TUSD at Orchard Hills

Irvinecommuter said:
talkirvine said:
misme said:
eyephone said:
Also, consider being a licensed blue collar worker. (I don?t know the term) Such as electrician, hvac, elevator repair..

I had someone repair my ac a couple months ago or longer. (Let?s say 3-6 months ago.)
They charged a grip for changing a fuse. That part cost like $20 -$40 on amazon.

Their billing rate was rediculous.

on a per hour basis, I think licensed trades like plumber/electrician/HVAC makes more than doctors.
Why bother killing yourself to go to medschool and end up with all that debt, all that liability?

In that sense, university professors might have the highest pay per hour...

Nah...professors do research outside of classes...the classes are just afterthought....some professors love it...others hate it.

That might be math, physics or chemistry professors. But I think business school professors are different. Yes, they also teach, do research and receive salaries from business schools, but they also run their own businesses and be on board of public listed companies. That's where they make big money...

misme said:
on a per hour basis, I think licensed trades like plumber/electrician/HVAC makes more than doctors.
Why bother killing yourself to go to medschool and end up with all that debt, all that liability?

Are you talking about the owner of one of those companies or the actual licensed worker?  The owner might be close to a general practitioner salary if they have multiple employees.  The employee probably makes $35-40 an hour which is still pretty good for just going to trade school.

irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
At the end of the day. Employers and graduate schools don?t really care what high school you went to.

Truth.

Depending on the job, the college may not even matter.

I used to think schools matter.  But after meeting so many of the people who live at Shady, Hidden, Trevi, Alta, Bella etc half of them didn?t go to great school.  Good schools don?t mean success in life.

shadyoc said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:
At the end of the day. Employers and graduate schools don?t really care what high school you went to.

Truth.

I used to think schools matter.  But after meeting so many of the people who live at Shady, Hidden, Trevi, Alta, Bella etc half of them didn?t go to great school.  Good schools don?t mean success in life.

Perception. What?s a degree if they can?t act the role? Try not to laugh. I know someone that talks and interacts like a robot.

shadyoc said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

Truth.

You are looking at it from the wrong angle. Living at Shady,Hidden, Trevi, Alta, Bella etc  don't mean success in life. Just mean they live in Irvine.

shadyoc said:
irvinehomeowner said:
eyephone said:

Truth.

True, you definitely don't need to go to a prestigious school to make a lot of money.

But success is not only defined by making money.  Depends on what you value. 

I know people who have Ivy degrees who chose a path in life that does not necessarily make a lot of money, but they are making worthy contributions to society and achieving success in their chosen field. (high level journalism, nonprofit work, public interest law, teaching/leading charter schools, academia, etc).

I also know proportionately more Ivy grads who are VC/private equity/investment banker types, partners in BigLaw, physicians, etc, who make a lot more money and live in much nicer houses.  Funny thing is, at our 20th reunion, I would say a significant percent of those people were feeling unfulfilled at midlife despite material success, and their big goal in life is to make enough money so they can stop working. Kind of sad.  But the golden handcuffs...

Mety said:
I like Public Message, not Private Message.  8)

Then I will not hook you up with the in-depth knowledge. (You can always click that link to the right and get that free college assessment or something)

I really haven't paid attention to that vunova ad to the right of us.  I wonder if they have connections to coaches at elite schools.  By the time my kids are ready to enter college, this bribery scandal would have long been forgotten.

Gotta start that bribery fund early...say a few thousand into amzn?  What's going to still be around in 10-15 years?

eyephone said:
Mety said:
I like Public Message, not Private Message.  8)

Then I will not hook you up with the in-depth knowledge. (You can always click that link to the right and get that free college assessment or something)

Why not share such good knowledge in public? Gotta spread the good news, no?
That Vunova link on the right does not work in case the sponsor is looking at this site.

Back to TUSD discussion, I've heard TUSD side of OH has bigger MR than IUSD. I could be wrong, but maybe something to check. Also I would rather focus on the home itself (lot, size, direction, etc.) than the school zoning. I think these TUSD and IUSD will be pretty similar in terms of EVERYTHING.

zubs said:
I really haven't paid attention to that vunova ad to the right of us.  I wonder if they have connections to coaches at elite schools.  By the time my kids are ready to enter college, this bribery scandal would have long been forgotten.

Gotta start that bribery fund early...say a few thousand into amzn?  What's going to still be around in 10-15 years?

If you got caught for bribery, does that mean you are not successful even though you live in Shady Canyon?

Back