Thinking of moving

Nurse rescues drowning boy from Irvine community pool
Sept. 7, 2015 Updated 11:18 p.m.
By MEGAN NICOLAI / STAFF WRITER

A 4-year-old nearly drowned in a community pool in Irvine Monday on the 100 block of Peony, but was saved by an off-duty nurse, according to the Orange County Fire Authority.

Around 2 p.m. the nurse noticed a boy at the bottom of the pool was not moving, and she jumped in. When she pulled him out, he was blue.

The nurse gave the boy a few rescue breaths and he started vomiting up water, said Capt. Steve Concialdi of the OCFA.

The boy was taken to the CHOC Children's Hospital in Orange as he was still lethargic.

The incident was the 72nd drowning call in Orange County this year, and 27 of those incidents were fatal, Concialdi said.

Everyone please watch your kids carefully and be safe.

WTTCHMN said:
Nurse rescues drowning boy from Irvine community pool
Sept. 7, 2015 Updated 11:18 p.m.
By MEGAN NICOLAI / STAFF WRITER

A 4-year-old nearly drowned in a community pool in Irvine Monday on the 100 block of Peony, but was saved by an off-duty nurse, according to the Orange County Fire Authority.

Around 2 p.m. the nurse noticed a boy at the bottom of the pool was not moving, and she jumped in. When she pulled him out, he was blue.

The nurse gave the boy a few rescue breaths and he started vomiting up water, said Capt. Steve Concialdi of the OCFA.

The boy was taken to the CHOC Children's Hospital in Orange as he was still lethargic.

The incident was the 72nd drowning call in Orange County this year, and 27 of those incidents were fatal, Concialdi said.

traceimage said:
Thinking of moving, and since I'm indecisive, I want other people's opinions. Right now we're in Irvine, but we don't love the neighborhood or school we are zoned to, and we have no pool...and I've recently decided I MUST HAVE A POOL. (We could put one in, but it would have to be really small).

So we are considering Irvine, Aliso Viejo, and Laguna Niguel. Thoughts?

Have you narrowed down a location? I'm in Lake Forest and it's ok enough. A little far from anything asian (besides Thai) but a quick drive to Irvine, Costa Mesa a little further for ramen galore. Tons of properties out here with a pool can be had for $700kish, but older homes. Don't have kids, schools rated decently if you're north of Muirlands, Jeronimo preferred. I will say though in our gated community, not very diverse. We may be just one of a handful of non caucasian, but everyone is super friendly, practically original homeowners, wave when we pass by and such. Is your commute a factor?
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Lake-Forest/22726-Foxborough-Way-92630/home/4811576
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Lake-Forest/26602-Kari-Brk-92630/home/4813187

That Foxborough house looks pretty nice.  Perfect retirement home. 

Maybe I'll buy it for a weekend retreat.

jumpinjacks said:
traceimage said:
Thinking of moving, and since I'm indecisive, I want other people's opinions. Right now we're in Irvine, but we don't love the neighborhood or school we are zoned to, and we have no pool...and I've recently decided I MUST HAVE A POOL. (We could put one in, but it would have to be really small).

So we are considering Irvine, Aliso Viejo, and Laguna Niguel. Thoughts?

Have you narrowed down a location? I'm in Lake Forest and it's ok enough. A little far from anything asian (besides Thai) but a quick drive to Irvine, Costa Mesa a little further for ramen galore. Tons of properties out here with a pool can be had for $700kish, but older homes. Don't have kids, schools rated decently if you're north of Muirlands, Jeronimo preferred. I will say though in our gated community, not very diverse. We may be just one of a handful of non caucasian, but everyone is super friendly, practically original homeowners, wave when we pass by and such. Is your commute a factor?
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Lake-Forest/22726-Foxborough-Way-92630/home/4811576
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Lake-Forest/26602-Kari-Brk-92630/home/4813187

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not a big fan of Lake Forest...other than the new(ish) name. Much better than El Toro!

I would also suggest Lake Forest within the LFII HOA. Fees are low and the lot sizes are definitely large enough for a personal pool. El Toro HS is much improved and will only get better with Baker Ranch families, aka builders' fees. Most importantly you are closer to the Spectrum via Bake Parkway than most places in Irvine.

Back