Talk Irvine Get Together

roundcorners

Talk Irvine Get Together

I been thinking of hosting a TI get together in conjunction with the grand opening of the Woodbury Collection. I got the OK, from Socal and the wife. Well with a baby we have to always play it by ear, but at lease we can set up the event, where some of you can also take some sort of ownership.

I'm thinking of just using Woodbury Court's club house patio, it's free, first come first serve. They have a few tables, benches and outdoor sectionals, with fireplace. The place can easily host 20+ people. We can hang out the entire afternoon, so people can go see the models and drop by for lunch. I might have to leave here and there to change the baby and put him down for a nap, but as long as some people hang out, we should be able to hold the space.

I wouldn't mind bbq some hamburgers if others don't mind chipping in with drinks, snacks and chips.

Saturday Jan, the 30th seems to work; but I'm not sure if that is the official grand opening for the entire collection or just Monticeto. We can plan it and leave the date open for now.

Just want to get an initial head count and get the word out. If you're interested, let's start a dialog.

I still care deeply about this community; all of you have enriched my life, and our family would like to thank the community.

Any thoughts, feedback...?

Roundcorners, can you please invite many of your single Irvine female friends so we can get Mr.Trojanman hooked up that weekend. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

[quote author="Panda "]Roundcorners, can you please invite many of your single Irvine female friends so we can get Mr.Trojanman hooked up that weekend. <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->[/quote]
Hahaha Trying to get RC to be a matchmaker? <!-- s:p -->:p<!-- s:p -->

Count me in to the get together. Let us know if we can bring some supplies like food, drinks, and/or wine.

[quote author="morekaos"]I'd be interested[/quote]
Hope you can make it MK, it'll be good to finally meet you.

I will make every effort but my schedule gets dictated more and more by 2 rug rats and Mrs Morekaos. That date looks pretty good for now though.

I've often wondered if there would ever be a "Site that shall not be named" and/or TI poker invitational get together. I'm in for that if it can be organized.

[quote author="Soylent Green Is People"]I've often wondered if there would ever be a "Site that shall not be named" and/or TI poker invitational get together. I'm in for that if it can be organized.
[/quote]
That might get no_vas back to being active around here.

I might make this get together... but I'm going to pretend I'm Skek or Vicstah... unless they show up.

Alright this is actually a great response on the 1st day!

I'll host an event if there is a minimum of say... 4 committed people... 30th is great cause Panda is in town and it'll be cool to get some TI people together to just chat/hang in person.

Let's just say... I'll buy the frozen Costco hamburgers patties... I'll give myself a budget of around $100, to feed max, about 30+ people... nice buns, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles... if less people show up, I'll upgrade the food... if only 4 people show, then I guess we'll be grilling up some fillet minion and lobster tails <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

I'll nail down an exact time and sign up sheet soon... So everyone cool with Saturday the 30th?

Most of the models are up in Woodbury and Woodbury East, at the rate they are moving, I won't be surprise if they all open on the same day. Except for the condos/town-homes in WB East, all the exterior stucco are up.

Even if the models are not open that day, we can still have a nice get together. It'll be nice to meet some more TI peeps! MK, T-Man, IHO, feel free to bring the family too...!

[quote author="roundcorners"]Alright this is actually a great response on the 1st day!

I'll host an event if there is a minimum of say... 4 committed people... 30th is great cause Panda is in town and it'll be cool to get some TI people together to just chat/hang in person.

Let's just say... I'll buy the frozen Costco hamburgers patties... I'll give myself a budget of around $100, to feed max, about 30+ people... nice buns, lettuce, tomatoes, pickles... if less people show up, I'll upgrade the food... if only 4 people show, then I guess we'll be grilling up some fillet minion and lobster tails <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

I'll nail down an exact time and sign up sheet soon... So everyone cool with Saturday the 30th?

Most of the models are up in Woodbury and Woodbury East, at the rate they are moving, I won't be surprise if they all open on the same day. Except for the condos/town-homes in WB East, all the exterior stucco are up.

