United States vs. ?

morekaos said:
morekaos said:
Liar Loan said:
eyephone said:
You forget to add linked to torture site. (According to the article below)
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...a-haspel-trump-cia-director-torture-site-link

Kings said:
Sexist- and misogynist-in-chief appoints first-ever female CIA director...wait, what?

Trump's pick for new CIA director is female career spymaster

WASHINGTON ?  President Donald Trump's choice to be the first female director of the CIA is a career spymaster who once ran an agency prison in Thailand where terror suspects were subjected to a harsh interrogation technique that the president has supported.

Trump tweeted Tuesday that he would nominate CIA Director Mike Pompeo to replace Rex Tillerson as secretary of state and that he has selected Gina Haspel to replace Pompeo. Haspel, the current deputy CIA director, also helped carry out an order that the agency destroy its waterboarding videos. That order prompted a lengthy Justice Department investigation that ended without charges.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/03/13/trumps-pick-for-new-cia-director-is-female-career-spymaster.html

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of this pick for that reason.  If she's willing to bend the law on human rights, what else is she capable of?

I like her. (surprise).  A little torture is OK with me.  Long ago I used to hang with a few operators in Seal team 6 out of Norfolk.  Long story but when they were doing Sears and Buds I got waterboarded with them.  Not the best experience but certainly not life threatening.  Dems are gonna have to take up a position against the first woman to be nominated to head the agency.  Should be an interesting fight.

More Winning!!!..

US Senate confirms Gina Haspel to be first woman CIA director

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-gina-haspel-cia-director-first-woman-senate-confirmation-vote-a8356911.html

glass ceiling shattered

eyephone said:
Are you still stuck on the election?

Nobody came to Al Gore's or John Kerry's defense for losing elections like you are doing with Hillary.  Why do you think that is?

Liar Loan said:
eyephone said:

Nobody came to Al Gore's or John Kerry's defense for losing elections like you are doing with Hillary.  Why do you think that is?

It?s obvious you don?t like me. I can care less. Keep on listening to Kanye or something.

eyephone said:

Btw: JFK?s grandson is enrolled at Harvard Law school.

Not at all, I found it funny that Hillary's campaign was all about shattering the glass ceiling, and it is ironic that Trump is the one doing it.  If you think Trump is a mess I think JFK was 10 times worse.  That family is cursed both in life and in politics.

morekaos said:
eyephone said:

Btw: JFK?s grandson is enrolled at Harvard Law school.

Not at all, I found it funny that Hillary's campaign was all about shattering the glass ceiling, and it is ironic that Trump is the one doing it.  If you think Trump is a mess I think JFK was 10 times worse.  That family is cursed both in life and in politics.

But jfk didn?t cheat.

eyephone said:
Liar Loan said:
eyephone said:

It?s obvious you don?t like me. I can care less. Keep on listening to Kanye or something.

Ok, you made a personal attack on Kaos, and now you are getting defensive.  But it's a serious question...

I've seen you and freedomcm and others riding in like knights in shining armor to protect Hillary's virtue.  Why is that? 

My theory is this is a form of choice-supportive bias, where those of you that voted for her don't want to admit how awful she really was, and instead go around trying to justify your decision by focusing your frustration on Trump supporters.

It's the same reason we have village wars on TI.  People buy in a certain neighborhood, and then try to rationalize the insane amount they paid by attacking all the other villages.  Nobody will ever admit they simply made a bad decision.

C'mon Eye. He is either and evil genius or bumbling idiot but he can't be both.  Even if I stipulate some Russian involvement do you really think it changed many votes or had any real effect on the outcome? 

eyephone said:
lnc said:
eyephone said:
But jfk didn?t cheat.

Not with Marilyn Monroe?  And whole bunch others?

He didn?t have Favebook staff and cambridge Analytica embedded/working in his campaign. https://www.google.com/amp/s/qz.com...t-a-trump-campaign-office-in-san-antonio/amp/

He didn?t coordinate with the wiki leaks staff regarding the emails. Trump knew the timing of the release of the data. Is that coincidence?

This further proves my point.  Trump wasn't supposed to win, but since he did win, it can't be because the majority of Americans disagrees with eyephone, it has to be because he cheated.

MAKE AMERICA LAST!

How to make sense of a 180-degree shift in policy that seemed so counter to U.S. interests in the region? A few months later, people who suspect the worst about Trump and his minions learned a possible motive that was almost too cynical to comprehend. Not long before Team Trump switched gears on Qatar, key officials from the emirate had met with Charles Kushner ? father of Trump?s son-in-law and senior adviser, Jared, who?s in charge of Trump?s Middle East portfolio ? to discuss a massive Qatar-funded bailout of 666 Fifth Ave., the debt-laden Manhattan skyscraper that was threatening to sink the Kushner family real estate empire. But the Qataris rejected the deal ? just weeks before the policy about-face. Whatever actually happened, the appearance was simply awful.

It also seems not to have been the full story. This weekend, the New York Times published a stunning report about a plan floated by a longtime emissary for the Saudis and the UAE in early August 2016, when Trump had just grabbed the GOP nomination but faced an uphill campaign against Hillary Clinton. Donald Trump Jr., aide Stephen Miller and Erik Prince, founder of the notorious mercenary outfit once know as Blackwater, listened intently as the emissary offered Team Trump millions of dollars in assistance, including a covert social-media campaign, to help Trump win that would be run by a former Israeli spy who specializes in psychological warfare, or psywar.
http://www.philly.com/philly/column...-kushner-saudis-uae-qatar-nader-20180520.html

Winning!!!..Merica vs NFL

New policy requires on-field players, personnel to stand for anthem

ATLANTA -- NFL owners have unanimously approved a new national anthem policy that requires players to stand if they are on the field during the performance but gives them the option to remain in the locker room if they prefer, it was announced Wednesday.

