The tax increase California Republicans aren?t talking about

i thought the trump tax plan only benefited the rich? why must us rich folk with $10k+ property tax bills suffer? #impeach

If the SALT deduction was already previously disallowed under AMT for most of these people, why would capping the deduction at $10k have any affect on them?  At least now, they can deduct something.

I think it has more to do with the double whammy of rates increasing significantly from last year, and the cap on mortgage interest deductions being set at $750k.  Many of the buyers in the $1.5-$3 million range still take out jumbo mortgages so this hits them the hardest.  When you get above $3 million buyers tend to start paying all-cash, so it makes sense that rates/deductions are not slowing them down as much.

Simple answer is to lower state taxes if you want to provide relief for your citizens. Trying to game the charitable deduction or some such rot will not work. 

morekaos said:
Simple answer is to lower state taxes if you want to provide relief for your citizens. Trying to game the charitable deduction or some such rot will not work. 

won't happen unless gov. earl warren is back on the ballot again in nov

san-diego-illustrated-38-638.jpg

san-diego-illustrated-35-638.jpg

morekaos said:

If state tax was zero. Your still burned. Due to the high local/property tax.

I don't know, if you got rid of my State income tax all together I would save even more, regardless of my property tax (protected by prop 13).  That's 13% income tax I get to pocket?  Ill take that!!

morekaos said:
I don't know, if you got rid of my State income tax all together I would save even more, regardless of my property tax (protected by prop 13).  That's 13% income tax I get to pocket?  Ill take that!!

Look at Texas and Florida RE right now. Is it booming?

eyephone said:
morekaos said:

To be honest, I don't care.  My house (though valuable) is my home and whatever value it holds will be my kids problem some time down the road.  I think Cali real estate could use a good coming to God correction anyway, its way out of hand. No one can afford to live here any more. 

eyephone said:
morekaos said:

Florida has the hottest housing markets in the country, and parts of Texas are also doing insanely well (Dallas, Austin).

eyephone said:
morekaos said:

forbes seems to think so

1. Orlando, Fla.
Average home price: $247,550
3-year population growth: 7.6%
2-year job growth: 7.1%
1-year home price growth: 9%
3-year price growth forecast: 35%

3. Jacksonville, Fla.
Average home price: $247,809
3-year population growth: 5.9%
2-year job growth: 6.1%
1-year home price growth: 8%
3-year price growth forecast: 20%

9. Fort Worth-Arlington, Texas
Average home price: $235,398
3-year population growth: 5.6%
2-year job growth: 5.0%
1-year home price growth: 11%
3-year price growth forecast: 26%

12. San Antonio, Texas
Average home price: $232,025
3-year population growth: 6.5%
2-year job growth: 4.6%
1-year home price growth: 7%

https://www.forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2018/02/01/full-list-where-to-invest-in-housing-in-2018/#5113d06e627e

If you don't have CA income taxes for funding, it will have to come from somewhere else like property tax.

Doesn't Texas having no state income tax, but a 3% property tax?  That 3% keeps property from bubbling up.  Prop 13 artificially keeps housing expensive and keeps me from selling any of my CA real estate.  Imagine my property empire when I'm older.....  All paying low ass property taxes from 20-40 years ago.

Let's not delve into the world of fantasy.  This state will NEVER be rid of income tax, but it could go on a good diet and lower it along with sales taxes.  The knock off affect is like lowering the capital gains tax.  You end up collecting more revenue.

Kings said:
eyephone said:
morekaos said:

forbes seems to think so

1. Orlando, Fla.
Average home price: $247,550
3-year population growth: 7.6%
2-year job growth: 7.1%
1-year home price growth: 9%
3-year price growth forecast: 35%

3. Jacksonville, Fla.
Average home price: $247,809
3-year population growth: 5.9%
2-year job growth: 6.1%
1-year home price growth: 8%

9. Fort Worth-Arlington, Texas
Average home price: $235,398
3-year population growth: 5.6%
2-year job growth: 5.0%
1-year home price growth: 11%
3-year price growth forecast: 26%

12. San Antonio, Texas
Average home price: $232,025
3-year population growth: 6.5%
2-year job growth: 4.6%
1-year home price growth: 7%

https://www.forbes.com/sites/samanthasharf/2018/02/01/full-list-where-to-invest-in-housing-in-2018/#5113d06e627e

But I noticed a lot of price reductions.  ;)
Go on Zillow or Redfin and check it out.

Liar Loan said:
eyephone said:
morekaos said:

Florida has the hottest housing markets in the country, and parts of Texas are also doing insanely well (Dallas, Austin).

Are you sure?

eyephone said:
Liar Loan said:
eyephone said:
morekaos said:

Are you sure?

Feel free to post your own data saying otherwise.

Liar Loan said:
eyephone said:
Liar Loan said:
eyephone said:
morekaos said:

Are you sure?

Don?t you know how to look it up? I?m not going to lift a finger.

eyephone said:
Liar Loan said:
eyephone said:
Liar Loan said:
eyephone said:
morekaos said:

Are you sure?

Don?t you know how to look it up? I?m not going to lift a finger.

Of course I know how.  Kings already posted the data proving you wrong.

I?m looking at it real time. Look at Zillow. Look at the many price reductions.

Come on: Are you going to lie?
(I don?t got time to bs)

Back