Soil and groundwater contamination in PS3 ?

plainwater

Really interested to purchase in PS3 but got this disclosure (attached). Seems indicating residual contamination. First time purchasing new house and no experience with this type of disclosure. Should this be a real concern or I am just too paranoid?

Attachments

• disclosure1.jpg
    disclosure1.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 615
  • disclosure2.jpg
    disclosure2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 351
Sounds like you're acting as you should...concerned!  If you are going to dig a well and drink the groundwater, don't buy.  But then again, I would say the same thing to anyone buying a home near a gas station.

If the Irvine Co. and Orange County say the issue has been corrected and turns out it's not, you pretty much won the lottery with a class action suit!  I highly doubt they would leave anything to chance in today's litigious society.  I say, if the home meets your needs and is the right price, do it!

with a disclosure like that , will be very difficult for any legal action later on.
people really buy there and sign on something like that ??

Thread Title: Soil and groundwater contamination in PS3 ?
Poster's SN: plainwater
Number of Posts: 1

Larry, is that you!?

aquabliss said:
Thread Title: Soil and groundwater contamination in PS3 ?
Poster's SN: plainwater
Number of Posts: 1

Larry, is that you!?

Doubt it.  The OP forgot to black out his/her lot # on the document.

It's also interesting that in the document, the County had deemed in 1999 that the toxic soil had been remediated, but then in 2005, more toxic soil had been found.

It just shows you how much faith you can put into these reports that say everything is fine.

I guess we'll see how this plays out with Toxic Jail High.

TRNeighbor.com said:
Sounds like you're acting as you should...concerned!  If you are going to dig a well and drink the groundwater, don't buy.  But then again, I would say the same thing to anyone buying a home near a gas station.

If the Irvine Co. and Orange County say the issue has been corrected and turns out it's not, you pretty much won the lottery with a class action suit!  I highly doubt they would leave anything to chance in today's litigious society.  I say, if the home meets your needs and is the right price, do it!

Thanks for the suggestion. For sure I am not going to dig a well or drink the groundwater, but I might plant a fruit in the backyard. Is that going to be a problem? And I prefer peace of mind rather than winning a possible lottery. The thing is that I couldn't tell how big the problem is from the disclosure.

curious george said:
with a disclosure like that , will be very difficult for any legal action later on.
people really buy there and sign on something like that ??

They actually sold quite a few houses already. That also confuses me.

plainwater said:
For sure I am not going to dig a well or drink the groundwater, but I might plant a fruit in the backyard. Is that going to be a problem? 

Fruit tree are prohibited by most HOA anyway, unless it's dwarf lemon tree and plan it in the pot. 

they dont know how big is the problem and they dont care, if you sign then it becomes your problem. they have done their part and will sleep well at night.

This is not only for Cressa I guess. Every tract in PS3 have this disclosure to sign.

Is there a similar document when people trying to to buy Beacon Park homes?

plainwater said:
Really interested to purchase in PS3 but got this disclosure (attached). Seems indicating residual contamination. First time purchasing new house and no experience with this type of disclosure. Should this be a real concern or I am just too paranoid?

Somehow I don't think the BP folks have this specific disclosure?
There's a few BP buyers here, wonder if they've seen this as well

Doesn't the disclosure mean you *can't* win the lottery in case future contamination is found?

BP has similar disclosures, I think PP had them too.

And we all know Tustin Legacy/Villages of Columbus have them, qwermutant can't plant a lime tree in his backyard.

irvinehomeowner said:
I think PP had them too.

negative.  no groundwater/soil contamination docs were disclosed specifically for PP.  now that doesn't mean shit is not in the soil from the years the land was a nursery.

curious george said:
well if this disclosure is new, then it means that there might be some new knowledge of future findings...

Well isn't it "new" bc this is the first time a house is being sold in enclave 3. The 25 acre site is IN enclave 3.

plainwater said:

Did you end up purchasing at Cressa or  changed your mind because of the disclosure? Just curious. We also liked Cressa as an true SFR.

Sorry, it should be on page 1.

I would never buy something like this since there is a chance of contamination. That's why I didn't buy beacon park.

Back