The new policy subjects teams to a fine if a player or any other team personnel do not show appropriate respect for the anthem. That includes any attempt to sit or kneel, as dozens of players have done during the past two seasons. Those teams will also have the option to fine any team personnel, including players, for the infraction.

"This season, all league and team personnel shall stand and show respect for the flag and the Anthem," NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement. "Personnel who choose not to stand for the Anthem may stay in the locker room until after the Anthem has been performed.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23582533/nfl-owners-approve-new-national-anthem-policy
https://youtu.be/ZmnOJSUkjrA

morekaos said:

ATLANTA -- NFL owners have unanimously approved a new national anthem policy that requires players to stand if they are on the field during the performance but gives them the option to remain in the locker room if they prefer, it was announced Wednesday.

The new policy subjects teams to a fine if a player or any other team personnel do not show appropriate respect for the anthem. That includes any attempt to sit or kneel, as dozens of players have done during the past two seasons. Those teams will also have the option to fine any team personnel, including players, for the infraction.

"This season, all league and team personnel shall stand and show respect for the flag and the Anthem," NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement. "Personnel who choose not to stand for the Anthem may stay in the locker room until after the Anthem has been performed.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/23582533/nfl-owners-approve-new-national-anthem-policy

This is a de facto admission that the ratings decline was due to anthem kneelers.  The NFL will never admit it, but the owners know it's true.

Aside from that, the people that support Kaepernick should realize this benefits them too.  Would they be so supportive of free speech in the NFL if it meant pro-life, or pro-gun, or pro-Trump messages could be shared before or during games?  Where do you draw the line?  This could eventually turn into a morass of hundreds of competing messages being promoted by players each week.  It's to everybody's benefit to put a stop to it.

This also puts to bed the argument that Kaepernick was exercising his "free speech rights".  The 1st Amendment does not guarantee free speech in the workplace.  If I wanted to wear a MAGA hat to work, my employer could tell me to cut it out.  If I wanted to display a fifteen foot cross in my cubicle, my employer could tell me to get rid of it.  If I wanted to use profanity constantly, they could tell me to clean up my language.  There are no 1st Amendment rights in the workplace.

Liar Loan said:
morekaos said:

This is a de facto admission that the ratings decline was due to anthem kneelers.  The NFL will never admit it, but the owners know it's true.

Aside from that, the people that support Kaepernick should realize this benefits them too.  Would they be so supportive of free speech in the NFL if it meant pro-life, or pro-gun, or pro-Trump messages could be shared before or during games?  Where do you draw the line?  This could eventually turn into a morass of hundreds of competing messages being promoted by players each week.  It's to everybody's benefit to put a stop to it.

This also puts to bed the argument that Kaepernick was exercising his "free speech rights".  The 1st Amendment does not guarantee free speech in the workplace.  If I wanted to wear a MAGA hat to work, my employer could tell me to cut it out.  If I wanted to display a fifteen foot cross in my cubicle, my employer could tell me to get rid of it.  If I wanted to use profanity constantly, they could tell me to clean up my language.  There are no 1st Amendment rights in the workplace.

that's right.  there is zero benefit to the league for allowing kneeling to go on (you won't see people tune in to watch the game because the pittsburgh kneelers are playing), but you will see people decide they don't want to watch and go do something else because of the kneeling. 

@LiarLoan:

I'm not sure you can correlate ratings decline to Kaepernick (he wasn't even on a team last year) but I do agree that the NFL has the some right to govern player behavior.

However, I'm not in HR, but I believe there are certain things that employers cannot control when it comes to restricted class issues. Can Kaepernick argue that the NFL is discriminating against him due to race?

irvinehomeowner said:
@LiarLoan:

I'm not sure you can correlate ratings decline to Kaepernick (he wasn't even on a team last year) but I do agree that the NFL has the some right to govern player behavior.

However, I'm not in HR, but I believe there are certain things that employers cannot control when it comes to restricted class issues. Can Kaepernick argue that the NFL is discriminating against him due to race?

I'm not correlating the ratings decline to Kaepernick specifically, but to the revulsion that many NFL fans had to the kneeling over the past two seasons.  If anything, the kneeling got worse after Kaepernick retired last season, and the ratings tanked even harder.  In 2016, they tried to blame it on the election saying people were too busy watching the debates.  In 2017, they had no such excuse.

The racism argument of course can be argued by anybody, but 70% of the players in the NFL are black, so there's no evidence he remains unsigned due to his race.  If anything, teams are falling over themselves to sign QB's and coaches of color to show there is no racism in the league.

There are the four main reasons Kaepernick remains unsigned:

1. He is a specific type of player that runs an option offense.  Unfortunately, the NFL is currently dominated by pass offenses, so Kaepernick only fits within the offensive schemes of about 3-4 teams, one of which he opted out of.

2. His playing ability, while still respectable, is in decline.  Nobody wants to change their system to a different style offense for a QB who may not have much of a long term future.

3. Could you imagine the locker room distraction this would create?  No coach wants their team focused on political causes, and Kaepernick's presence would put pressure on everybody to pick a side.  The focus of a good NFL team needs to be on football.

4. There aren't many owners willing to sustain the hit to their brand in exchange for the media circus it would bring.  The value of NFL teams is in the billions now, and signing a guy like Kaepernick could alienate the fanbase enough to shave hundreds of millions of dollars off of their net worths.

Back