Stock picks

qwerty said:
I picked up STMP and AYX today. Off of today?s prices they should provide 20-30% returns in the next couple of months if they stick with their recent trading patterns.

These are great recommendations.  I like STMP better than AYX -- STMP is profitable vs AYX is still in the red.

Cornflakes said:
What do smarties here think of Palantir for the long term investment?
<snip>
I am probably getting ahead of myself here but is this next TSLA?

I don't believe PLTR is the next TSLA, but I did put some money in PLTR and NNDM on dips.

[me=momopi]eyes GME and AMC[/me]

Man, how many times are they going to resuscitate that dead cat?

To the moon!

I'm still holding my GME shares for giggles. But honestly if it hits $300+ again I'm selling it.

If you own SOS stock, check Hindenburg Research post on Twitter claiming the company is a fraud and stock value is $0.  While I cannot validate their claims, you should probably limit your risk exposure.

Note that Hindenburg Research is a short seller, so there is financial self-interest on their part.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hindenburg_Research

Few random thoughts today

* Taiwan?s drought is hitting semiconductor companies like TSM ASX (ASE) UMC etc. causing stock dips.  The annual plum rain season usually starts in may and can rain for a month.  Can?t say for sure if drought will continue this year or the rain season will refill reservoirs.  The stocks might be a good gamble on dip.

* GM has EV line from $4500 mini EV in China (outselling Tesla 2:1) to $130k EV hummer in US.  Compare to Tesla GM?s P/E seems far more sensible.

* Ex chief of Apple?s CPU design bailed to setup his own company couple years back. Qualcomm is buying them for $1.4 billion.  The guy took Apple?s Crown Jewels with him when he left (M1/SoC design) and wanted to sell to high end server market.  Qualcomm will likely have mass market ambitions.  Expect Apple lawsuits to fly, but if Qualcomm is successful they will go head to head vs AMD and Nvidia.

momopi said:
Few random thoughts today

* Taiwan?s drought is hitting semiconductor companies like TSM ASX (ASE) UMC etc. causing stock dips.  The annual plum rain season usually starts in may and can rain for a month.  Can?t say for sure if drought will continue this year or the rain season will refill reservoirs.  The stocks might be a good gamble on dip.

* GM has EV line from $4500 mini EV in China (outselling Tesla 2:1) to $130k EV hummer in US.  Compare to Tesla GM?s P/E seems far more sensible.

* Ex chief of Apple?s CPU design bailed to setup his own company couple years back. Qualcomm is buying them for $1.4 billion.  The guy took Apple?s Crown Jewels with him when he left (M1/SoC design) and wanted to sell to high end server market.  Qualcomm will likely have mass market ambitions.  Expect Apple lawsuits to fly, but if Qualcomm is successful they will go head to head vs AMD and Nvidia.

how do you see AMD long term with its competitors?

sleepy5136 said:
how do you see AMD long term with its competitors?

In short, AMD > Intel, but AMD's reliance on TSMC is both a plus and a liability.  I own AMD stock, I do not own Intel stock.

More lowball limit orders on OSTK AMD SHOP SQ PRNT PYPL

Keeping fingers crossed for further dip next week  $_$

hmm...

So AMD is buying XLNX with stock swap of 1.734 AMD shares per share of XLNX.

At today's prices AMD is $76 x 1.734 = $131.
XLNX is trading at $116.

Does this make buying XLNX at $15 discount to AMD shares?  Assuming the deal is still on?

I think about middle of MAR a lot.
It was last year in MAR when the stock market was lowest.
It was MAR of 2009 when the stock market was lowest.

Is it time to buy the dip?

zubs said:
I think about middle of MAR a lot.
It was last year in MAR when the stock market was lowest.
It was MAR of 2009 when the stock market was lowest.

Is it time to buy the dip?
who knows. But if you bought in increments these past days, I have a feeling you will do well for the rest of the year...

I sold some GME positions to cover my initial investment. Now everything is just gravy on top.

Today's 10 year auction will be a strong indicator of how the markets will move.

momopi said:
hmm...

So AMD is buying XLNX with stock swap of 1.734 AMD shares per share of XLNX.

At today's prices AMD is $76 x 1.734 = $131.
XLNX is trading at $116.

Does this make buying XLNX at $15 discount to AMD shares?  Assuming the deal is still on?

Or AMD is overvalued.

Performance check on RE/Builder related stocks since purchase this year:

DHI +18.21%
LEN +20.27%
Z    -12.18%

DOOR +10.68%
HD +20.54%
GHVI -13.59%

Note the winners were mostly "hardware" vs losers were mostly "software".  I'm still bullish on GHVI merger with Matterport.

Loved the builders this year....LEN, DHI, and TOL.  I think they may flatten out a bit as rates rise and once inventory levels begin to tick up it'll be time to bail out.

Back