Save The Date For The Nov. 6 Village Grand Opening Of Stonegate East In Irvine

Cherlyn

Join the festivities and be among the first guests to tour six new professionally decorated models at the Los Altos and Capistrano neighborhoods by Irvine Pacific?.

There's lots to do at the 11/6 Village Grand Opening from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. You can enjoy lunch from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. provided by Panera Bread & The Flame Broiler and tour six new model homes. There will also be face painting & fun activities for the kids.

Cherlyn said:
There's lots to do at the 11/6 Village Grand Opening from 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. You can enjoy lunch from 11 a.m. - 3 p.m. provided by Panera Bread & The Flame Broiler and tour six new model homes. There will also be face painting & fun activities for the kids.
Sweet, I'll be sure to drop by between my showings of resale homes.  >=)

Starlight said:
Mark your calendar for Saturday, November 6th, as the Village of Stonegate East celebrates its long-awaited Grand Opening! Tour six professionally decorated model homes at Los Altos & Capistrano. Plus, be sure to bring your friends and family and enjoy lunch from two of Woodbury? Town Center?s fabulous restaurants, Panera Bread and The Flame Broiler, from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.! This is a celebration you won?t want to miss.
http://www2.villagesofirvine.com/mk/get/SGE003?_EC=AnPGh4r71VUGVIrwKdJUjE
I heart free food!

Here are the latest prices for both Los Altos & Capistrano in Stonegate East:

Los Altos--Phase 3 pricing
Total HOA $261
(Master HOA $125 and Sub HOA $136)
Overall effective tax rate ~1.8%
(Base 1.05%, AD tax $1611, CFD tax $1700, Other tax $149)

Residence One (2 bd, 2.5 bath) 1468 sqft
Homesite 23 $455,500

Residence Two (3 bd, 2.5 bath) 1528 sqft
Homesite 22 $485,500
Homesite 26 $487,500

Residence Three (3 bd, 2.5 bath) 1678-1687 sqft
Homesite 27 $515,500
Homesite 21 $520,500
Homesite 24 $519,500

Capistrano--Phase 2 pricing
Total HOA $245
(Master HOA $125 and Sub HOA $120)
Total effective tax rate ~ 1.7%
(Base tax 1.05%, AD tax $1725, CFD tax $1700, Other tax $149)

Residence One (3 bd, 2.5 bath) 1823 sqft
Homesite 34 $545,500
Homesite 46 $545,500

Residence Two (4 bd, 2.5 bath) 1904 sqft
Homesite 33 $565,500
Homesite 35 $565,500
Homesite 45 $565,500
Homesite 47 $565,500

Residence Three (4 bd, 3 bath) 1956 sqft
Homesite 32 $600,500
Homesite 36 $635,500
Homesite 48 $597,500

Yes, I went around 10:45am.  Hardly anyone there at that time.  Got a goodie bag with pamphlets/brochures and some coupons  (I tossed the coupons since I don't go to any of the stores offering them).  I also got a free wallgreens pen and a small calculator and got a flame broiler meal (which was great!)

As to the model homes, I thought the layout of the floorplans and the interior decoration were very nice.  The main floor great room felt kinda cramped though and definitely the price for what you get (including high HOA for a tiny common area with minimal amenities and high mello roos plus being attached) was high. 

The place started getting crowded around 11:20am (Just as I was leaving).  80% of the people I saw there were Asian, most with their parents. 

jumpcut said:
Cherlyn said:

Cherlyn, I'm there!  But just be aware that locolocal will think SE is always too dense & crowded based on the traffic at your grand opening.

I went and it wasn't crowded at all.  I like the feeling of Stonegate East much better than Woodbury even if I don't like the name.  That was smart of them to have a huge parking lot out front.  It made all the difference in the world being able to avoid the crazy drivers who were trying to be the first one to dump their truckload of cash at the sales office.

You had a real nice view of the freeway from the Los Altos demo plans. You can hear the freeway from both plans but especially from the Los Altos side.

In terms of the Capistrano, I liked Plan 2 alot. I liked it better than Casero plan 2 which I have my eye on. But $600k for an attached house 50-100 yards from the freeway, no thank you, I will pass.

If they had Capistrano plan 2 in PS at the same price, I would be running to it.

The same TIC playbook--1st the big Grand Opening with freebies, now here comes the Erika Chavez article in the Register......your high MR and HOA are feeding into the master planned PR  :)

-------------------------------------------
OC Register:http://irvinehomes.ocregister.com/2010/11/06/newest-irvine-home-sales-off-to-strong-start/15384/
Newest Irvine home sales off to strong start
November 6th, 2010, 8:00 am ? 25 Comments ? posted by Erika Chavez, Staff Writer

Are you hoping to buy a home today when Irvine?s newest community is unveiled?
Get in line.

