Stonegate Vs. Pavilion Park

lnc said:
SoCal said:
Homie said:
jmoney74 said:
I have white neighbors.. that's already pretty diverse for new builds.  1 white family = Diversity.  There are at least 2 on my street.. so now it's ultra diverse.  ;)

The 2 you saw were the general contractors bud... nice try!

Hehehe. You know what, incidentally, when I stopped by the park there to plant that Valentine's Day treasure hunt item where you found it, I noticed a white guy from afar doing some kind of tour of the grounds but his eyes were fixed on me the entire time. Finally, after a while, he made his way closer did a little greeting / acknowledgement. He had a real wide smile, head nod. I had a feeling he might be mistaking me for a new neighbor just like what you describe even if that was jokingly. I wanted to tell him I was just dropping by briefly to let my kids run wild at their park, then leaving, but I didn't. lol. Never know, could be somebody just swinging by.

I think that guy just thinks you are hot. ;)

this is amazing

SoCal said:
Homie said:
jmoney74 said:
I have white neighbors.. that's already pretty diverse for new builds.  1 white family = Diversity.  There are at least 2 on my street.. so now it's ultra diverse.  ;)

The 2 you saw were the general contractors bud... nice try!

Hehehe. You know what, incidentally, when I stopped by the park there to plant that Valentine's Day treasure hunt item where you found it, I noticed a white guy from afar doing some kind of tour of the grounds but his eyes were fixed on me the entire time. Finally, after a while, he made his way closer did a little greeting / acknowledgement. He had a real wide smile, head nod. I had a feeling he might be mistaking me for a new neighbor just like what you describe even if that was jokingly. I wanted to tell him I was just dropping by briefly to let my kids run wild at their park, then leaving, but I didn't. lol. Never know, could be somebody just swinging by.

For the times ive been there touring the models... I've noticed that mostly the Asian folks there were talking pricing and all the white folks were there talking about ideas of how to late out the decor at their home..

Socal- Was that man lost? :p

zubs said:
Perhaps Irvine should rent some Caucasians to spruce up the place.http://www.cnn.com/2010/BUSINESS/06/29/china.rent.white.people/index.html

"Sometimes companies will hire Caucasians simply to sit in the office a few hours a day near the window where clients and customers can see them." ---

:eek: YES. Oh my goodness. Fascinating article!! What they don't say in that article is they do it in America, too, but for the purpose of putting on a facade to attract new clientele. I was hired for what very literally turned out to be one of these "window dressing" jobs at a Chinese office in Irvine several years ago. This was after another Chinese owned business asked me to come around to their various offices to do a similar set-up. They are not 100% upfront about it. I already had a clue what that probably really meant but to this day had no idea it was actually a "thing". WOW. Puzzle solved. I'm so glad I read this. Thanks for posting.

irvinehomeowner said:
Is there shade in the central park in PP yet?

And whatever happened to the free orange bike controversy?

the only shade is over the bridge thingamagig.  The park is too spread out to have unless you want one giant shade.. Mr. Burns.

free bike controversy?  what was that? 

supposedly I'm getting on this weekend unless I walk up there and they say "PSYCHE!!!"

just an orange bike

35d30f6a72a8ece5293c109360727b18.JPG

yeah can't argue "free".. comes with your pricey Irvine home.  lol

Back