Trading Apple

Around $570 today... with all the rumors of the new iPhone being a redesign and "revolutionary" (again) and an iPad mini... this might be a good time to put your money into Cupertino instead of some low interest savings account.

With GOOG doing that Class A/C split... I wonder if it's a good time to buy some GOOG Class A too.

So if you bought AAPL when this thread started at around $400... you would be up over 50%... AAPL is trading currently at $660+ and once their fall products come out (iPhone5(6?)/iPad Mini), it will probably hit $700+.

Ridiculous.

Approaching $700... will probably top it shortly... can it hit $800 after they report how many million iPhones they sell next weekend?

irvinehomeowner said:
Down to $635 today... even went as low as $625... is it time to buy? Before they announce the iPad Mini?
I might sell some naked puts below $600 on AAPL since I'm willing to go long in the $500s.

AAPL now at $545.

Despite generating record profit, revenue and selling gazillions of iPhone 5s and iPad Minis... because analysts have set expectations so high, the stock is seen as losing value and the market is following. Investors (or prognosticators) are so fickle,

irvinehomeowner said:
AAPL now at $545.

Despite generating record profit, revenue and selling gazillions of iPhone 5s and iPad Minis... because analysts have set expectations so high, the stock is seen as losing value and the market is following. Investors (or prognosticators) are so fickle,
I think investors are booking profits before the higher cap gain tax rebates kick in next year.

irvinehomeowner said:
Whoosh... now down to $507... while GOOG is still around $700.

Android wins?

PE of 11.54?  Time to accumulate some AAPL. 
I'm also a big fan of Google.

If you are a technical trader, you get the hell away from AAPL, the 50/200 EMA is a disaster. The volume on put options seems to put 450 as the next battleground (475 has way less volume at the moment)

I'm out of the market until debt ceiling II: revenge of the default is over.

Similar to LAtoOC, I closed out all my 401k funds at today's close.  My largest 401k fund had AAPL as their largest holding.  I can no longer make any sense of this market and will take my 1% return while waiting for the spirits to guide me.

I admit I could not resist aapl this morning before the open, and bought in.  The P/E is just too compelling.  It's a company that makes hot products, but being treated like a utility.  At the current price it's a bargain even if their earnings flatlined until the end of time.  I think they have plenty of runway to ensure that does not happen in the foreseeable future.

Back