Stadium Lofts

[quote author="joostfan" date=1238367506][quote author="graphrix" date=1235575502]I heard on KROQ today they are having some contest where if you win, you get a year of living in the Stadium lofts. Sounds like they need someone there to turn the lights on.</blockquote>

<a href="http://mcboozenstein.blogspot.com/">Contest Winner</a></blockquote>

From the blog:

<blockquote>Recently I won this amazing radio station contest that claimed it would "change the life" of the winner. Prizes included a new car, dinner one a month for a year, lunch once a month for a year, [etc.]</blockquote>

She should have known the prize was trouble right then, because They're Ain't No Thing Such As a Free Lunch

From the OCR:

<a href="http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2009/05/05/luxury-rents-tumble-in-anaheim/21137/">http://lansner.freedomblogging.com/2009/05/05/luxury-rents-tumble-in-anaheim/21137/</a>

<blockquote>On rents at new Avalon Anaheim Stadium, in the city?s much-hyped Platinum Triangle: ?Decreased approximately $200 per month from Q4 to Q1 in order to produce an average of approximately 20 leases per month throughout the first quarter. In contrast, at Avalon at Blue Hills, a suburb of Boston, rental rates remain stable while successfully leasing almost 30 apartments per month during the first two months of operation. In the case of Anaheim, we are dealing with an oversupplied market with significant job losses and high rents. In the case of Blue Hills, we are delivering more affordable product into a sub market with limited competition.?

The Anaheim complex features floorplans with a baseball theme: The Halo, 1-bedroom starting at $1,565 a month, according to the company Website; and The Fielders Choice and The Curveball, 2 bedrooms starting at $1,795; to the The Grand Slam, 3 bedrooms starting at $2,425.</blockquote>

Q: What fool pays IAC prices for higher density housing with (by comparison to Irvine) horrible schools, no ammenities, and 200 yards from I-5 - with the added bonus of the big dirt hole near State College and Katella?

A: Not very many.

Never understood why builders always touted California as a high barrier market. There are so many redevelopment areas with their own EIR's, entitlement approval was almost always guaranteed resulting in the excess supply of units.

<blockquote>The Anaheim complex features floorplans with a baseball theme: The Halo, 1-bedroom starting at $1,565 a month, according to the company Website; and The Fielders Choice and The Curveball, 2 bedrooms starting at $1,795; to the The Grand Slam, 3 bedrooms starting at $2,425.</blockquote>

It looks like the Fielder's Choice was to not move in as the stupid apartment names and rediculously high prices threw him a curveball.

I thought condo prices in norcal couldn't fall below $200K, now some are wel under $100K. I suspect in parts of OC you'll seen things in the low to mid $100Ks.

[quote author="norcaljeff" date=1243764566]I thought condo prices in norcal couldn't fall below $200K, now some are wel under $100K. I suspect in parts of OC you'll seen things in the low to mid $100Ks.</blockquote>
There already are...check out zip code 92707...right by South Coast Plaza. I think you can get a 2bed/2bath condo for less than $150k.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1243767213][quote author="norcaljeff" date=1243764566]I thought condo prices in norcal couldn't fall below $200K, now some are wel under $100K. I suspect in parts of OC you'll seen things in the low to mid $100Ks.</blockquote>
There already are...check out zip code 92707...right by South Coast Plaza. I think you can get a 2bed/2bath condo for less than $150k.</blockquote>

Unfortunately the HOA fee is anywhere from 20-33% of what the mortgage commitment would be making it a deal breaker. HOA fees are not tax deductible so the HOA/mortgage ratio doesn't make sense from a fiscal perspective. I'm not sure what's going to happen with condo values. Overall, it seems they haven't fallen in value proportionally to single-family residence, yet the pressure of a static high-priced HOA makes it look so unattractive. I'd hate to be a condo seller and I'd hate to be a condo buyer with the fear of having trouble selling in the future.

[quote author="kwong7" date=1243774186][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1243767213][quote author="norcaljeff" date=1243764566]I thought condo prices in norcal couldn't fall below $200K, now some are wel under $100K. I suspect in parts of OC you'll seen things in the low to mid $100Ks.</blockquote>
There already are...check out zip code 92707...right by South Coast Plaza. I think you can get a 2bed/2bath condo for less than $150k.</blockquote>

Unfortunately the HOA fee is anywhere from 20-33% of what the mortgage commitment would be making it a deal breaker. HOA fees are not tax deductible so the HOA/mortgage ratio doesn't make sense from a fiscal perspective. I'm not sure what's going to happen with condo values. Overall, it seems they haven't fallen in value proportionally to single-family residence, yet the pressure of a static high-priced HOA makes it look so unattractive. I'd hate to be a condo seller and I'd hate to be a condo buyer with the fear of having trouble selling in the future.</blockquote>
That is true, the HOA over there is around $300/month but at least it does include insurance, water, gas, and trash. You'll be hard pressed to find an HOA under $250 for a decent condo property.

