The Summit at Baker Ranch

MYOB

Toll Brothers website has been updated with the information (floorplan, exterior, sitemap) for the new community. 
https://www.tollbrothers.com/CA/Summit_at_Baker_Ranch

64 homes, 5,800-11,800 sf lots, mostly private with no home directly behind (not all).

From the website:
Sales office opening Fall 2015! Anticipated pricing from $1.3 million
Summit at Baker Ranch is a luxury community of single-family homes offering the most spacious home designs, situated on the largest home sites at Baker Ranch, with 5 to 6 bedrooms, 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 baths and ranging from 3,684 sq. ft. to 4,255 sq. ft. 

Alpine:
256ra13.jpg

Del Rey:
dfilg6.jpg

Aspen:
rva4oh.jpg

Sitemap:
16gn2up.jpg

Way better value than Beacon Park. 1.3M there gets you motor court and mello Roos.

Lot sizes are crazy + views.

Checked out the plots the other day.  They are pretty deep but certainly not wide.  Lots are still a good size all things considered but I think I prefer a wider/shallower lot than a narrow/deeper lot since it gives a better street footprint. 

The views aren't anything spectacular.  Some homes look out to homes across the street, some look onto other homes, and the ones that look out to the hills are mostly looking out to the northeast Irvine hills that are dark so not much to see at night.

2nk6ivl.jpg

ngriu9.jpg

My guess is slowly.  Esp at that price. In lake forest.  Even in irvine, $1.3m+ homes don't fly off the shelves. Plus the highlands weren't fast selling either. But good news, only 64 homesites with good lot sizes.  For this size house though, the 5000-6000sf ones are not great.

aquabliss said:
They changed the Summit website to now say starting from "Mid $1,000,000s".  https://www.tollbrothers.com/CA/Summit_at_Baker_Ranch

They really think they're going to get $1.5M starting for these?  Pretty lofty expectations. 

No mello-roos but I have to pay $17k per year in property tax at these prices.

But the website still lists $1.3 million price tags next to each floorplan. Pretty detailed pricing down to the dollar.

bones said:
aquabliss said:
They changed the Summit website to now say starting from "Mid $1,000,000s".  https://www.tollbrothers.com/CA/Summit_at_Baker_Ranch

They really think they're going to get $1.5M starting for these?  Pretty lofty expectations. 

No mello-roos but I have to pay $17k per year in property tax at these prices.

But the website still lists $1.3 million price tags next to each floorplan. Pretty detailed pricing down to the dollar.

Good find, I didn't even notice that until you mentioned it.  I'm surprised they don't call anything under $1.5M as "Low 1 Millions"

Looking at the site plan for this on the Toll Brothers website, looks like they've released 16 homes.  8 have deposits on them.  If true, that's pretty good.  High five BR!

bones said:
Looking at the site plan for this on the Toll Brothers website, looks like they've released 16 homes.  8 have deposits on them.  If true, that's pretty good.  High five BR!

And without the models being built!

tentfox said:
bones said:

And without the models being built!

Oh yea. Forgot to mention that point. The models won't be finished until 2016.

Decided to drive by and check out the lots.  I think some of the lots have a spectacular view of both the City and the Ocean.  These are also 3 car Tandem garage.  Toll Brothers build very attractive and high quality homes both inside and out.  Only if these homes were in Irvine~ 

Goriot said:
Decided to drive by and check out the lots.  I think some of the lots have a spectacular view of both the City and the Ocean.  These are also 3 car Tandem garage.  Toll Brothers build very attractive and high quality homes both inside and out.  Only if these homes were in Irvine~

Agree.

However if it were Irvine it would be $2m and $20k/yr in MR

eclipxe said:
Goriot said:

Agree.

However if it were Irvine it would be $2m and $20k/yr in MR

Yup.  Indeed like Hidden Hills by Toll Brothers.  But, these homes have better views then the $3mm+ homes there.

TB Summit homes (4,000 sqft+) with city/ocean view seems like a good value compared to homes like Capella, Strada, Juniper and other larger BP homes, Arcadia, and Palo Alto (if you were to include MR into calculation).  I wonder if these homes would have descent appreciation in the long-run.  Crappy smaller homes with Irvine address or these larger homes with City/Ocean view.  I guess location location location at end of the day though hmm.   

Back