Tremont - Fountain Valley

I visited these today. You can definitely hear the 405 from your front/back yards and the garage. The models are the farthest away, too...I wonder what the lots that abut the sound wall will be like. I have read and do understand what you guys have said about KB...but I just wanted to say that I thought the first model (Plan 2) was VERY nice. I honestly couldn't find much that I would do differently if I was going to buy one. That is except, of course, the Hannah Montana-obsessed kid's room with the purple shag carpeting =) I swear, that thing looked like it was straight out of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition! Plan 3 was larger but the type of flooring downstairs coupled with the huge space/gaps made it look cold and barren. I wasn't a big fan of Plan 1 either... But that might have had to do with the racks and shelves of design options cluttering the place.

The other good thing about Plan 2 was it gave the largest backyard of the three. It actually looked like a nice pool-sized lot. I believe the lots are about 7200 and up... but correct me if I'm wrong, I am just remembering what I read online somewhere.

I don't know. Plan 2 was a knockout. I don't think I'd buy there, but I'm sure they will do well similar to how the other Fountain Valley infill dev did. I love and grew up in Fountain Valley, so I might be a little biased.

We stopped by over the weekend...

Positives

1. The size of the lot and home.

2. In Fountain Valley

3. Plan 2 layout (Double Entry Stairs)

4. Tax, no Mello

Negatives

1. Built Cheaply - Exterior, Interior (stucco, baseboard, etc.)

2. Design, Elevation (reminds me of West Irvine).

3. Price (The price is OK because no Mello, but with all the add-ons, becomes expensive).

BTW - Plan 2 is sold out. I think this is through phase 5. BK is right about Fountain Valley,

New homes will be eaten up here! I thought we were in a recession?

I stopped over the weekend. I liked the lay outs much better then the Tustin homes (madison)

I would hate to live next to the 405 freeway. I can not believe they put a better lay out

in FV then in Tustin/Irvine area. Liked the lay outs other then that would not mpve there

but nice it has no mello or HOA.

there are a few house around the corner of this development selling for 500k. yes it is only 1500sq ft vs 3k sqft. but still.... you would be buying a 1 million dollar home in a working class neighborhood. Is that normal?

[quote author="jbatzmaru" date=1237421251]there are a few house around the corner of this development selling for 500k. yes it is only 1500sq ft vs 3k sqft. but still.... you would be buying a 1 million dollar home in a working class neighborhood. Is that normal?</blockquote>

Even in Irvine you have similar setups... in Northpark Square you can buy a $400,000 condo and be down the street from those $1m Rutherford homes. The pockets are just more clearly defined. In 1977, I doubt any city planner or developer bet on 3000 sqft homes being built on that school site in the future.

[quote author="jbatzmaru" date=1237421251]there are a few house around the corner of this development selling for 500k. yes it is only 1500sq ft vs 3k sqft. but still.... you would be buying a 1 million dollar home in a working class neighborhood. Is that normal?</blockquote>

And look what those same 1950s 3/2 were selling for in the late 90s. $240k.

http://www.redfin.com/search#lat=33.70991828495803&long;=-117.96694278717041&market=socal&status=1&v=4&zoomLevel=16

http://www.redfin.com/CA/Fountain-Valley/9289-La-Estrella-Ave-92708/home/3855110

[quote author="ABC123" date=1237433618]How big are the lots? Can you play soccer in your backyard without the ball landing on the freeway?</blockquote>

New homes in OC where you can play soccer? You got to be kidding me!!

[quote author="ABC123" date=1237433618]How big are the lots? Can you play soccer in your backyard without the ball landing on the freeway?</blockquote>

the backyard is tiny. i think the lot size is only 4.5k-5k. think irvine lot size.

i am considering picking up one of these properties,, the plan three, lot size is like 7500 sq ft,, which is fairly decent for a new home, this day in age,, not having to pay for hoa's,, is a plus,, i must say,, but after reading this thread,, i might reconsider..

[quote author="b1gredek" date=1237864190]i am considering picking up one of these properties,, the plan three, lot size is like 7500 sq ft,, which is fairly decent for a new home, this day in age,, not having to pay for hoa's,, is a plus,, i must say,, but after reading this thread,, i might reconsider..</blockquote>

Maybe you could try Mesa Verde Collection or Providence Park (both a few exits down the 405 in CM and less than 10 years old).

Maybe you could try Mesa Verde Collection or Providence Park (both a few exits down the 405 in CM and less than 10 years old).</blockquote>

i actually live in providence park right now,, i am over living in gated communities,, with parking,, and hoa fees... dont get me wrong,, i love the house now,, but i rather,, not have to deal with it,, and the fountain valley school district is better than costa mesa's,, also wanted a bigger house

There is a 2 page discussion of Tremont <a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/4356">just click here</a>. Welcome to the forums. If you ever want to know if something has been discussed, just enter the keywords in the "search" space in the top right. There are some definite strong opinions about this development in the thread.

[quote author="aeneid" date=1245397772]The pricing for these houses are insane. 1 million is a lot of freaking money!</blockquote>

I paid a lot more for a much smaller house than Tremont. Tremont has quite a bit of footage. The project is almost sold out. It was the fastest selling project in OC. The price tag did not stop wealthy Vietnamese families from buying them.

The families see the homes as a duplex. One is $600k and the other is $400k. 2 families living under one roof.

I guess I am not one of those weathy Vietnamese people. :) Bk, do you see instrinsic value of this project? I like Fountain Valley and it is a nice place. But 1 million dollars?

[quote author="aeneid" date=1245398752]I guess I am not one of those weathy Vietnamese people. :) Bk, do you see instrinsic value of this project? I like Fountain Valley and it is a nice place. But 1 million dollars?</blockquote>

FV for years has been dormant and the locals refer to this project as the wealthy enclaves. At FV Hospital there are many 1.5 geneartion Vietnamese doctors filial to their parents who still ride the bus and their children driving Honda rice burners buying these homes closer to their practice.

Back