The Meadows, Lake Forest by Toll Brothers

ah sorry things got busy with work and missed this.

we're actually in phase 2. we skipped on the second half phase 1 pickings as we didnt like the lot.

yeah cash buyer and basically it works easier if you've worked with the TB sales reps before.

sleepy5136 said:
capboba said:
So our Evergreen lot foundations are in and seems like they're on track for a late Summer delivery.

All Evergreen homes are now being sold for 2 mil+

Guess market can still support it. It sounds like all Meadows homes went up 10k+ in current phase. (In lieu of the +5k from previous phases)
Not sure if you mentioned before, but how did you get phase 1 lot? Are you a TB homeowner or cash?

capboba said:
ah sorry things got busy with work and missed this.

we're actually in phase 2. we skipped on the second half phase 1 pickings as we didnt like the lot.

yeah cash buyer and basically it works easier if you've worked with the TB sales reps before.

sleepy5136 said:
capboba said:
So our Evergreen lot foundations are in and seems like they're on track for a late Summer delivery.

All Evergreen homes are now being sold for 2 mil+

Guess market can still support it. It sounds like all Meadows homes went up 10k+ in current phase. (In lieu of the +5k from previous phases)
Not sure if you mentioned before, but how did you get phase 1 lot? Are you a TB homeowner or cash?
Got it. Congrats on the lot!

Due to demand, TB will be transitioning to a model of auctioning/bidding for the remaining lots.

This is great news for those who are already locked in.  Not so great for prospective buyers though.

anteaterMD said:
Due to demand, TB will be transitioning to a model of auctioning/bidding for the remaining lots.

This is great news for those who are already locked in.  Not so great for prospective buyers though.

Is it for this phase only, or for all future phases?

talkirvine said:
anteaterMD said:

For current and future phases (until further notice).

anteaterMD said:
talkirvine said:
anteaterMD said:

For current and future phases (until further notice).

For all of these tracts?  If so, it's similar to what Taylor Morrison is doing at Palermo.

If you work remote, in the Spectrum or even south county... Lake Forest is a great alternative to Irvine... but there is that concern about the schools.

That's why you get a relative who lives in Irvine to submit their utility bills for you. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
If you work remote, in the Spectrum or even south county... Lake Forest is a great alternative to Irvine... but there is that concern about the schools.

That's why you get a relative who lives in Irvine to submit their utility bills for you. :)
IUSD makes it harder to provide proof of residency.  I have to submit 2 utility bills annually for my kids.  They both have to be under the parents? names.  Back in the days, my parents only needed to do once before HS.

irvinehomeowner said:

My son is graduating this summer and I work near the Spectrum, so I wouldn't have mind buying Soria or The Meadows. Don't care about school anymore. We were serious about buying Soria 3, but after my wife saw Bluffs, she just fell in love with both Bluffs and PS, so there was no chance we were buying in LF.  ;D We were offered a buying opportunity for Soria 3 and turned it down.

We spoke to Redwoods sales counselor in February and she said she was trying to get us in on the last phase before switching to a bidding style and ?penciled? us in for lot 37. It seemed as if there would one more phase by waiting list and she told us to be on the lookout for their call. Guess that?s changed, obviously out of her control. It?s ok since it was a backup choice for us but I feel for anyone that almost made it!

TB is getting out of control. Unless one is significantly underbuying, why would one bid on a home when it takes one year for them to build while interest rates are going up? You might as well stick with resale in that case.

sleepy5136 said:
TB is getting out of control. Unless one is significantly underbuying, why would one bid on a home when it takes one year for them to build while interest rates are going up? You might as well stick with resale in that case.

Cash buyers don't care about interest rates.

sleepy5136 said:

Because buyers know that Toll Brothers builds good homes and are highly desirable.  I wonder how the building will go.  I know that they have thousands of people on the waitlist.

sleepy5136 said:

I?m not in the market to buy and I feel bad for anyone first time homebuyers. Even moving up means probably getting a higher rate loan than what you had as well as higher property taxes. Not to mention the taxes on any profits over $500k, if married. 

All of these signs point to what seems like a horrible time to buy. We rented when we first moved to Irvine because I thought house prices would go down. I ended up betting correctly and lucked out and bought in 2012.

As R2D and others have said, something is going to make the shit hit the fan - wouldn?t want to be a recent/current buyer when it does.

USCTrojanCPA said:
sleepy5136 said:

Because buyers know that Toll Brothers builds good homes and are highly desirable.  I wonder how the building will go.  I know that they have thousands of people on the waitlist.

Yeah, they had more than 2000 applicants right off the bat. That's why your father just gave up on it, right? He's probably happier buying Sierra.  ;D PS is definitely a nicer area.

CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:

Oh they'll care if WW3 happens and the home they bought goes down in value. Don't even talk about rates, there's a lot of uncertainty right now with Russia going berserk.

sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:

Oh they'll care if WW3 happens and the home they bought goes down in value. Don't even talk about rates, there's a lot of uncertainty right now with Russia going berserk.

And that's different from resale how?

CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:

For cash buyer it depends. Who knows what RE will be 1 year from now? I?m talking specifically about 75% of buyers who aren?t cash buyers.

sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:

For cash buyer it depends. Who knows what RE will be 1 year from now? I?m talking specifically about 75% of buyers who aren?t cash buyers.

If you are concerned about WWIII if you should list your home and go rent while waiting for prices for drop and then buy back in.

Back