Trying to buy in Irvine is NO Fun

IndieDev said:
Tulipmania, and it continues!

I imagine 99% of the forum member agree that there was a bubble and its deflating.  There is no tulipmania here.  The house in question isnt a solid comp for the neighborhood and you know that.  I am lost on what you want to prove.  That all TR houses should be $600K when this bottoms out?  I imagine so as its still a $/sq ft premium over the rest of Irvine as most houses are under 2000 sq ft.  But in the next 4-6 months, the bulk of TR houses wont be transacting at $600K.  They will be on that path but this house doesnt suddenly represent the standard at which all houses will be compared to.

rkp said:
IndieDev said:
Tulipmania, and it continues!

I imagine 99% of the forum member agree that there was a bubble and its deflating.  There is no tulipmania here.  The house in question isnt a solid comp for the neighborhood and you know that.  I am lost on what you want to prove.  That all TR houses should be $600K when this bottoms out?  I imagine so as its still a $/sq ft premium over the rest of Irvine as most houses are under 2000 sq ft.  But in the next 4-6 months, the bulk of TR houses wont be transacting at $600K.  They will be on that path but this house doesnt suddenly represent the standard at which all houses will be compared to.

Part of Tulipmania, and most speculative rises, involved a period of denial in decline. The psychology behind the denial involved exploring a variety of alternative truths until, finally, only one truth was eventually exposed; fundamentals = truth.

is the drinking/smoking at the stonegate community pool or just in general?  I see cigarette butts and empty beer cans left behind all the time in community areas and just don't understand why some smokers and drinkers leave butts and beer cans on the ground for other people to clean up instead of getting up and putting it in a trashcan that's maybe 10 feet away.  Just my pet peeve about inconsiderate people.  Is smoking/drinking allowed at Stonegate community pools?  Maybe the HOA should consider banning that.   

LookieLucy said:
Think we are going to sign our contract tomorrow for a brand new shiny Stonegate home. :) I know it's not like the prices have changed. It's still expensive and prices will probably drop and more incentives will probably be offered.

But...

1. Can't a mom go to the communtity pool without seeing people drinking and/or smoking out?
2. After reading the thread about suicides and murders in existing homes, I think a new home sounds quite nice!

-lookielucy

LookieLucy said:
:'(

Reasons:

1. Being outbid by an all cash buyer.
2. Interesting properties are sold before we can even view them.
3. Inventory seems so limited.
4. Everyone says wait but we have been waiting for years. And even when we try we are unsuccessful.

Frustrating and sad.

Living in Irvine seems like a dream. And looking for a house is a nightmare.

Sorry had to vent.  :'(

Actually wanting to move to Irvine to avoid this. Our community pool doesn't allow any of that but it still happens. Don't live at SG yet.

aealong said:
is the drinking/smoking at the stonegate community pool or just in general?  I see cigarette butts and empty beer cans left behind all the time in community areas and just don't understand why some smokers and drinkers leave butts and beer cans on the ground for other people to clean up instead of getting up and putting it in a trashcan that's maybe 10 feet away.  Just my pet peeve about inconsiderate people.  Is smoking/drinking allowed at Stonegate community pools?  Maybe the HOA should consider banning that.   

LookieLucy said:
Think we are going to sign our contract tomorrow for a brand new shiny Stonegate home. :) I know it's not like the prices have changed. It's still expensive and prices will probably drop and more incentives will probably be offered.

But...

1. Can't a mom go to the communtity pool without seeing people drinking and/or smoking out?
2. After reading the thread about suicides and murders in existing homes, I think a new home sounds quite nice!

-lookielucy

LookieLucy said:
:'(

Reasons:

1. Being outbid by an all cash buyer.
2. Interesting properties are sold before we can even view them.
3. Inventory seems so limited.
4. Everyone says wait but we have been waiting for years. And even when we try we are unsuccessful.

Frustrating and sad.

Living in Irvine seems like a dream. And looking for a house is a nightmare.

Sorry had to vent.  :'(

It's Irvine now... we are the next Monterey Park/ Rowland/ (fill in the blank)

I grew up in SGV, so I'm used to it. 

I was at Diamond Jamboree plaza, about to turn into a parking spot, when all of a sudden a guy yelled at me and jumped in front of me to "save" the spot for someone...    I'm a nice guy, so I let it go, but if I was having a bad day I would have run this little sh!t over.  At the same time screaming into his cell phone to tell let the person no "the scout" had obtained a parking spot...  nice...

Wife was at Dimsum @ sam woo yesterday.  As she was backing out, a guy who shopped at Ranch 99 put his groceries away and left the cart right behind my wife's car... AS she was backing out.  She opens the window and says "excuse me?"  He looks at her, gets into his car and drives off.  Wife has to repark, get out of the car, and move the cart while daughter is crying...  nice....

I go for some Tap express on Jeffrey Walnut.  Signal to wait for a spot.  The car is about to back out, but a lady driving zooms up to try to take the spot.  The car can no longer back out.  I positioned my car to get into the spot, so the crazy lady can not move forward.  Instead of backing out, she starts honking, rolls down the windows and yells at me.  I end up backing up, car backs out, she pulls in...  I end up parking at the gas station (top off the tank) while wife acquires the goods... nice....

