The Summit at Baker Ranch

The value will always be discounted despite a superior view/lot size.

If $1.2m in Baker Ranch gets you a large home with a view and a big lot compared to a smaller home with a small lot and no view in Irvine, in X years, that house may be $2m but so will that smaller house in Irvine.

So it's relative.

irvinehomeowner said:
The value will always be discounted despite a superior view/lot size.

If $1.2m in Baker Ranch gets you a large home with a view and a big lot compared to a smaller home with a small lot and no view in Irvine, in X years, that house may be $2m but so will that smaller house in Irvine.

So it's relative.

But is it the same relative on the depreciation side?

At $1.2m, these are very tempting, call USCT asap. But they're priced at $1.4m. All in, including upgrades, landscaping, etc, you're looking at $1.6m. In lake forest.

Sorry, just can't get over those last few words. Yet.

No, I know from experience with relatives that the depreciation is much steeper and faster than Irvine.

It will bounce back eventually if the market does but also not as fast or as high as Irvine.

For $1.6m, if I work in Lake Forest, I would rather go up the hill to Foothill Ranch and get an older 3CWG home with a large lot and a view for less... but I like older homes and their separate living spaces.

Updated pricing sheet.  Most of the lots with views have sold. 

Attachments

• summit 1.JPG
    summit 1.JPG
    313.1 KB · Views: 394
  • summit 2.JPG
    summit 2.JPG
    325.7 KB · Views: 279
Gotta love any seller that calls the school district Saddleback Ranch....they really have no clue how bad the school situation will be for the Baker Ranch Families. Overcrowded Foothill Ranch, long drive to Serrano, and driving away from a superior school in Trabuco Hills where all of the friends from Foothill Ranch will attend.

Kangen.Irvine said:
Gotta love any seller that calls the school district Saddleback Ranch....they really have no clue how bad the school situation will be for the Baker Ranch Families. Overcrowded Foothill Ranch, long drive to Serrano, and driving away from a superior school in Trabuco Hills where all of the friends from Foothill Ranch will attend.

#thetruth

Back