Shake Shack @ Spectrum

momopi

Ugh, what's the best thing I can say about this place? You can still get a burger for under $10 at Spectrum here, and the quality is superior to Burger King.

Just don't expect Slater 50/50 quality & flavor.

In N Out > Shake Shack in terms of taste, quality, and pricing! I'm only go there because my amex gold card has a monthly $10 credit I need to use..

I'm not really a fan of Shake Shack.

High prices and not super good burgers (or fries).

I prefer charbroiled burgers so even The Habit or Carl's Jr (which are both cheaper) are better to me.

Carl's Jr.'s $6 burger has been my favorite since its inception. Well, maybe until they changed the bun to thick bun, which I don't like.

No pics?

How's Shake Shack compare to Five Guys?

I'd take In and Out over Shake Shack, Five Guys, & the Melt.

I also prefer Chick fil-a style waffle fries.

I do in fact have a collection of food pics from recent year, will need to sort and upload them before posting.

Many years ago when McDonalds used to cook their fries in Formula 47 (beef tallow) they used to have the best tasting fries. But alas, these days you have to make your own.

In and Out fries are "okay" when ordered well done or extra crispy. If you're adventurous you can ask them to make it cheesy with chopped Cascabella peppers on top, assuming the server is willing to accommodate.

I actually prefer Shake Shack burgers over In-N-Out. The cost difference is like $5 these days? Not a big deal.
I actually prefer In-N-Out well done fries over Shake Shack fries. I know, I have an unpopular opinion...

I actually prefer Shake Shack burgers over In-N-Out. The cost difference is like $5 these days? Not a big deal.
I actually prefer In-N-Out well done fries over Shake Shack fries. I know, I have an unpopular opinion...
$5 isn’t a big deal if base price is $100. But when the base price for a burger is $5. That’s a 100% premium for a burger…

If you ask for "Cascabella Peppers" and I ask for "Chopped Chilis" are we getting the same thing?

They typically only have 1 type of chili pepper in stock, so assuming the staff is willing to accommodate your order, you'll get whatever peppers they have.

Back