Transparency? What are the Details of the Healthplan Reform?

Fascinating.

<object width="325" height="250"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/youtube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="325" height="250"></embed></object>

[quote author="No_Such_Reality" date=1249884972]Yes, fascinating. I takes over ten years for the Government to determine there are billing errors due to the complex rules.</blockquote>

How much fraud is perpetuated against private insurance companies? You can probably not say much about that since those investigations are not as public as when government programs are being defrauded. It would be interesting to see an apples-to-apples comparison but so far I haven't found any.

[quote author="green_cactus" date=1249899111][quote author="No_Such_Reality" date=1249884972]Yes, fascinating. I takes over ten years for the Government to determine there are billing errors due to the complex rules.</blockquote>

How much fraud is perpetuated against private insurance companies? You can probably not say much about that since those investigations are not as public as when government programs are being defrauded. It would be interesting to see an apples-to-apples comparison but so far I haven't found any.</blockquote>

That is normally actual criminal fraud. The corporate fraud is occasionally criminal and most often, merely, billing in excess of one of the myriad of government regulations. With so many companies getting fines for incorrect pricing, either they're all crooks, government pricing is byzantine, or both.

The implication of the weak smackdown is they're crooks. The reality is the pricing is byzantine. Some crooks that take advantage of that, but most are merely inadvertantly non-compliant.

Back