United States vs. ?

Democrats want war with Russia.  I'm not sure the end game.  They are so mad that Clinton got caught cheating that they don't mind war with Russia.

Trump's options are limited as the witch hunt continues.  Tensions will escalate.  Should Trump try to calm tensions with Russia and be demonized for it?  Perhaps that's the only solution that prevents escalation to war between the superpowers.

spootieho said:
Democrats want war with Russia.  I'm not sure the end game.  They are so mad that Clinton got caught cheating that they don't mind war with Russia.

Trump's options are limited as the witch hunt continues.  Tensions will escalate.  Should Trump try to calm tensions with Russia and be demonized for it?  Perhaps that's the only solution that prevents escalation to war between the superpowers.

So crazy how our two party system goes after each other.  They lose the election and don't want to run the country.. rather spend their dollars to try to take the other party down.

"What we should do is focus on ISIS. We should not be focusing on Syria. You?re going to end up in World War Three over Syria ... You?re not fighting Syria any more, you?re fighting Syria, Russia and Iran, all right? Russia is a nuclear country, but a country where the nukes work as opposed to other countries that talk."

peppy said:
"What we should do is focus on ISIS. We should not be focusing on Syria. You?re going to end up in World War Three over Syria ... You?re not fighting Syria any more, you?re fighting Syria, Russia and Iran, all right? Russia is a nuclear country, but a country where the nukes work as opposed to other countries that talk."

It all comes down to Israel in the end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-3x0UXwv7s

Old band but occasionally they still play.

http://www.theupperroompresents.com/upcomingevents  No upfront admission but they do ask for a donation.

"U.S. Navy ship fires warning shots near Iranian vessel

A U.S. Navy ship fired warning shots when an Iranian vessel in the Gulf came within 150 yards (137 meters) on Tuesday in the first such incident since President Donald Trump took office in January, U.S. officials said.

In a statement, U.S. Naval Forces Central Command said the patrol craft, named Thunderbolt, fired the warning shots in front of the Iranian vessel after it ignored radio calls, flares and the ship's whistle."
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-iran-military-idUSKBN1AA1P3?il=0

I love how the shocking news of Korea having nukes they can put on a missile is treated like a shocking revelation just because Trump is President when Obama knew it 4 years ago it made NO NEWS.

Obama calls for N Korea calm amid nuke warning
Updated 11 Apr 2013, 7:04pm

US president Barack Obama has urged North Korea to end its "belligerent approach", as a military intelligence assessment suggests Pyongyang could place a nuclear warhead on a missile.

The dire warning from Washington about the North's nuclear capabilities, revealed by a US politician, comes as all eyes are on Pyongyang, which is widely expected to soon launch a missile and trigger a new cycle of tension.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-12/obama-calls-for-n-korea-calm-amid-nuclear-warning/4625110

That story is four years old!!!

This whole "Mini-Nuke" story is simply the "Iraq absolutely has WMD's" fable repurposed for today. Did Iraq have WMD's? Yes, but enough to threaten the US? No. Does Best Korea have nukes? Yes. Could they send them our way? They're getting better at killing fish in the Sea of Japan, but not much else.

If Best Korea wanted to raise havoc, all they'd have to do is air burst a nuke of any size high enough to fry our satellites. One week without Talk Irvine and things would start getting all "Shiny and Chrome" around here.

WITNESS ME!!

Soylent Green Is People

Soylent Green Is People said:
This whole "Mini-Nuke" story is simply the "Iraq absolutely has WMD's" fable repurposed for today. Did Iraq have WMD's? Yes, but enough to threaten the US? No. Does Best Korea have nukes? Yes. Could they send them our way? They're getting better at killing fish in the Sea of Japan, but not much else.

If Best Korea wanted to raise havoc, all they'd have to do is air burst a nuke of any size high enough to fry our satellites. One week without Talk Irvine and things would start getting all "Shiny and Chrome" around here.

WITNESS ME!!

Soylent Green Is People

What's the end game? What is the US trying to achieve?
Can't Kim just launch non-nuclear  weapons aimed at the troops on the border and kill millions near Seoul just because he wants to prove he is a bigger psychopath than our fearless (shaking) leader?

Loco_local said:

WITNESS ME!!

Soylent Green Is People

What's the end game? What is the US trying to achieve?
Can't Kim just launch non-nuclear  weapons aimed at the troops on the border and kill millions near Seoul just because he wants to prove he is a bigger psychopath than our fearless (shaking) leader?

I think it's the other way around. Kim is the one making threatening statements towards the US. 

WITNESS ME!!

Soylent Green Is People

You have to kind of look at this in a long term strategic perspective for the U.S.  If North Korea completes the Nuke program (which they are very close to), U.S. hands are going to be  tied up and hand cuffed against threats in South east Asia (China influence) as well as Europe against the Russian influence.  The reason why China needs NK is to keep buffer against U.S. influence near their border and keep U.S. power in check so that China can expand their own empire.  Also, Iran and other rogue countries would be tempted to pursue nukes instead of giving them up.  They are currently watching how US vs. NK play unfolds.  Just think about Iran and NK having nukes.  One of the reason why U.S. became so wealthy and a super power was that we were able to expand our influence globally since winning WWII with US dollar becoming a global currency crown (from UK Sterling). 

I think next step is to intercept their ICBM test missile and show that we are damn serious.  However, if we miss, we look like a fool so it's a gamble.  Let the fat boy squeak and get tough.  Softness against NK (for the past 20 years) ain't gonna work against this Switz educated genius.  Kim ain't crazy.  He is very calculative and doing a good job against a mammoth so U.S. should not give in.

Back