Things You Wish You Could Tell People

sunshine

Dear The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, various Children's Hospitals, and other cancer and veterans non-profit organizations:

I was thrilled when, after I moved into my new home, I received some nice, timely new address labels in the mail from The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, along with a nickel. I sent a ONE-TIME $30 - $50 donation check in return.

Unfortunately, I did not realize that my information would be shared with every non-profit organization under the sun, and that every non-profit organization would follow suit and send me address labels, stickers, and Christmas gift tags.

Note that I have discarded, and will continue to discard, the various labels that are delivered to me daily -- except for the occasional nickel, which I will keep.

I'm quite picky about my charitable donations and usually research each organization to ensure that more than 90% of my donation will go toward the cause and not overhead and administrative expenses such as the costs associated with creating, printing and mailing address labels. Accordingly, I do not plan to contribute to an address label mailer again.

Regards,
Sunshine

Yeah, that little pang of guilt disappeared a long time ago for me. I can't see throwing out the labels and I'd pay a bit for them IF it didn't mean endless amounts of junk mail, phone calls and pleas for more money. I got a dime with the last batch.

[quote author="Trooper"]Being gay is not a choice.[/quote]

Exactly. When I reflect back on a childhood male friend (whom I sadly lost contact with after high school), I can say with 100% certainty that he was born gay. He was unique and I adored him.

Even if being gay was a choice, my views on the topic would remain unchanged. Who the hell am I to tell two people who they can and cannot marry?

If you have to ask if your butt looks big in that... it probably does.

Just because you say "I don't mean to be a jerk" before you say something doesn't obsolve you from being a jerk.

This is why people donate anonymously....actually when you think about it, you are buying something for that donation. You are buying peace of mind, righteousness, personal good feelings.

I often wondered why Mother Teresa went to Calcutta to tend to the poor. After reading her Wikipedia article, it was because she was trying to convert them to God. Sure what she did was beneficial to humanity, but there was a motive behind it. It was to ensure her place with God. She was not doing something for nothing. She was converting them so her God could get more followers and in His eyes carry His favor.

Sacrifice....Doing something for NOTHING. You guys are going to rip me apart for this post...but go ahead have at it.....bring the drama.

[quote author="zubs"]This is why people donate anonymously....actually when you think about it, you are buying something for that donation. You are buying peace of mind, righteousness, personal good feelings.

I often wondered why Mother Teresa went to Calcutta to tend to the poor. After reading her Wikipedia article, it was because she was trying to convert them to God. Sure what she did was beneficial to humanity, but there was a motive behind it. It was to ensure her place with God. She was not doing something for nothing. She was converting them so her God could get more followers and in His eyes carry His favor.

Sacrifice....Doing something for NOTHING. You guys are going to rip me apart for this post...but go ahead have at it.....bring the drama.[/quote]

One could argue that there are no acts that are completely altruistic. I personally don't believe that just because something is self serving, the goodness of the deed is negated.

Driving down Jamboree today on the way to work I wish I could have gotten out of my car at the light at Baranca and told the woman.

Your driving sucks because you are trying to put on your make up while you are doing 35MPH instead of the posted 60!! Not only that the make up doesn't help because you are fat and ugly.

[quote author="trrenter"]Driving down Jamboree today on the way to work I wish I could have gotten out of my car at the light at Baranca and told the woman.

Your driving sucks because you are trying to put on your make up while you are doing 35MPH instead of the posted 60!! Not only that the make up doesn't help because you are fat and ugly.[/quote]

If you are on Facebook, you should become a fan of "Yelling at the car in front of you." You should maybe even contribute that gem you just experienced. One of my favorites...

"That stupid intoxicated pilot can fly a jet more competently at 600 MPH than you can drive your car at freaking 40. Where did YOU take Driver's Ed???"

I want to tell my bosses to stop being such sackless, ignorant fools....

20 hrs to mod a drawing
40 hrs to create a drawing.

NOT 2 hrs to mod a drawing and 8 hrs to create a drawing. In the 25 years of working haven't you figured out the difference.... YOU FOOL!

1-2 days to get parts through MRB

NOT the, "I need ALL 58 parts" in the assembly out of MRB today so I can start my build... because i'm an idiot and i let these parts sit for a month AND i can't get my planning correct AND i have ZERO ****ing CLUE of what the real schedule, technical risk and budget look like.

wheww.... that was building up ....

-bix

I'm really glad I don' t know any of you, because if I did, I would more than likely watch what I say.....It's nice to be on the internets.

[quote author="zubs"]I'm really glad I don' t know any of you, because if I did, I would more than likely watch what I say.....It's nice to be on the internets.[/quote]

Don't worry... you grow immune to the verbal beat down... <!-- s:eek: -->:eek:<!-- s:eek: -->

Just kidding... as usual, its always good to ask if you don't know. We all make mistakes.... Be a know-it-all jerk and you'll be smited like the mightly HAMMER OF THOR!!!!11!ONE

Back