Save the Memorial Park! Vote No on Measure B ballot June 5th

someguy said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
People are actually selling so it?s not classified as entertainment.

Haha. Do you think people are selling because of BTB? Does he have that much power in the city of Irvine?

Based on BTB's apparent ability to move markets and influence votes, I bet he would have a shot at city council.  How about it BTB?  Let's get some mailers going to promote BTB, YF, and BB to take three seats on the city council.

Exactly. He is a social media mogul that specializes in Real estate and marketing.

someguy said:
Mety said:
eyephone said:
People are actually selling so it?s not classified as entertainment.

Haha. Do you think people are selling because of BTB? Does he have that much power in the city of Irvine?

Based on BTB's apparent ability to move markets and influence votes, I bet he would have a shot at city council.  How about it BTB?  Let's get some mailers going to promote BTB, YF, and BB to take three seats on the city council.

Think of this way. How much money was spent in favor of prop B?

Belly took it on and won.

Irvinecommuter said:
Mety said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Soylent Green Is People said:
Irvinecommuter:

BYB's comment has little to do with MAGA but everything to do with SNARK.

I am still trying find out what he is trying to say.  I get that he is against Measure B and is celebrating that it was defeated but everything else is puzzling.

Still haven't figured out what BTB is all about?
Come on. I bet you were on this forum longer than me and you should have known by long ago what he's talking about.

BTB does not support 5P beacuse they built homes on top of former superfund sites, and yet not giving a discount but asking the residents to pay the ridiculous amount of MR and people are falling for it. His arguments with Delano, OH and all those TIC homes are mere exmaples to support his point. He simply wants to help you stop buying into the agenda disguised with "Happiness starts here at GP" while there are so much political and moral issues going on behind.

I don't think TIC is any better becuase they are after all a company seeking for your money, but at least they will have better ROI down the road for you to enjoy.

Seems like a lot of effort to distinguish TIC from 5P when essentially they're are same.  I like TIC planning better but 5P got screwed a number of times by the state and then Irvine.

If by "5P got screwed a number of times by the state and then Irvine" you meant to say "5P's greed backfired", then I agree with you:
Cemetery - 5P could have done the strawberry field swap with the city before 2014 but probably hoped the cemetery would somehow not happen so they didn't want to give up valuable commercial property prematurely.
Homeless Encampment - 5P could have allowed the county to build hotel/retail near the GPN but they didn't want the competition so they instigated a lawsuit arguing the land was for government use only without realizing the law considers a homeless encampmennt to be government use.

Happiness said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Mety said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Irvinecommuter:

I am still trying find out what he is trying to say.  I get that he is against Measure B and is celebrating that it was defeated but everything else is puzzling.

Come on. I bet you were on this forum longer than me and you should have known by long ago what he's talking about.

BTB does not support 5P beacuse they built homes on top of former superfund sites, and yet not giving a discount but asking the residents to pay the ridiculous amount of MR and people are falling for it. His arguments with Delano, OH and all those TIC homes are mere exmaples to support his point. He simply wants to help you stop buying into the agenda disguised with "Happiness starts here at GP" while there are so much political and moral issues going on behind.

I don't think TIC is any better becuase they are after all a company seeking for your money, but at least they will have better ROI down the road for you to enjoy.

Seems like a lot of effort to distinguish TIC from 5P when essentially they're are same.  I like TIC planning better but 5P got screwed a number of times by the state and then Irvine.

If by "5P got screwed a number of times by the state and then Irvine" you meant to say "5P's greed backfired", then I agree with you:
Cemetery - 5P could have done the strawberry field swap with the city before 2014 but probably hoped the cemetery would somehow not happen so they didn't want to give up valuable commercial property prematurely.
Homeless Encampment - 5P could have allowed the county to build hotel/retail near the GPN but they didn't want the competition so they instigated a lawsuit arguing the land was for government use only without realizing the law considers a homeless encampmennt to be government use.

No...5p's plans got screwed by the state when the State took back the redevelopment fund.  They lost something like $1.4 billion.
http://www.latimes.com/tn-dpt-me-0913-rda-settlement-20140912-story.html

The Strawberry field was not an option because it was not owned by the city.  Timeline also seems really truncated.  Also not sure why the timing of the proposal is a concern.  Personally, I think the strawberry field location is a better location for the purposes of a memorial.

That's actually a lawsuit initiated by Irvine and then joined by 5P.  Irvine is the one fighting with the County...and then the County basically threatened to put the homeless encampment there. 

Burn That Belly said:
eyephone said:
eyephone said:
Since we are talking about PP in GP. What?s up with the Parsol Park Zip Line?
Zip line at Parsol Park (someone uploaded a video on YouTube, not my account)

That zip line looks really fun. Seriously. I'd like to try it myself.

Makes me want to own a home there now, they got all the best toys there.