Even if the models are not open that day, we can still have a nice get together. It'll be nice to meet some more TI peeps! MK, T-Man, IHO, feel free to bring the family too...![/quote]
Can we do a late afternoon time so in case my buyers want to take a look at homes on Saturday? Maybe 2-3pm.

late afternoon works, baby wakes up around 2pm... I can start grilling 12:30 or so after I put the kid down. 2-5pm will work fine... we've done the afternoon thing before...during the summer, we had friends that just hanged, swam and were still there after we gave the baby a bath and put him to bed. The wife and I usually switch going down...

RC, it would be really cool if we can zovall to come out. I'll email him to see if he is free that afternoon. I'll also try to get bondtrader to come out.

Thanks to RC for coming up with this idea.

Forgive my Woodbury-ignorance... but is the Woodbury Court clubhouse within reasonable walking distance to the new homes or Montecito? I'm trying to visualize the parking situation.

[quote author="roundcorners"]late afternoon works, baby wakes up around 2pm... I can start grilling 12:30 or so after I put the kid down. 2-5pm will work fine... we've done the afternoon thing before...during the summer, we had friends that just hanged, swam and were still there after we gave the baby a bath and put him to bed. The wife and I usually switch going down...[/quote]
Awesome, I'll spread the word to my buyers to see if they want to come out.

RC, can i invite all the TI fans on my facebook page? Are you sure you're going to have enough burgers? One of the fans on my TI Facebook page is the "Irvine Unified School District School Board Member" - Nice! Now, I need to figure out how to get Mayor Sukhee Kang to become a fan. Once you get the Irvine Koreans to represent - it is Game Over!

[quote author="SoCal78"]Thanks to RC for coming up with this idea.

Forgive my Woodbury-ignorance... but is the Woodbury Court clubhouse within reasonable walking distance to the new homes or Montecito? I'm trying to visualize the parking situation.

[/quote]

Woodbury Court is walking distance to the new Sonoma homes; but is a good 20+ minutes walk to Montecito, it's all the way across Woodbury on the same street, Great Lawn. The La Casella town-homes are also right outside Woodbury Court...

[quote author="Panda "]RC, can i invite all the TI fans on my facebook page? Are you sure you're going to have enough burgers? One of the fans on my TI Facebook page is the "Irvine Unified School District School Board Member" - Nice! Now, I need to figure out how to get Mayor Sukhee Kang to become a fan. Once you get the Irvine Koreans to represent - it is Game Over![/quote]

I guess I won't mind any guests, friends and family of TI peeps; and this would be great to spread the TI word... But I guess my original intent was to take care of our own community first... other TI peeps who care about the community and have that in common who also want to see it thrive...

got to remember to bring Name Tags, so we can write our screen name <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->

RC - That is so nice of you! I am a "maybe," as that weekend looks pretty busy on my calendar. It would be fun to see people, though.

I used to live at Woodbury Court, so I know the patio area well. If I can manage it for that day (I think we have company coming out from out of state), me and Mr. may stop by.

I can be the chubby Irvine chick representin' TI. LOL! Thanks for putting this together!

Darn, Darn, Darn...

Sorry everybody... the leasing office told me that someone already reserved the club-house with patio for the 30th... :'(

There was a chance that this could happened... I really apologize for not being more planned... as far as I can see here are our options:

Plan B - There is a court yard, also inside Woodbury Court, that has a few tables, umbrellas and a couple of grills. It's also first come first serve and I can set up really early in the morning, just to be VERY safe and take over that space. It's not as nice and comfortable of course, but it will work. This is funny but the table and chairs are bolted to the concrete... I can take pictures of the venue if some of you need more information.

Plan C - We can meet at a Woodbury Park; most common areas need reservation; I think through the city website, I have never done it before but I think it's free and easy.

Read my Park Crashers Anecdote, we can do a Private Woodbury Park, but just to be safe, we more Woodbury residences to show up. So security won't have a cow... It's a bit more difficult for me to have it else where cause of the baby. But, I'm sure we can manage somehow...

Plan D - Just simply hold it on another date... when we get more confirmation on when the Official Grand Opening date will be...

Again, I apologize, I did start this thread to plan the event; not announce it. What are you thoughts???

Back