Hurry up...they are down to the final 40!

<a href="http://www.stadiumloftsnow.com/pdf/final40_PriceSheet.pdf">http://www.stadiumloftsnow.com/pdf/final40_PriceSheet.pdf</a>

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1243829500][quote author="kwong7" date=1243774186][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1243767213][quote author="norcaljeff" date=1243764566]I thought condo prices in norcal couldn't fall below $200K, now some are wel under $100K. I suspect in parts of OC you'll seen things in the low to mid $100Ks.</blockquote>

Unfortunately the HOA fee is anywhere from 20-33% of what the mortgage commitment would be making it a deal breaker. HOA fees are not tax deductible so the HOA/mortgage ratio doesn't make sense from a fiscal perspective. I'm not sure what's going to happen with condo values. Overall, it seems they haven't fallen in value proportionally to single-family residence, yet the pressure of a static high-priced HOA makes it look so unattractive. I'd hate to be a condo seller and I'd hate to be a condo buyer with the fear of having trouble selling in the future.</blockquote>
That is true, the HOA over there is around $300/month but at least it does include insurance, water, gas, and trash. You'll be hard pressed to find an HOA under $250 for a decent condo property.</blockquote>

That's one of the reasons condos suck. You pay high HOA fees for the joys of shared walls and little privacy.

[quote author="25inIrvine" date=1248495329]Hurry up...they are down to the final 40!

<a href="http://www.stadiumloftsnow.com/pdf/final40_PriceSheet.pdf">http://www.stadiumloftsnow.com/pdf/final40_PriceSheet.pdf</a></blockquote>
Will I be priced out forever if I don't buy now????????

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1248506246][quote author="25inIrvine" date=1248495329]Hurry up...they are down to the final 40!

<a href="http://www.stadiumloftsnow.com/pdf/final40_PriceSheet.pdf">http://www.stadiumloftsnow.com/pdf/final40_PriceSheet.pdf</a></blockquote>
Will I be priced out forever if I don't buy now????????</blockquote>

Its the final 40....not only will you be priced out forever. But they will never be available again!

Oh, except when its the final 30 at an even lower price....next month

Dont forget the 2 strip clubs are closer than the nearest supermarket.

This alone should be the reason to purchase NOW.

[quote author="bltserv" date=1251349280]Dont forget the 2 strip clubs are closer than the nearest supermarket.

This alone should be the reason to purchase NOW.</blockquote>

Two?

Fritz and what else?

I got a whale of a story from one of my customers about Fritz...

[quote author="bltserv" date=1251349280]Dont forget the 2 strip clubs are closer than the nearest supermarket.

You will find the finest IPD there and hope they don't try to pull a Lucy.

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1251357626][quote author="bltserv" date=1251349280]Dont forget the 2 strip clubs are closer than the nearest supermarket.

Two?

Fritz and what else?

I got a whale of a story from one of my customers about Fritz...</blockquote>

The All Nude Sahara Theatre and Juice Bar. Behind the El Torito. State College and Ball Road.

Just a short walk from the "Lofts" up to Ball from Katella.

And Fritz is called "Fritz Thats Too". I too have some great memories from this place over the years.

Just not enough strip clubs around Quail Hill. Darn.

[quote author="bltserv" date=1251369053][quote author="no_vaseline" date=1251357626][quote author="bltserv" date=1251349280]Dont forget the 2 strip clubs are closer than the nearest supermarket.

Two?

Fritz and what else?

The All Nude Sahara Theatre and Juice Bar. Behind the El Torito. State College and Ball Road.

And Fritz is called "Fritz Thats Too". I too have some great memories from this place over the years.

Just not enough strip clubs around Quail Hill. Darn.</blockquote>
Capital Creme is a short jump, hop, and skip from QH. ;)

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1251369656][quote author="bltserv" date=1251369053][quote author="no_vaseline" date=1251357626][quote author="bltserv" date=1251349280]Dont forget the 2 strip clubs are closer than the nearest supermarket.

Two?

Fritz and what else?

Just not enough strip clubs around Quail Hill. Darn.</blockquote>
Capital Creme is a short jump, hop, and skip from QH. ;)</blockquote>

Captain Creams has seen its best days long long ago. Its a bad smelly dive these days. Old Long lease and poor talent.

Better to just hang at Peppinos and check out the talent when it drifts across the lot for a drink.

Fritz on the other hand is not bad for taking a client to a decent OC strip club.

Back