TayMo bids war

Davidlee199 said:
Realtors kept saying prices are going up but they are NOT buying at this moment LOL?.

I'm looking to buy, I've made offers on 3 homes and got outbid. And yes, prices will continue to go up until we get way more inventory.

Saw a price drop on these via Redfin - anyone know what's going on?

I assume being on Redfin, these are available for purchase immediately?

What's causing these to not have the same level of demand as Shea Cetara or IP Ravello, both also in OH Groves?

wonderboy said:
Saw a price drop on these via Redfin - anyone know what's going on?

I assume being on Redfin, these are available for purchase immediately?

What's causing these to not have the same level of demand as Shea Cetara or IP Ravello, both also in OH Groves?

I wouldn?t say Ravello has a huge demand, they aren?t exactly flying off the shelf. Cetara on the other hand, different story

Prices of Palermo are getting little ridiculous.  $2.23 million for Plan 1 and $2.5 million for Plan 3 for a bare bone option with no premium lot?? With options and landscaping hitting mid to high $2 million? Bidding war pushing the prices this high?

Goriot said:
Prices of Palermo are getting little ridiculous.  $2.23 million for Plan 1 and $2.5 million for Plan 3 for a bare bone option with no premium lot?? With options and landscaping hitting mid to high $2 million? Bidding war pushing the prices this high?

One of my buyers was considering bidding on the most recent phase release but a lot of the options were pre-selected so they passed.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Goriot said:

One of my buyers was considering bidding on the most recent phase release but a lot of the options were pre-selected so they passed.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Goriot said:

Ah I c. No wonder price jumped so much. Still expensive!  Good info.  Thanks! 

My OH 4 retirement home hopes are gone bye bye now with these price increases. Lol Probably need $4mm+ for a home there with a view and pool.
Never selling my existing home with rate locked at 2.5%.

sleepy5136 said:
are builders now pre-selecting options on homes due to the supply chain issues?

That's part of it. Due to supply chain issues, builders would try to use most popular options as pre-selected upgrades. This way, they could just order the same material/brand. And even if they did give a chance to go to design center for upgrades, the options are also limited anyway.

The other part, at least for IP's Bluffs/Highland, is that they build the homes quickly but release them slowly, so by the time the homes are released, they are already past certain upgrade stage cutoff date. For instance, when I bought my Bluffs 2, it was past stage 2 upgrade cutoff, so they added some pre-selected stage 2 options. Someone in front of me reserved it, but backed out, so we took it. But it turned out that they moved the stage 2 cutoff date to a couple weeks later, so we ended up getting to choose more stage 2 upgrades anyway.

Anyway, the homes (phase 26) released after our phase really passed stage 2 upgrade, and phase 27A also passed stage 3 upgrades, so IP added about $40k worth of stage 2 and stage 3 pre-selected options. Stage 4 cutoff is on the 19th, so I expect phase 27B will also miss stage 4 and so will phase 28. Sales lady told me that phases 25-28 began construction at the same time, so they may be a reset from phase 29. Mine was phase 25, so I lucked out with the upgrades. Well, I don't know if I would call it lucked out since we ended up spending $135k on the upgrades.  :p

Tay Mo (most likely every builder) is purposely having small releases because they can (so much demand) and they are raising prices above inflation which flows to their bottom line with better margins. They COULD release more, but why when times are hot?

"With demand continuing to significantly outpace supply, we maintained our disciplined sales strategy by managing sales in the vast majority of our communities to align our sales and production cadence and maximize community performance".
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/taylor-morrison-reports-fourth-quarter-111500634.html

Ready2Downsize said:
Tay Mo (most likely every builder) is purposely having small releases because they can (so much demand) and they are raising prices above inflation which flows to their bottom line with better margins. They COULD release more, but why when times are hot?

