they will have it printed out and waiting for you there but I'd print out your order confirmation and bring it along too just in case. See you tomorrow at 6 pm!

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1241487473]Just a reminder that tomorrow is the Dinner A'Fare event. Bring along a box, hamper, or other big container to put your things in. If you have long hair, you will want to bring something to pull it back with. If you placed an order, they will have it printed out and waiting for you there but I'd print out your order confirmation and bring it along too just in case. See you tomorrow at 6 pm!</blockquote>

Question:

* Will we get to prep the food or just observe?

* Can I bring a friend?

* Will we need separate containers for each dish, or just 1 big container (they provide boxes for each dish)?

[quote author="momopi" date=1241532847]

Question:

* Will we get to prep the food or just observe?

* Can I bring a friend?

* Will we need separate containers for each dish, or just 1 big container (they provide boxes for each dish)?</blockquote>

* You will be preparing your own meals.

* Sure, you can bring a friend.

* Your meal will be put into a ziplock freezer bag then all of that meal's components will be wrapped together in plastic wrap. So you'll have a bunch of bundles. You will need something to carry all of these in so you can get them back to your car.

I hope this helps. Let me know if there's anything else.

Back