Saratoga Landscaping - Approved Plans - Work Underway

lucky said:
@irvinehomeowner - Thank you. I thought you were referring to yourself as Homie, but from this comment it sounds like that's your significant other. That's cute. (And it makes me think of Homie the Clown from In Living Color.)
Man... I'm laughing so hard... I forget the new posters don't have the benefit of history (or knowledge of past user names).

My significant other is actually test (heh).

Homie is FREDDIE, who used to be T A C O C A T, who used to be H O M E R, who used to be Homer Simpson. I guess you can say he's technically my TalkIrvine BFF because he's the one of the few who've met me in person and brought donuts. His mancard is currently suspended which is why I made that crying comment.

Sorry for the confusion. I like Ben Folds (from The Sing Off) so I'll check that album out... thanks.

Thanks for the movie!  I was watching it this morning in bed and I chuckled out loud at the thought of watching a movie about someone's backyard with that music.  My wife was like, "What are you watching?" to which I replied, "You will never guess."  She then shazamed the music, haha. 

Coleman said:
Thanks for the movie!  I was watching it this morning in bed and I chuckled out loud at the thought of watching a movie about someone's backyard with that music.  My wife was like, "What are you watching?" to which I replied, "You will never guess."  She then shazamed the music, haha.

I'm glad you appreciated the juxtaposition.  8)

Is there a way to set up an alert whenever 'lucky' post a thread on TalkIrvine? Don't wanna miss any of his post. I'M a FHB and ppl like 'lucky' contributely immensely to this forum.

Happy for you, lucky. Enjoy your home with this fantabulous landscaped backyard.

Lucky,

Wow you're yard came out as good as I could have thought. How do I score tickets for a tour? I'm not close to closing (Nov) but as that time nears, I'd love to take a look at your yard in person.

Lucky,
I  was  really  hoping  to  like John,  but it  doesn't seem  like  its  going  to  happen. I  decided  to  contact John  to see  if  we  could  schedule a  time  for  him  to  come out  and  give  me  an  an  estimate.  We  decided to meet  this past Saturday  at 10 am.  He  sounded  nice on  the  phone  and  since I  read  glowing  reviews I was  actually  looking forward  to  seeing  what  he  could  come  up  for our  back  yard. Saturday 10 am  came  and  went so I  was  thinking  maybe  he's  running a  bit  late  but it  would  have  been  nice  to  get a  phone  call. Then , 1030 am  came  and  went  at  which point I decided  to  find out  what  was  going  on.  When I  spoke  to John,  he said  somehow  the office  had  mixed  up  the  paperwork  and  he  didn't  know  how  my  time  slot  got  mixed  up  but  since  he  was  in Diamond  bar he probably  wouldn't  be  able  to  make  it  to Irvine  until  that  evening. I was a  little  disappointed at the excuse  but  decided  to  give  him a  chance  to  come out  and  redeem  himself  and  maybe I  would  love  his  ideas  and  hire  him  on  the  spot.  No  such  luck. The  evening  rolled  up  and  we  didn't see John nor  did  we  receive a  phone call  from  him. I  wanted  to  like  him.  Its  just  not  professional  to  not  show up or  call. I  certainly  do  not  want  to  hire a  landscaper who  doesn't  show  up.  still  on  the  hunt  for a  landscaper.

akap said:
Lucky,
I  was  really  hoping  to  like John,  but it  doesn't seem  like  its  going  to  happen. I  decided  to  contact John  to see  if  we  could  schedule a  time  for  him  to  come out  and  give  me  an  an  estimate.  We  decided to meet  this past Saturday  at 10 am.  He  sounded  nice on  the  phone  and  since I  read  glowing  reviews I was  actually  looking forward  to  seeing  what  he  could  come  up  for our  back  yard. Saturday 10 am  came  and  went so I  was  thinking  maybe  he's  running a  bit  late  but it  would  have  been  nice  to  get a  phone  call. Then , 1030 am  came  and  went  at  which point I decided  to  find out  what  was  going  on.  When I  spoke  to John,  he said  somehow  the office  had  mixed  up  the  paperwork  and  he  didn't  know  how  my  time  slot  got  mixed  up  but  since  he  was  in Diamond  bar he probably  wouldn't  be  able  to  make  it  to Irvine  until  that  evening. I was a  little  disappointed at the excuse  but  decided  to  give  him a  chance  to  come out  and  redeem  himself  and  maybe I  would  love  his  ideas  and  hire  him  on  the  spot.  No  such  luck. The  evening  rolled  up  and  we  didn't see John nor  did  we  receive a  phone call  from  him. I  wanted  to  like  him.  Its  just  not  professional  to  not  show up or  call. I  certainly  do  not  want  to  hire a  landscaper who  doesn't  show  up.  still  on  the  hunt  for a  landscaper.

Oh, geez. I'm so sorry to hear that. It's definitely very surprising, but it doesn't sound like an issue of a missed voicemail or anything. I haven't had such a horrible experience with him, but I have with many others, so I totally understand your not wanting to deal with him. That's a bummer. :( It's always a scary proposition to vouch for someone only to have them do wrong. I really didn't think that would happen with him.

Thanks Lucky but it isn't your fault.  I'm glad your yard came out nice and your experience with John was all positive.  Thanks for your posts they have been helpful.

akap said:
Lucky,

That's what happens when they are "busy". They ignore you and give you the run around.  However, if you told him you wanted an estimate for top of the line landscaping (waterfall, water mist, built in patio, built in bbq) I bet he would of came to see you ASAP.

Don't worry - there are many landscapers to choose from. Besides he charges a lot for his services.

lol... unfortunately  built  in  barbecue  is  just  not  in  the  budget. oh  well I guess  we  will  have  to keep looking.  Any  suggestions  of  the good  ones eyephone?

Patrick May Landscape Design

www.pmld.net

B1.jpg

S5.jpg

-IR2

ours  is  not  any  bigger  so  he'll  probably pass  on us too... oh  tbe  joys  of  living  in Irvine.

Back