"With demand continuing to significantly outpace supply, we maintained our disciplined sales strategy by managing sales in the vast majority of our communities to align our sales and production cadence and maximize community performance".
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/taylor-morrison-reports-fourth-quarter-111500634.html

Yeah, Bluffs and Highland release 4-6 homes every month or so. In fact, the last release from Bluffs was a semi release even, with 2 homes for release A and 2 homes for release B.

Ready2Downsize said:

All builders during these past two years have purposely controlled supply to raise prices as much as possible. Even the place I bought they did the same. They split each phase into two releases and raised prices. Can?t blame them. Just feel bad for FTHB these past two years.

I feel like I completely lucked out as there were available homes when I got mine. Now it?s artificially up 20%+ since I bought. Crazy times.

CalBears96 said:
Ready2Downsize said:

Yeah, Bluffs and Highland release 4-6 homes every month or so. In fact, the last release from Bluffs was a semi release even, with 2 homes for release A and 2 homes for release B.

Toll started doing that at Evergreen after the first 2 phases, now it's an "A" and "B" phase release with half as many homes.

CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:

That's part of it. Due to supply chain issues, builders would try to use most popular options as pre-selected upgrades. This way, they could just order the same material/brand. And even if they did give a chance to go to design center for upgrades, the options are also limited anyway.

The other part, at least for IP's Bluffs/Highland, is that they build the homes quickly but release them slowly, so by the time the homes are released, they are already past certain upgrade stage cutoff date. For instance, when I bought my Bluffs 2, it was past stage 2 upgrade cutoff, so they added some pre-selected stage 2 options. Someone in front of me reserved it, but backed out, so we took it. But it turned out that they moved the stage 2 cutoff date to a couple weeks later, so we ended up getting to choose more stage 2 upgrades anyway.

Anyway, the homes (phase 26) released after our phase really passed stage 2 upgrade, and phase 27A also passed stage 3 upgrades, so IP added about $40k worth of stage 2 and stage 3 pre-selected options. Stage 4 cutoff is on the 19th, so I expect phase 27B will also miss stage 4 and so will phase 28. Sales lady told me that phases 25-28 began construction at the same time, so they may be a reset from phase 29. Mine was phase 25, so I lucked out with the upgrades. Well, I don't know if I would call it lucked out since we ended up spending $135k on the upgrades.  :p
If you're paying 1.5m+ for a home, you definitely should be able to upgrade from the beginning to the end. The homes are already cookie cutter homes on the outside. If you have pre-selected options, you're now making it a cookie cutter home inside and out. But in this market, getting a home is already a huge accomplishment... Quite disappointing but it is what it is...

it is wasteful, but you can still remodel right away if you got the $?.at least yard is customizable
sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:

If you're paying 1.5m+ for a home, you definitely should be able to upgrade from the beginning to the end. The homes are already cookie cutter homes on the outside. If you have pre-selected options, you're now making it a cookie cutter home inside and out. But in this market, getting a home is already a huge accomplishment... Quite disappointing but it is what it is...

The California Court Company said:
it is wasteful, but you can still remodel right away if you got the $?.at least yard is customizable
sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:

Depends what they pre-select. If it?s kitchen cabinets (lots of builders are pre-selecting these right now) then it will not only be a cost issue, but also something that impacts your ability to cook.

sleepy5136 said:
sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:

Depends what they pre-select. If it?s kitchen cabinets (lots of builders are pre-selecting these right now) then it will not only be a cost issue, but also something that impacts your ability to cook.

What do you mean something that impacts your ability to cook? You do the upgrades right after COE before moving in.

CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:
sleepy5136 said:
CalBears96 said:
sleepy5136 said:

What do you mean something that impacts your ability to cook? You do the upgrades right after COE before moving in.
I don?t know the turnaround time for cabinets. But if it?s anything like the fridges, it will depend how long the builder takes to close.

Also, that?s besides the point. You pay 1.5m+ on a home and you don?t get to customize it fully is unfortunate.

Location, location, location.  When you pay $1.5m+ and you have to settle for a city that?s not first on your list is unfortunate.  Everything else like cabinets, flooring? you dont like them, rip them out and replace with new ones.

Back