Say cheese!

<p>I grew up with Kermit the Frog on TV, but doesn't mean I had the same taste as Ms. Piggy. Thanks for the clarification. </p>

<p>I guess the only justification for someone buying a green colored wall is the following: they bought a place with no front yard, backyard, or any yard for that matter, and wanted their home to have some imitation of having a grass yard.</p>

<p>I am not well versed in the art of Feng Shui, but I have never in my life seen the interior color of a home being so dominant. I can only speak for Korea and Japan, but none of those homes have a dominant color like this. Mostly, they are cream or white, and they are either painted on or wallpapered on to that color.</p>

OC, I am deeply deeply offended

There was a woman who painted her optometry shop (near where I grew up) bright purple and red because of feng shui. The shop was located at the center of town and let's just see the townsfolk weren't too happy.

There was a commercial where someone put a lime green car for sale (maybe it was an EBay ad or something like that?) and a buyer clicked on the ad and said "sweet" and the camera pulled back and the buyer's whole room was electric green. Actually wouldn't that color look fine in a secondary bedroom? It just looks funny in the main living areas.

<p>That color belongs as a secondary color on a Kawasaki. I can't think of anything else.</p>

<p>Maybe a plastic stirrer in a Mojito.</p>

<p>I don't think it's a gay drink. <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34zmlgvslK8">Mo-ji-to</a>... </p>

Wow! how could I have missed this post?

Feng Shui color is applied for balance and harmony. Color are applied to represent the 5 elements of life: metal, water, wood, fire, earth,. These elements are found and sustain all living matters. Productive and destructive cycle could occur in the forward or backward sequence. Metal produces water (pipe or aquaduct), water give life to wood (trees), wood (paper) fuel fire, fire turn matters into ashes(earth or rejuvenate forestry) These are the productive cycles.

Te reversed cycle is the destructive cycle: earth stops fire (pouring sand over a bonfire), fire destroys wood, wood absorb water (paper towel), and water destroy metal (rust)

Each of the elements represents knowledge, health, prosperity, fame, and relationship. Color is painted in certain wall to promote the element lacking in ones life. Chinese parent often paint the children’s bedroom or study room the color of knowledge.

I can not say much about the lime green (the color of cash.) The seller is definitely lacking cash and the color will further it’s destruction on to the seller. (sarcasm)

Green is certainly the color of of cash in the US, but this may not be the case in other countries.

Could it be that the seller is a <em>FIRE</em> person and s/he needs more fuel because green is the color of wood/plant?

Back