San Mateo 3 or San Remo 1?

jamboreedude said:
Drove from Laguna Altura to Laguna Beach yesterday and it took less than 15 minutes from the 133. Not bad.
Isn't that what the sales/marketing material says... "Irvine?s premier community minutes from Laguna Beach and miles from the expected."

Although you must have been driving slow, according to these homeowners... it's only 10 minutes away:
TIC Email Blast said:
"When we visited Laguna Altura, we absolutely loved the phenomenal location. It is suburban in that we are so close to Irvine Spectrum and the Jamboree area, and 10 minutes from Laguna Beach, yet it is very quiet and serene - every day it feels like you are on a vacation."
- Eric & Jessica Nicastro, San Remo Homeowner

jamboreedude said:
Drove from Laguna Altura to Laguna Beach yesterday and it took less than 15 minutes from the 133. Not bad.

haha if u ever see me walking arnd with my ron artest world chaos jersey, definitely give me a hollar... we dont have to do the no paints tai chi thing... but if u play chinese chess, ill be so down for a game... ill bring some 85c drinks n bread :)

irvinehomeowner said:
jamboreedude said:
Isn't that what the sales/marketing material says... "Irvine?s premier community minutes from Laguna Beach and miles from the expected."

Although you must have been driving slow, according to these homeowners... it's only 10 minutes away:
TIC Email Blast said:
"When we visited Laguna Altura, we absolutely loved the phenomenal location. It is suburban in that we are so close to Irvine Spectrum and the Jamboree area, and 10 minutes from Laguna Beach, yet it is very quiet and serene - every day it feels like you are on a vacation."

that stuff is a bunch of lies... depends on whether or not there are any cars on the 133... after awhile it narrows down to one lane so if ur stuck behind a slow poke, ur screwed... at night i can probably do it in 5 minutes since i drive like a crazy maniac... but during the day, EASILY 20-30 minutes...

world chaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:
jamboreedude said:

TIC Email Blast said:

that stuff is a bunch of lies... depends on whether or not there are any cars on the 133... after awhile it narrows down to one lane so if ur stuck behind a slow poke, ur screwed... at night i can probably do it in 5 minutes since i drive like a crazy maniac... but during the day, EASILY 20-30 minutes...
Wait till they open up Lake Forest Drive up to the 133, that's gonna create a huge log jam during the peak commuting times near Lake Forest Drive/133/405....not gonna be fun getting in and out of LA.

lol... u guys are on crack... the WORST traffic in irvine... is still better than the BEST in los angeles...

with that said, ive never seen 405/133 turn red on googlemaps or sigalert ever... (i actually monitored it for 3 months b4 i signed the PA)

whateves... more cars = more ppl moving into irvine n surrounding neighborhoods = greater price appreciation for real estate...  if any buyer hasnt thought this far n just looked at face value, i wouldnt recommend them buying in LA either then...

u guys r starting to sound like broken records... reminds me of yahoo stock message boards without the humor usually involved... =_=... lame

irvinehomeowner said:
jamboreedude said:

TIC Email Blast said:

I drove at about 40-43 miles an hour going down that road yesterday. Yes, I am a slow one.

its ok... FCB's dont go 5mph on their ferrari's to show off their car... its to show off the "er nai" mistress sitting on the passenger side... gwailo will never understand...

world chaos said:
jamboreedude said:

haha if u ever see me walking arnd with my ron artest world chaos jersey, definitely give me a hollar... we dont have to do the no paints tai chi thing... but if u play chinese chess, ill be so down for a game... ill bring some 85c drinks n bread :)

You bet! We can play a game of hoops too. I am no jeremy lin though.  ???

wait lol... but according to motor court... ur supposed to look down on me and not associate with the likes of san remo!!!

WHATS GOING ON!@#!  I THINK YOU JUST SHATTERED THE GLASS CEILING LIKE ROSA PARKS!!! ITS LIKE THE FIRST FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN A BLACK DUDE AND A WHITE DUDE DURING SEGREGATION!!!

OMG@#!#@! WHATS GOING ON IM SO CONFUSED!!!

The Motor Court Company said:
checked out Laguna Altura again this past Saturday - for the new "view" park. So glad we did not choose LA because we were reminded how noisy this whole community can get. I cannot imagine buying a house and forced to shut off my windows all the time because the noise from 405 and 133 are so deafening. Frankly even if it is free, I will not live this close to the freeways. Only hobos live this close to freeways.

Just out of curiosity, where did you end up buying?

USCTrojanCPA said:
world chaos said:
irvinehomeowner said:
jamboreedude said:

TIC Email Blast said:

Wait till they open up Lake Forest Drive up to the 133, that's gonna create a huge log jam during the peak commuting times near Lake Forest Drive/133/405....not gonna be fun getting in and out of LA.

www.googlemaps.com the intersection of the 405/103, go to traffic, then on the bottom corner where the "green-yellow-red" key is, click change... select any day of the week and use the slidebar to see the entire days traffic activity...

guarantee u no "red" days... only "yellow" which means 25-50mph (http://support.google.com/maps/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=61455) ... u call that traffic? =_=

what are u talking about "traffic"?? u mean like los angeles style bumper to bumper? no i havent experienced that ONCE in irvine... my gf and i were like going 15mph on jamboree during rush hour n we chuckled cause we were like "so i guess this is irvine traffic"... lawl... if going 25-50mph concerns u, then honestly yeah.... PLEASE DO NOT BUY AT LAGUNA ALTURA... THIS DEVELOPMENT IS TOO MIDDLE CLASS FOR YOUR FERARRI!!! APOLOGIES IN ADVANCE ;)

Stonegate, within 2 miles of the landfill radius...
Stonegate is not on the top of my list but I just want to experience living in a new construction and have my finger crossed that the landfill is not leaking before I can sell the house. I will probably get a resale in the West Park area or in one of the Turtles after the new home experience is over.

