TayMo bids war

sleepy5136 said:
I don?t know the turnaround time for cabinets. But if it?s anything like the fridges, it will depend how long the builder takes to close.

Also, that?s besides the point. You pay 1.5m+ on a home and you don?t get to customize it fully is unfortunate.

I don't disagree that it's unfortunate not getting to fully customize your home. In our case, even though we were able to upgrade the cabinets, the options were still limited due to supply constraints. My wife wanted gloss, but they didn't have them. Fortunately, other than that and the lack of glass stair rails, we got to upgrade everything we wanted, which is why our upgrade cost came out to $135k. On the other hand, not being able to fully upgrade probably will save you money by going with outside vendors after COE.

Danimal said:
Location, location, location.  When you pay $1.5m+ and you have to settle for a city that?s not first on your list is unfortunate.  Everything else like cabinets, flooring? you dont like them, rip them out and replace with new ones.

Agreed. That's why when we were offered Bluffs 2 without being able to do stage 2 upgrade, we took it anyway. But what really helped us made the decision to take the offered was they already put in two very important upgrades (stacked cabinets and recess lights in all bedrooms) that we were planning to do. But it turned out they delayed the stage 2 cutoff date, which allowed us to fully upgrade stage 2 at the end. So we were able to do the waterfall island and changed tub to shower in our son's bathroom. Those are also very important things on my wife's wish list.

Hi,
What was their base pricing for the latest release? And how many more phases are left? Are they good values?

Danimal said:
Location, location, location.  When you pay $1.5m+ and you have to settle for a city that?s not first on your list is unfortunate.  Everything else like cabinets, flooring? you dont like them, rip them out and replace with new ones.
You're not wrong. But at the same time, not everyone can buy a 1.5m+ home and then rip things out. Especially when it could be avoided by simply letting the buyers choose their upgrades from the beginning...

For new homes there are things you need to do and they add up quite quickly. Flooring (unless you want to pay premium with builder), light fixtures, window treatments, water softener (if you didn't do with builder), and landscaping.

Back