Pre-sales at the shiny new village of Stonegate East have been so strong that even Irvine Co. bigwigs are surprised.
?We didn?t plan to sell any homes before our grand opening,? said Daniel Young, president of Irvine Co. Community Development. ?We were surprised by the early adapters who were ready to buy, sight unseen.?
Young describes Stonegate East as an ?attainable? community targeted at members of Generation Y who are ready to buy their first home or move up from their first condo. What does he mean by ?attainable,? you ask?

At Los Altos, which offers smaller townhomes ranging from 1,468 to 1,687 square feet, prices start at $455,500. Three phases were released before today?s grand opening, and 18 homes have already been sold.

At Capistrano, which features paired homes ranging from 1,823 to 1,956 square feet, prices start at $545,500. There, 13 homes are under contract. Buyers did not see the finished model homes that will be unveiled to the public today, Young said; instead, they made do with ?dusty boots? tours of the homes under construction.

Young credits the community?s early success to those aforementioned ?attainable? prices? and also the ?best interest rates ever? and carefully researched design. Since diving back into the home building business last January and being greeted with wild success, the Irvine Co. has conducted extensive surveys in order to fine-tune the homes they will build and sell over the next several years.

The result: townhomes that feel like detached homes thanks to large windows and proper back yards. ?Great rooms? that merge the kitchen and family room. Larger bedrooms and bathtubs, big kitchen islands and built-in desks that will serve as a household hub for homework, bill-paying and more. Covered patios that extend the indoor living space outdoors.
What you won?t find: fireplaces, formal living rooms and separate dining rooms.

Wider hallways and stairwells create a "single-family" feel, Young said.
Young said that while the first seven communities built in 2010 attracted mostly local buyers, interest has now expanded to residents of north and coastal Orange County and even L.A. County.
?We think it?s because of the publicity we received, and the fact that no one else is building out there,? Young said.

Stonegate East will eventually include 263 homes and a neighborhood park and pool. It is located off Sand Canyon Avenue, near the corner of Irvine Blvd.

What do you think? Will you be checking out this new community? Will these strong sales continue? What do you think of the pricing, location and amenities? Weigh in!

----------------------------------------------

iacrenter said:
The same TIC playbook--1st the big Grand Opening with freebies, now here comes the Erika Chavez article in the Register......your high MR and HOA are feeding into the master planned PR  :)
Funny how she doesn't mention the noise of Sand Canyon, the toll road, and Irvine Blvd that you won't be able to escape because Stonegate East is so small.

rickr said:
You had a real nice view of the freeway from the Los Altos demo plans. You can hear the freeway from both plans but especially from the Los Altos side.

In terms of the Capistrano, I liked Plan 2 alot. I liked it better than Casero plan 2 which I have my eye on. But $600k for an attached house 50-100 yards from the freeway, no thank you, I will pass.

If they had Capistrano plan 2 in PS at the same price, I would be running to it.
If both Los Altos and Capistrano were in PS, you would surely see higher pricing for those units. Maybe higher MR too. Just b/c they are in such a terrible location, TIC prices these community even lower than WE to make them attractive. I got an email from TIC they sold 20 units even before grand opening. If you want to buy TIC product, there is no bargain!

irvinehomeowner said:
What is an "early adapter"?

It's a marketing term for a type of consumer.  Typically "early adapters" have a higher risk tolerance as is inferred by his comment. 

It is a very clever move, but it is misleading in that buyers for the models at Stonegate East are hardly first-movers and these products are already very similar to existing offerings in the other local villages.

-IR2

lcms2002 said:
rickr said:

If both Los Altos and Capistrano were in PS, you would surely see higher pricing for those units. Maybe higher MR too. Just b/c they are in such a terrible location, TIC prices these community even lower than WE to make them attractive. I got an email from TIC they sold 20 units even before grand opening. If you want to buy TIC product, there is no bargain!
Totally agree here.  Portola Springs is a much better location than Stonegate East.  I still can't believe they are going to cram all those homes onto that small little piece of land.  They should have built a small little retail center there. 

The location is a killer for Stonegate East.  Literally, you can walk from Sand Canyon to the Tollroad in less than a minute.  The noise is one thing, but the smog, soot, and dust will be endless.

jumpcut said:
An "early adopter," however, is a person who quickly adopts something new?usually a technological innovation. If you just have to rush out and buy the latest and coolest gadget, you?re an early adopter.
Yeah... it was either a misquote/mishear or Dan Young is suffering from Vizzini-itis.

Or maybe it means "sheeple"?

Irvine2Irvine said:
The location is a killer for Stonegate East.  Literally, you can walk from Sand Canyon to the Tollroad in less than a minute.  The noise is one thing, but the smog, soot, and dust will be endless.

I have a feeling that at least some homebuyers that jumped now into SGE will eventually wish they waited, once SG builds out with all the residences, parks and amenities with it.

Back