Oh wait, just remembered, it's free and open to the public. No rent-a-cop out there asking for proof-of-GP residency. I can take the $7000 in MR and put it towards a BMW 5series lease car payment.  ;D
Just like the beach is free, and saves me $10M for a beach front property? Yay
Well, I don?t think people who skipped buying at GP because of toxic land will be using the free and open amenities anyways.

Burn That Belly said:
AW said:
Burn That Belly said:
eyephone said:
eyephone said:

Oh wait, just remembered, it's free and open to the public. No rent-a-cop out there asking for proof-of-GP residency. I can take the $7000 in MR and put it towards a BMW 5series lease car payment.  ;D
Well, I don?t think people who skipped buying at GP because of toxic land will be using the free and open amenities anyways.

Yeah they do. And they sure as heck ain't paying no mello-fricken doo-doos.

227 Reviews + (More who didn't review) https://www.yelp.com/biz/orange-county-great-park-irvine?osq=Irvine+Great+Park

Another 309+ Google Reviewshttps://www.google.com/maps/place/O...dac0a!8m2!3d33.6734226!4d-117.7458483!9m1!1b1

You are using Yelp and Google reviews to decide whether people are buying real estate at a location?  I barely use those for restaurants.

Burn That Belly said:
AW said:
Burn That Belly said:
eyephone said:
eyephone said:

227 Reviews + (More who didn't review) https://www.yelp.com/biz/orange-county-great-park-irvine?osq=Irvine+Great+Park

Another 309+ Google Reviewshttps://www.google.com/maps/place/O...dac0a!8m2!3d33.6734226!4d-117.7458483!9m1!1b1
Lol. Not the same thing. I said for the people who opted not to buy in GP because of fear of toxicity like your next door neighbors.
A lot of those reviews are from out of towners visiting or people just looking for things to do, like going to the beach or hiking.

Irvinecommuter said:
Happiness said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Mety said:
Irvinecommuter said:
Irvinecommuter:

No...5p's plans got screwed by the state when the State took back the redevelopment fund.  They lost something like $1.4 billion.
http://www.latimes.com/tn-dpt-me-0913-rda-settlement-20140912-story.html

The Strawberry field was not an option because it was not owned by the city.  Timeline also seems really truncated.  Also not sure why the timing of the proposal is a concern.  Personally, I think the strawberry field location is a better location for the purposes of a memorial.

That's actually a lawsuit initiated by Irvine and then joined by 5P.  Irvine is the one fighting with the County...and then the County basically threatened to put the homeless encampment there.
The City sued the County pursuant to an agreement with 5P. Besides, why would the City do something against its interests: lots of occupancy and sales taxes from hotel/retail vs. zilch from new DMV branch office.

Burn That Belly said:
AW said:
Burn That Belly said:
AW said:
Burn That Belly said:
eyephone said:
eyephone said:

Lol. Not the same thing. I said for the people who opted not to buy in GP because of fear of toxicity like your next door neighbors.
A lot of those reviews are from out of towners visiting or people just looking for things to do, like going to the beach or hiking.

I don't think a whole lot of people have a fear of toxicity at GP. But there's certainly a fear of ghouls and demons.

npibc6-b88423620z.120150605220034000gh7a5clf.10.jpg
https://www.ocregister.com/2015/06/...ld-create-bad-feng-shui-hurt-property-values/

Belly - You found the picture. (the og group)

Jmoney - this was the picture I was talking about.

Burn That Belly said:
AW said:
Burn That Belly said:
AW said:
Burn That Belly said:
eyephone said:
eyephone said:

I don't think a whole lot of people have a fear of toxicity at GP. But there's certainly a fear of ghouls and demons.

npibc6-b88423620z.120150605220034000gh7a5clf.10.jpg
https://www.ocregister.com/2015/06/...ld-create-bad-feng-shui-hurt-property-values/
Aren't those folks there in that pic are from PavPark/GP like yaliu and such?

But there's certainly a fear of ghouls and demons
That's funny, because...
U491P886T15D45545F104DT20140808151446-e1472586820192.jpg

are the throwing TIC gang signs, haha

U491P886T15D45545F104DT20140808151446-e1472586820192.jpg

are the throwing TIC gang signs, haha
[/quote]

I had a nightmare based on this picture.  Can someone please explain WTF is going on here and why one of them has their face covered up but is exposing their arms and legs? 

Attachments

• sleestack.jpg
    sleestack.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 66
Happiness said:
The City sued the County pursuant to an agreement with 5P. Besides, why would the City do something against its interests: lots of occupancy and sales taxes from hotel/retail vs. zilch from new DMV branch office.

There is no "agreement" to sue.  City gets more direct benefit from 5p's plans.  OC's efforts mean more competition for dollars.  The land that OC is building on is not Irvine land...it's county land.  So Irvine gets stuck with the traffic but very little benefit.

Back