SCOTUS

morekaos said:
Mark my words, even if they get all of this new testimony they will get nothing new to add. All the votes will remain exactly the same. This is a colossal stall tactic, all ?witnesses ? will simply re read their current sworn affidavits and nothing new. He will be seated for the next session

One little forensic interview of Mark Judge should take care of that. 

Because the stall will never end. You watch, more allegations will come out and more calls for longer investigation no matter how outrageous the claim.  Stall, stall, stall. Now they are crying foul that an "artificial" time frame of a week is biased and just plain mean.  This will never end unless the Repubs have the nuts to put an end to it and just have the vote.

morekaos said:
Because the stall will never end. You watch, more allegations will come out and more calls for longer investigation no matter how outrageous the claim.  Stall, stall, stall. Now they are crying foul that an "artificial" time frame of a week is biased and just plain mean.  This will never end unless the Repubs have the nuts to put an end to it and just have the vote.

ROFLMAO, stall.

Go on, ram it through, make the tsunami.

The Repubs need this, need this bad to come off as a thorough but quick background check to vet the potential of the claims.

The riled base can't save you when you alienate the middle third.

I guess I'm just a RINO.

morekaos said:

i just looked into my crystal ball.  i see us at october 5th having not learned anything more than we know today.  kav gets a vote on the senate floor and he gets 54 votes - all R vote yes and 3 dems in R states vote to appeal to their voters.

quote me in 1 week.

nosuchreality said:
morekaos said:

ROFLMAO, stall.

Go on, ram it through, make the tsunami.

The Repubs need this, need this bad to come off as a thorough but quick background check to vet the potential of the claims.

The riled base can't save you when you alienate the middle third.

I guess I'm just a RINO.

Most politicians care little about consistency and hypocrisy, but commenters here care shockingly little too. Do Trump enthusiasts understand how incredibly ironic it is they're complaining about stall tactics after Garland's nomination?

Oh please, all you had to do was win that election and you would have had your boy.  Believe me, the last bonebrains who expected to win that election were congressional Republicans.if hillary had won like she was supposed to those knuckleheads would have caved in a nanomoment.  But it just didn?t work out that way.  That always makes me smile.

Sorry, I was neither trying to win that election, nor was Garland my boy. I voted for the least worst candidate, as I do in every election. For the first time in my adult life, the least worst presidential candidate was Clinton in 2016.

Here?s what the FBI should ask Kavanaugh, that the Dems were too respectful (scared?) to ask:

If we interview a dozen of your friends and associates from high school, college, and law school, will they support your statement that you never blacked-out? Never drank so much that you became drunk? Stuck only to beer? Always behaved respectfully while drinking?

If these people disagree with your characterizations of your drinking habits, would they be lying? All of them? Every single one is lying, and you?re the sole truth teller?

If we interview a dozen of your friends and associates from high school, college, and law school, will they support your definitions of:

FFFFFourth of July
Devil?s Triangle
Boof
Renate Alum

If they disagree with your definitions, and universally agree these are all sexual terms, would they all be lying?

If we interview a dozen of your friends and associates from high school, college, and law school, will they support your characterization of yourself as a virgin well beyond high school?

morekaos said:
Who cares? He will be seated by 48:52 margin. End of circus

I'm Cares.  8)

Either way are you literally saying you don't care if he did or did not do anything? You don't care enough to want to know if there is any substance behind these women's accusations? If that's your belief/stance I honestly hope in the future something terrible happens to you and no one will care either.

As far as I?m concerned this didn?t happen. I listen to her testimony she did not put forward one piece of  corroborative evidence to back up her story. If she even had one person or witness I might give her the benefit of the doubt but her story is full of holes just not believable and it?s not enough to sink  someone?s entire career and ruin their life.

If you think I am callous wait until this guy is seated next week and watch all the caring dems discard this women like yesterday?s newspaper because she will have lost her usefulness. Ask in a week who cares and then the answer will be...no one

Well, why Ford and the countless other protestors, are not concerned about the collateral damages to the wife and daughters, who are really the innocent parties here?

Don't tell me that Ford waited till this time since she thought that his previous behavior is not suitable only for the Supreme Court Justice position.  By the way do anyone think his past behavior is the one that is going to govern his actions as Supreme Court Justice instead of his ideology? Will Democrats/Ford ready to accept a nominee with same ideologies as Kavanaugh but without a checkered past?

