The Irvine Company becomes a builder again...

I2I:

Sonoma Plan 1-IHO
23i6tk1.jpg

http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php?topic=648.msg7624#msg7624

That's just a small mod, using the exact same lot, I'm sure BK could have done something much better and still retained the whole Great Room/Cali Room concepts.

There are probably several other floorplans in Irvine with the same lot size that are open enough for most while still giving you additional living areas. Which CalPac models have you looked at?

That looks nice but you added square footage to get the 4th bedroom.  If you were to squeeze in the 4th bedroom without adding square footage, then the feeling of openess will change.

BTW, I totally agree on the location of fireplace.  I don't like 2010 collections placement of fireplace.

Irvine2Irvine said:
That looks nice but you added square footage to get the 4th bedroom.  If you were to squeeze in the 4th bedroom without adding square footage, then the feeling of openess will change.

BTW, I totally agree on the location of fireplace.  I don't like 2010 collections placement of fireplace.

Don't get me started with the fireplace!!  :-(

Irvine2Irvine said:
Like I said... that was just a quick rough-up. It's easy enough to shrink the bathroom and 4th bedroom to fit into the CaliRoom footprint (the shower is a bit big for a guest... inefficient use of space). You can even encroach on part of the Great Room near the upper right corner because of how huge it is.

Though you may not want to admit it, this demonstrates you can still execute a 4/3 in the same footprint as Sonoma Plan 1. In fact Sonoma Plan 2 is pretty much a real example of that execution as the square footage between the two is just over 100sft. Montecito accomplishes the same task in less square footage.

I find that you can fit quite a bit of living areas into 2500sft of house, my last house had 5 bedrooms, formal dining/living, a nook, a family room, vaulted ceilings and a downstairs bedroom... so when I see that TIC requires 3000sft to deliver something similar... I can't help but think of how inefficient that is.

Sonoma 2 has the conservatory room at the model, so it's about 250 sq ft more.  To achieve the similar openness, they had to add 250 sq ft.  There's no way Sonoma 2 feels as open as Sonoma 1 without the added sq footage.
Also, at least to me, Sonoma plan 1 feels much more open than Montecito plan 2 or 3, which have about the same square footage.

I do agree that Sonoma 1 is probably the most inefficient model, and that is probably why it feels so open.  It is not for everyone, including myself, but it will be a good floorplan for someone who doesn't need 4th bedroom and the high efficiency.

Irvine2Irvine said:
Sonoma 2 has the conservatory room at the model, so it's about 250 sq ft more.  To achieve the similar openness, they had to add 250 sq ft.  There's no way Sonoma 2 feels as open as Sonoma 1 without the added sq footage.
Also, at least to me, Sonoma plan 1 feels much more open than Montecito plan 2 or 3, which have about the same square footage.

I do agree that Sonoma 1 is probably the most inefficient model, and that is probably why it feels so open.  It is not for everyone, including myself, but it will be a good floorplan for someone who doesn't need 4th bedroom and the high efficiency.

you can fit a dozen majong tables for the old folks in Sonoma plan 1

ps99472 said:
Irvine2Irvine said:

you can fit a dozen majong tables for the old folks in Sonoma plan 1

And a half dozen more in that gigantic master bedroom

Back