It comes with the territory...  With all the bad is the good, with the good is the bad... I don't expect people to hold doors open for me anymore...  Personally, what's more annoying for me is all the G DAMN dog owners who refuse to pick up pet pooop.  My dog must navigate through a minefield to find a clean patch of grass.  Also, 2 nice old ladies in the neighboorhood are notorious for emptying out the doggy poo bag dispenser.  C'mon ladies... go order some bags on amazon and save some for others...

Your post sounds so RoundCornerish.  :D

If you're big and ugly like me... these things won't happen to you in the parking lot.

Oh no! We have a poo problem here too! Doesn't sound as bad since it's not a minefield of poo. But I see poo on the sidewalk once in a while. Yuck.

:(

akim997 said:

I was at Diamond Jamboree plaza, about to turn into a parking spot, when all of a sudden a guy yelled at me and jumped in front of me to "save" the spot for someone...    I'm a nice guy, so I let it go, but if I was having a bad day I would have run this little sh!t over.  At the same time screaming into his cell phone to tell let the person no "the scout" had obtained a parking spot...  nice...

Wife was at Dimsum @ sam woo yesterday.  As she was backing out, a guy who shopped at Ranch 99 put his groceries away and left the cart right behind my wife's car... AS she was backing out.  She opens the window and says "excuse me?"  He looks at her, gets into his car and drives off.  Wife has to repark, get out of the car, and move the cart while daughter is crying...  nice....

I go for some Tap express on Jeffrey Walnut.  Signal to wait for a spot.  The car is about to back out, but a lady driving zooms up to try to take the spot.  The car can no longer back out.  I positioned my car to get into the spot, so the crazy lady can not move forward.  Instead of backing out, she starts honking, rolls down the windows and yells at me.  I end up backing up, car backs out, she pulls in...  I end up parking at the gas station (top off the tank) while wife acquires the goods... nice....

It comes with the territory...  With all the bad is the good, with the good is the bad... I don't expect people to hold doors open for me anymore...  Personally, what's more annoying for me is all the G DAMN dog owners who refuse to pick up pet pooop.  My dog must navigate through a minefield to find a clean patch of grass.  Also, 2 nice old ladies in the neighboorhood are notorious for emptying out the doggy poo bag dispenser.  C'mon ladies... go order some bags on amazon and save some for others...

akim997 said:

Me thinks you shop at too many asian spots. Remember, in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, there is no "right of way"...First come, first serve especially in driving.

frank69m said:
Me thinks you shop at too many asian spots. Remember, in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, there is no "right of way"...First come, first serve especially in driving.

But we arent in China, HK, or Taiwan. 

akim997 said:

When someone aggressively steals my parking spot (pulls in when I was already waiting and had my signal on) and refuses to move, I just smile at them and tell them : "You should watch your car" and laugh as I drive away and find parking somewhere else.  It is funny to see how nervous they are and can't enjoy their time in the restaurant because they keep looking out the window at their car.  That is a pet peeve of mine.

irvinehomeowner said:
rkp said:
Might as well be.  :-X

Not to turn this into a race thread but my fear for Irvine is does it become like Fountain Valley/Garden Grove or does it become like San Marino.

I am Indian and I cant stand going to Cerritos and dealing with a part of our culture that shouldnt have migrated over.  The first come first serve and lack of respect for community with littering etc. 

irvinehomeowner said:
Nous said:
irvinehomeowner said:
rkp said:

Exactly what went through my mind when I read that statement.
It's a blessing AND a curse.
You know what Irvine could use???  Some more Polish people.  Since my dad is over there right now, I'll see if he can find a few Polish FCBers.  There's gotta be some since the Polish currency has appreciated over 50% over the US dollar in the past 5 years or so.  ;)

USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Nous said:
irvinehomeowner said:
rkp said:

You know what Irvine could use???  Some more Polish people.  Since my dad is over there right now, I'll see if he can find a few Polish FCBers.  There's gotta be some since the Polish currency has appreciated over 50% over the US dollar in the past 5 years or so.  ;)

I'd go with German, a little more business minded than the average European (to fit in) and they would help promote beer awareness month in October.

Nous said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Nous said:
irvinehomeowner said:
rkp said:

I'd go with German, a little more business minded than the average European (to fit in) and they would help promote beer awareness month in October.
Excellent idea...I also have family in Germany and my dad will be stopping by for a few weeks before he flies out of Berlin (he flies in and out of Berlin when going to Europe).  Maybe he can spread the word of Irvine to some Germans. 

Nous said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:
Nous said:
irvinehomeowner said:
rkp said:

Hmmm...  An Irvine Oktoberfest!  Yea!

irvinehomeowner said:
rkp said:

These types of rude behaviors are not indicative to these races and shouldn't be stereotyped.  I witness rude behaviors in all races.  Just today, while trying to walk across a clearly marked cross walk was almost ran over buy two white males.  I for-one avoid anyone who's rude. There are more important things to focus than a parking spot...

irvinehomeowner said:
Nous said:
irvinehomeowner said:
rkp said:

Yes. without foreigners Irvine home owners will be less happy about their houses' worth; but $ rules so you have to thank their money despite their rude behavior.

Back