By not acting at the time of the incident or even a little later , don't they lose their right to bring it up this now?  After all, if they had brought it up before, may be his wife wouldn't have married him, may be his daughters wouldn't have been born.  Why should they be subjected to this revelation now?  Anyone concerned how this will affect the daughters life?

People can be very sincere in their belief about something that is completely untrue. I believe the Dems found such a person in Dr. Ford. If your job involves reviewing surveliance camera footage, for example if you are in the insurance or legal industry, you know about this common phenomenon.

I have seen dozens of cases where people will claim with 100% certainty (hours after the incident, not 36 years later) that the other car backed into them. But the surveliance camera footage shows they actually accellerated into the other car. The person making the claim is not a liar or uncredibe, on the contrary, they are very credible and sincere. However, they just believe something happened that didn't actually happen. Memory and pereception are not reliable so credibility is not evidence of anything.

Perspective said:
Sorry, I was neither trying to win that election, nor was Garland my boy. I voted for the least worst candidate, as I do in every election. For the first time in my adult life, the least worst presidential candidate was Clinton in 2016.

Here?s what the FBI should ask Kavanaugh, that the Dems were too respectful (scared?) to ask:

If we interview a dozen of your friends and associates from high school, college, and law school, will they support your statement that you never blacked-out? Never drank so much that you became drunk? Stuck only to beer? Always behaved respectfully while drinking?

If these people disagree with your characterizations of your drinking habits, would they be lying? All of them? Every single one is lying, and you?re the sole truth teller?

If we interview a dozen of your friends and associates from high school, college, and law school, will they support your definitions of:

FFFFFourth of July
Devil?s Triangle
Boof
Renate Alum

If they disagree with your definitions, and universally agree these are all sexual terms, would they all be lying?

If we interview a dozen of your friends and associates from high school, college, and law school, will they support your characterization of yourself as a virgin well beyond high school?

So if the FBI finds no dirt does Kavanaugh have a libel and defamation claim against Dr. Ford?

Happiness said:
People can be very sincere in their belief about something that is completely untrue. I believe the Dems found such a person in Dr. Ford. If your job involves reviewing surveliance camera footage, for example if you are in the insurance or legal industry, you know about this common phenomen.

I have seen dozens of cases where people will claim with 100% certainty (hours after the incident, not 36 years later) that the other car backed into them. But the surveliance camera footage shows they actually accellerated into the other car. The person making the claim is not a liar or uncredibe, on the contrary, they are very credible and sincere. However, they just believe something happened that didn't actually happen. Memory and pereception are not reliable so credibility is not evidence of anything.

Hack answer is ?I believe the preppy douchbag who is screaming and insulting other women congresswomen while sober?

Objectivity would say ? you know she seems credible , but hasn?t no solid corroboration yet . He seems passionate but his background and friend circle indicates that this could certainly be a possibility . How about we investigate a little bit more before we give him the highest seat in the judicial system for life ?

We live in the real world ?  If you guys applied your logic in your daily jobs, you would be out of work by now.

morekaos said:
If you think I am callous wait until this guy is seated next week and watch all the caring dems discard this women like yesterday?s newspaper because she will have lost her usefulness. Ask in a week who cares and then the answer will be...no one

She has a masters from Stanford and a PhD from USC, my purple genius . She lives in Palo Alto, a wealthy suburb. She didn?t need to come forward for her 2 minutes of fame like the real housewives of Orange County .

She does not need to be ?used? and ?discarded? . This is the problem w macho misogynists in the GOP . Do you even believe educated women have any free agency ?

fortune11 said:
morekaos said:

She has a masters from Stanford and a PhD from USC, my purple genius . She lives in Palo Alto, a wealthy suburb. She didn?t need to come forward for her 2 minutes of fame like the real housewives of Orange County .

She does not need to be ?used? and ?discarded? . This is the problem w macho misogynists in the GOP . Do you even believe educated women have any free agency ?

You're right, she didn't have to do this. So why did she? Who put her up to it? I'll wait for Julian Assange to provide the real answer (unless the Dems have switched to burner phones and disappearing ink to make themselves Wikileak proof).

Happiness said:
fortune11 said:

You're right, she didn't have to do this. So why did she? Who put her up to it? I'll wait for Julian Assange to provide the real answer (unless the Dems have switched to burner phones and disappearing ink to make themselves Wikileak proof).

Did you actually read what I said ?  Let me type it in purple to make it more clear :)

Back