Stock Market Day-Trading Discussion Thread

[quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1236037831]They say not to fall in love with a stock...but...

I <3 CSCO!</blockquote>

I would not say fall back in love... just more like a booty call. :lol:

Well now, wasn't that special?

S&P at 700, Dow below 7000?

And top it off with a phenonomal commodities sell off.

Just for giggles, whaddya all think is gonna happen when folks figure out that cash, (treasuries), is not safe either?

[quote author="awgee" date=1236057945]Well now, wasn't that special?

Just for giggles, whaddya all think is gonna happen when folks figure out that cash, (treasuries), is not safe either?</blockquote>
Riots? Mad Max society? Reality is that there is no place to hide other than cash and treasuries FOR NOW.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1236059051][quote author="awgee" date=1236057945]Well now, wasn't that special?

Just for giggles, whaddya all think is gonna happen when folks figure out that cash, (treasuries), is not safe either?</blockquote>
Riots? Mad Max society? Reality is that there is no place to hide other than cash and treasuries FOR NOW.</blockquote>

Sure there is.

[quote author="awgee" date=1236060608][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1236059051][quote author="awgee" date=1236057945]Well now, wasn't that special?

Riots? Mad Max society? Reality is that there is no place to hide other than cash and treasuries FOR NOW.</blockquote>

Sure there is.</blockquote>

awgee will say gold.

I will say equities with puts. However, you probably don't have to buy insurance for gold. That investment is as good...well....gold.

[quote author="awgee" date=1236057945]Well now, wasn't that special?

Treasuries are the 10 Pin. But for now the World Markets look so unstable that treasuries are still safe for the near term.

First AIG, Banks and GM need to shake out. As for Bonds and Treasuries.

Keep a close eye on Bill Gross. If and when he bails on his cozy marriage with the govenment.

Thats the cue that the jig is up on that market. He is the "canary in the coal mine".

[quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1236063070][quote author="awgee" date=1236060608][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1236059051][quote author="awgee" date=1236057945]Well now, wasn't that special?

awgee will say gold.

I will say equities with puts. However, you probably don't have to buy insurance for gold. That investment is as good...well....gold.</blockquote>

Except your assets are someone else's liabilities and your fortune is dependent on their ability to make good.

[quote author="bltserv" date=1236066798][quote author="awgee" date=1236057945]Well now, wasn't that special?

Treasuries are the 10 Pin. But for now the World Markets look so unstable that treasuries are still safe for the near term.

First AIG, Banks and GM need to shake out. As for Bonds and Treasuries.

Keep a close eye on Bill Gross. If and when he bails on his cozy marriage with the govenment.

Thats the cue that the jig is up on that market. He is the "canary in the coal mine".</blockquote>
Do you think he will bail in time? I have been thinking that he will hold on to his position since it has worked for so long, kinda like Buffett.

[quote author="awgee" date=1236060608][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1236059051][quote author="awgee" date=1236057945]Well now, wasn't that special?

That's why I qualified my statement with the "FOR NOW" because when inflation does take off cash and treasuries will be the last places you want to be in.

A while back i remember BV making a statement that he thought the DOW would go down to 7000. I think it may have been around 9000 or high 8,000s at the time he made the statement. I said this fool is either crazy or he is a bad ass. Turns out he is a bad ass. I cant recall one person (expert or otherwise) who thought that it would go this low other than you. Congrats on your prediction BV.

[quote author="qwerty" date=1236068586]A while back i remember BV making a statement that he thought the DOW would go down to 7000. I think it may have been around 9000 or high 8,000s at the time he made the statement. I said this fool is either crazy or he is a bad ass. Turns out he is a bad ass. I cant recall one person (expert or otherwise) who thought that it would go this low other than you. Congrats on your prediction BV.</blockquote>

I wasn't so right. I said by mid next year...we just ended February, so ways to go.

<blockquote>I?m willing to bet someone that by mid next year, DOW will be around 7K.</blockquote>

[quote author="upperlowerclass" date=1235778442]EGI@.90 insane cheap, see you at a dollar next week</blockquote>

EGI @ dollar... I'll take profits now... KTHXBAI!!

[quote author="upperlowerclass" date=1236119957][quote author="upperlowerclass" date=1235778442]EGI@.90 insane cheap, see you at a dollar next week</blockquote>

EGI @ dollar... I'll take profits now... KTHXBAI!!</blockquote>

thumbs up!

kthxbai? hmm...reminds me of my WOW days...

I'm willing to bet that the markets will never again see previous highs - at least not in your life time!

Only exception to that is if America invents something new and amazing that it can offer the world. Anything short of a teleporting device or a time portal and you'll never see DOW get back to 14.4K!

[quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1236124335]I'm willing to bet that the markets will never again see previous highs - at least not in your life time!

Only exception to that is if America invents something new and amazing that it can offer the world. Anything short of a teleporting device or a time portal and you'll never see DOW get back to 14.4K!</blockquote>

Agree, but I think you will see some huge rallys, like 10,000 or 11,000, that will fool many into going back in and losing what they have left.

I wanna qualify that. 10,000 or 11,000 in today's dollars. Dollar devaluation could send it to 20,000, but make it worth 3,000 in today's dollars.

[quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1236124024][quote author="upperlowerclass" date=1236119957][quote author="upperlowerclass" date=1235778442]EGI@.90 insane cheap, see you at a dollar next week</blockquote>

thumbs up!

kthxbai? hmm...reminds me of my WOW days...</blockquote>

Yea I started playing again about a month or two ago... I needed to curb my "going out" expenses, nothing stops that like spending a weekend playin WOW.

[quote author="upperlowerclass" date=1236130821][quote author="BlackVault CM" date=1236124024][quote author="upperlowerclass" date=1236119957][quote author="upperlowerclass" date=1235778442]EGI@.90 insane cheap, see you at a dollar next week</blockquote>

thumbs up!

kthxbai? hmm...reminds me of my WOW days...</blockquote>

Yea I started playing again about a month or two ago... I needed to curb my "going out" expenses, nothing stops that like spending a weekend playin WOW.</blockquote>

I'm resisting. It will be easier to resist once the baby comes so I'm trying to hold out until then, but I've been clean for a while now. I quit a month before Xpac.

As far as curbing expenses, nothing can be farther from the truth. $15 bucks a month div by hrs (playing time) = extremely cheap entertainment. I saved hundreds a month, no joke. I wasn't into PVE though, huge on PVP. Arena combat dictated my playing style. Anyway, don't want to get into it too much...Skek and Vic will be on this board in seconds to make fun of me.

Back