No odors yet but it is a pretty quiet neighborhood (with the exception of construction of course..) - cannot really hear the major streets and 133 with half of the master bedroom windows open. Comparing to my Saturday afternoon visit to LA, I woke up Sunday morning late and felt very peaceful and relaxed.

My only complaint so far about SG is the detached homes here are selling way too fast (I'd like to enjoy all the park, BBQ and pools by myself...skinny dipping in the pool :) ) and not a lot of racial diversity.

IrvineHomeBuyer said:
checked out Laguna Altura again this past Saturday - for the new "view" park. So glad we did not choose LA because we were reminded how noisy this whole community can get. I cannot imagine buying a house and forced to shut off my windows all the time because the noise from 405 and 133 are so deafening. Frankly even if it is free, I will not live this close to the freeways. Only hobos live this close to freeways.

Stonegate, within 2 miles of the landfill radius...
Stonegate is not on the top of my list but I just want to experience living in a new construction and have my finger crossed that the landfill is not leaking before I can sell the house. I will probably get a resale in the West Park area or in one of the Turtles after the new home experience is over.

No odors yet but it is a pretty quiet neighborhood (with the exception of construction of course..) - cannot really hear the major streets and 133 with half of the master bedroom windows open. Comparing to my Saturday afternoon visit to LA, I woke up Sunday morning late and felt very peaceful and relaxed.

My only complaint so far about SG is the detached homes here are selling way too fast (I'd like to enjoy all the park, BBQ and pools by myself...skinny dipping in the pool :) ) and not a lot of racial diversity.

IrvineHomeBuyer said:

stonegates pretty awesome man... i was about to pull the trigger there in 2011...

i just dont really understand where all ur animosity towards laguna altura is coming from =_= ? i mean its almost like its a passion for u... whenever u post about it, its always something condescending or derogatory... i dunno... if it makes u feel better for ppl on the forums to say "stonegate is better then laguna altura" then ill say that for you so you feel better and more secure... cause deep down im a nice guy and i want everybody to be happy... so here goes... just for you... stonegate is better then laguna altura... :) i hope you are a happier man now...

No Laguna Altura is not worse than Stonegate, or some people will argue it is better. At least TIC is charging a premium on LA over SG and I won't bet against TIC.
And to be fair, I did mention the positive things about LA - south of 405, better climate, best schools in Irvine, isolated feeling...etc. I am just not willing to live that close to major freeways and pay a premium to get all of the above.

For a landfill that is not leaking, 1.5~2 miles is acceptable to me.

world chaos said:
i just dont really understand where all ur animosity towards laguna altura is coming from =_= ? i mean its almost like its a passion for u... whenever u post about it, its always something condescending or derogatory... i dunno... if it makes u feel better for ppl on the forums to say "stonegate is better then laguna altura" then ill say that for you so you feel better and more secure... cause deep down im a nice guy and i want everybody to be happy... so here goes... just for you... stonegate is better then laguna altura... :) i hope you are a happier man now...

We also looked at SG and liked it there. SG is way better than LA. Much quieter. The reason we bought LA instead is only for high school and convenience.

No Laguna Altura is not worse than Stonegate, or some people will argue it is better. At least TIC is charging a premium on LA over SG and I won't bet against TIC.
And to be fair, I did mention the positive things about LA - south of 405, better climate, best schools in Irvine, isolated feeling...etc. I am just not willing to live that close to major freeways and pay a premium to get all of the above.

world chaos said:

Had our child been older, it would have been more difficult to say no to University High. But HS is like 10+ years away so no need to worry about HS yet. Northwood is not that bad if we have to settle for less. Again the plan is move to resale for better HS (like the West Park area that is zoned to Uni or one of the Turtles) or bigger lot in the future. I will probably join iho for 3CWG hunt as well (neither LA or SG has 3CWG floor plans).

velbon said:
We also looked at SG and liked it there. SG is way better than LA. Much quieter. The reason we bought LA instead is only for high school and convenience.

world chaos said:

I always prefer to rent in the area I want to purchase before hand so I can get a better feel of which part I like to live, but since we don't have the luxury of doing that, we have to depend on internet research and opinions from friends.

One of my friends that lives in Irvine was telling me Quail Hill/Laguna Altura is too out there, inconvenient and hard to get to, He says Stonegate/Woodbury is a much better location. I would like other opinions regarding the day to day convenience factor of each development, putting aside all the arguments of landfill and freeway.

From what I can see, LA seems more convenient overall.
- Easy access to South Coast Plaza (9 miles) - only takes 12 min
- Spectrum (2 miles)
- Costco (3 miles)
- Ranch 99 (6.5 miles) - further than I'd like
- 85 degree Bakery plaza (7 miles) - only takes 10 min via freeway
- The Market Place (6.7 miles) - 8 min.
- Quail Hill shopping center (not as good as Woodbury town center)

Stonegate
- South Coast Plaza (13 miles) - takes 20 min.
- Spectrum (5 miles)
- Costco (5.3 miles)
- Ranch 99 (4.9 miles)
- 85 degree bakery plaza (7.4 miles) - takes about 15 min.
- The Market Place (4.5 miles) - 12 min. Takes longer to get to than from LA
- Woodbury town center (big plus, better than QH and semi walkable)

Back