Things You Wish You Could Tell People

[quote author="irvinesinglemom"] How much do you want to bet that those criminals live in "good, Christian households"? Yeah, my athiest lack of morality just shines through in comparison, eh?[/quote]

You know what always gets me this time of year? Those "good Christians" out there buying Xmas gifts for everyone...they're the ones who will practically run you over at South Coast Plaza. I swear, the crosswalks at South Coast Plaza are the meanest places in the world in December.

ISM... I'm so sorry to hear what happened... it's good to see you are modeling integrity and honesty to your son... I can't imagine that happening to my son, it would certainly be difficult to forgive, let alone turn around and bless the perpetrator, like we are taught to... I wish you and your son well this Holiday...

trace... my wife's a Veteran at the SCP... she know exactly where to park and which stores she need to strategically hit... and even she doesn't dare venture out during the Holidays... indeed, this time of year does bring out the madness in people...

[quote author="roundcorners"]trace... my wife's a Veteran at the SCP... she know exactly where to park and which stores she need to strategically hit... and even she doesn't dare venture out during the Holidays... indeed, this time of year does bring out the madness in people...[/quote]

I always park in the same place too. I won't go there on weekends at all anymore, just in the morning on weekdays, but it's getting crazy even at those off-times. I'm looking forward to January when everything gets back to normal!

If you are riding in my car, you have to listen to my choice of music. That means if Poison's "Fallen Angel" comes on the radio, yes, you're gonna listen to it. And you're gonna enjoy it.

Don't complain when you're riding in a 600+whp car. It IS a fast car and I even driving like an old grandpa can be dangerous.

To bill collectors, stop calling me and asking for Victoria! She does not live here. And when I tell you I am not Victoria, believe me!

To all of the people who have sent me PMs asking for my mailing address so they can send me a holiday card... Thank you. They were all pleasant surprises... big surprise, actually... that I appreciate very much. I love getting mail that isn't advertisements or bills. I heart you.

I would like to tell the lady at the surgery center that for some reason could not figure out how to process our flex spending account payment and after 3 attempts to pay the account we were sent to collections. Oh and on the third attempt you actually got it right so when we called and asked why we were sent to collections you said gee I don't know you show a zero balance.

You are a blazing idiot!!!! You should quit your job if you cannot do it correctly. Now I have to wait for this to show up on my credit report then dispute it. No you cannot just call up the credit reporting companies and say oops. No the collections agency cannot just remove it. I have to do the work. If I could I would take you and the surgery center to small claims court and sue you both for damages and my time that I will now have to spend to resolve your stupid MISTAKES. Seriously the flex spending account is a credit card!

trrenter, that might be a fun idea. Calculate the total out of pocket expenses, (letters, taking the morning off work, etc) and file a small claims action. It might be gratifying and send a message. <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

If you're gonna try to be sensitive to your Jewish friends and wish them a happy Hanukkah, make sure that Hanukkah is not over already. Otherwise, you just sound ignorant.

Thank you so much for the Christmas card with the multiple pictures of your children. They are adorable and I am glad to see that they are maturing well. But where are the pictures of you? You, my friend and friend's spouse / SO? A family consists of more than children; it consists of children and their parents. I'm friends with you, and I would like to see pictures containing you as well as the kids.

[quote author="evalseraphim"]Thank you so much for the Christmas card with the multiple pictures of your children. They are adorable and I am glad to see that they are maturing well. But where are the pictures of you? You, my friend and friend's spouse / SO? A family consists of more than children; it consists of children and their parents. I'm friends with you, and I would like to see pictures containing you as well as the kids.[/quote]

guilty as charged...

[quote author="roundcorners"]
[quote author="evalseraphim"]Thank you so much for the Christmas card with the multiple pictures of your children. They are adorable and I am glad to see that they are maturing well. But where are the pictures of you? You, my friend and friend's spouse / SO? A family consists of more than children; it consists of children and their parents. I'm friends with you, and I would like to see pictures containing you as well as the kids.[/quote]

guilty as charged...[/quote]

I wrote a post, and on second thoughts, didn't hit reply.

Trace, please let your friend know:) I did the same mistake with the first one. Either I looked fat (as I would discover in my later years, I was still very thin), or the hair was a mess (pleasures of motherhood, as I would notice later), or there was no time to put on some makeup (when I have lot of time now, I could have enjoyed looking at those pictures). It didn't matter then, but after a few years, when I sat down to look at the old pictures, there was no me. No record of how I looked, how I felt. Corrected that mistake with the second one- no matter how bad or how tired I look, I pose for a picture. Because now I have understood that it doesn't matter how I look,, my family and friends just want to see me.

I wish someone had told me that right when the first one was born:)

[quote author="Cubic Zirconia"]
[quote author="roundcorners"]

guilty as charged...[/quote]

I wrote a post, and on second thoughts, didn't hit reply.

Trace, please let your friend know:) I did the same mistake with the first one. Either I looked fat (as I would discover in my later years, I was still very thin), or the hair was a mess (pleasures of motherhood, as I would notice later), or there was no time to put on some makeup (when I have lot of time now, I could have enjoyed looking at those pictures). It didn't matter then, but after a few years, when I sat down to look at the old pictures, there was no me. No record of how I looked, how I felt. Corrected that mistake with the second one- no matter how bad or how tired I look, I pose for a picture. Because now I have understood that it doesn't matter how I look,, my family and friends just want to see me.

I wish someone had told me that right when the first one was born:)[/quote]

I would have said something about Hanukkah if it were my friend, but I saw it on Facebook as a comment to my friend's status (by someone I don't know), so it would probably be obnoxious if I made a comment.

CZ, thanks for the above about the pictures...very wise. I grimace at pictures of myself taken when my son was a newborn. In one of them, I'm holding the baby and looking so lost and confused...of course I'm wearing dirty clothes and my hair is a mess and there is a breast pump in the background...but the look on my face is so priceless. I look terrible, and I hated that picture at the time, but now I treasure it.

Even though my son is almost 2, I still often try to skip out on pictures because I always look like a disheveled mess. I guess it's good that my husband ignores my pleas and takes pictures of me anyway! <!-- s:) -->:)<!-- s:) -->

Back