San Mateo 3 or San Remo 1?

qwerty said:
homer_simpson said:
Hello neighbor  ;)

ill have to look out for a Fat asian guy on a diet and that brand new X5  - when you see the only mexican guy in the neighborhood walking some dogs around just give me the wink and the gun so i know its you.

Fixed this for ya!

Whens your move in date?

homer_simpson said:
qwerty said:
homer_simpson said:
Hello neighbor  ;)

ill have to look out for a Fat asian guy on a diet and that brand new X5  - when you see the only mexican guy in the neighborhood walking some dogs around just give me the wink and the gun so i know its you.

Fixed this for ya!

Whens your move in date?

December. How bout yours?

IrvineRealtor said:
Congrats, qwerty.  It's a very nice neighborhood, and one Mrs. IR2 and I have considered, as well...

Thanks IR2 - im hoping it gets nicer as they continue to build out the rest of base.  cant wait for the tustin ranch road build out as well as the shopping center on the other side of kensington. once that happens i think the additional neighborhoods, in addition to Standards Pacific's, will pick up some steam and get build out sooner rather than later.

qwerty said:
homer_simpson said:
qwerty said:
homer_simpson said:
Hello neighbor  ;)

Fixed this for ya!

Whens your move in date?

December. How bout yours?

October.. late October now since it was delayed.

IrvineHomeBuyer said:
I always prefer to rent in the area I want to purchase before hand so I can get a better feel of which part I like to live, but since we don't have the luxury of doing that, we have to depend on internet research and opinions from friends.

One of my friends that lives in Irvine was telling me Quail Hill/Laguna Altura is too out there, inconvenient and hard to get to, He says Stonegate/Woodbury is a much better location. I would like other opinions regarding the day to day convenience factor of each development, putting aside all the arguments of landfill and freeway.

From what I can see, LA seems more convenient overall.
- Easy access to South Coast Plaza (9 miles) - only takes 12 min
- Spectrum (2 miles)
- Costco (3 miles)
- Ranch 99 (6.5 miles) - further than I'd like
- 85 degree Bakery plaza (7 miles) - only takes 10 min via freeway
- The Market Place (6.7 miles) - 8 min.
- Quail Hill shopping center (not as good as Woodbury town center)

Stonegate
- South Coast Plaza (13 miles) - takes 20 min.
- Spectrum (5 miles)
- Costco (5.3 miles)
- Ranch 99 (4.9 miles)
- 85 degree bakery plaza (7.4 miles) - takes about 15 min.
- The Market Place (4.5 miles) - 12 min. Takes longer to get to than from LA
- Woodbury town center (big plus, better than QH and semi walkable)

dunno... i just cared if it was close to the nearest hospital for potential emergencies... everything else SG vs LA cant be more then 3-5 min differences so it didnt make any difference to me...

but if you truly want to nit pick, i think LA is closer to the police substation at the spectrum than SG by arnd 2 miles i think and LA is closer to the nearest fire station by 1 mile...

fire station is important for LA cause we are in a high fire zone or something (i remember reading it in the disclosure they gave me and i remember my broker telling me there was a fire arnd QH somewhere along the reserves a year n half ago but the fire dept responded really quick n put it out before it even got close to the residential areas or something like that)

if u do buy in san remo my experience was kind of painful in trying to get the lot i wanted...

the first lot i wanted (lot A), me and my broker already made arrangements to go down to sign papers for that lot, but someone beat us to it an hour before (we stood outside while they were in the room signing them papers)... haha but i forgive him cause i ended up getting another unreleased lot i liked even better...

anyways i got the lot (lot B) i wanted by negotiating/telling the sales in advance i wanted a particular lot before the phase was released, but i made a deposit on another lot (lot C).... and then when the phase released the sales called me on my cell to say if i wanted to jump over to the lot i asked for dibs n that was that...

i really didnt know buying a home required so many twists n turns... god damn asians always fighting over the same lots... =_=..

but high fire zone is a good thing... when the ppl living in the spectrum apartments try to climb up the hill to us... we can set fire to the natural bushes on that small strip of reserve n napalm them... we dont even need our complimentary IP MG.42's at that point...

The Motor Court Company said:
checked out Laguna Altura again this past Saturday - for the new "view" park. So glad we did not choose LA because we were reminded how noisy this whole community can get. I cannot imagine buying a house and forced to shut off my windows all the time because the noise from 405 and 133 are so deafening. Frankly even if it is free, I will not live this close to the freeways. Only hobos live this close to freeways.

i dunno... if i was down in stonegate id be more worried about other things than just closing my windows... id be a bit worried about my proximity to current and future low income housing (section 8 n affordable apt programs)... the amount of low income housing in and arnd stonegate/woodbury is about x3 (300+) of that of QH and LA (120+)... if HOA would allow it, i would probably add some metal bars to my windows k-town style... and then with future development then woodbury/stonegate affordable housing will be even more (250-300+ more future planned in stonegate/woodbury) then that of QH and LA (120+ future planned)... this isnt taking into account future build up in the great park area either so is actually a conservative estimate...
http://www.cityofirvine.org/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=12855
http://www.ci.irvine.ca.us/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=10323

IrvineHomeBuyer said:
The low income housing will add diversity to the area. Good for the kids, not be sheltered to just rich FCBs.

hahaha u mean like manhattan harlem style diversity?... last i checked a few years ago, the um... lets say "diverse" crowd there was all up n arms n picketing bloomberg cause property value increased there so now they cant afford to live there anymore... been happening ever since they built the clinton building around there...  first time i ever heard ppl complain about their homes appreciating in value... kinda odd... LOL

world chaos said:
IrvineHomeBuyer said:
The low income housing will add diversity to the area. Good for the kids, not be sheltered to just rich FCBs.

hahaha u mean like manhattan harlem style diversity?... last i checked a few years ago, the um... lets say "diverse" crowd there was all up n arms n picketing bloomberg cause property value increased there so now they cant afford to live there anymore... been happening ever since they built the clinton building around there...  first time i ever heard ppl complain about their homes appreciating in value... kinda odd... LOL

It's not uncommon in areas where there's an existing long-term population being displaced by an influx of gentrifiers. It's especially the case where the existing population is mostly renters, and in a place like Harlem a significant portion of them are subject to rent control regulations.

All of this is foreign to Irvine, of course. Personally I'd appreciate some more income diversity. And the current strategy of spreading out the units allocated to low income households seems to work better than the older approach of concentrating them.

qwerty said:
irvinehomeowner said:
qwerty said:
gaogi said:
You guys are talking like Target and Costco are an hour drive away.  It's really not that bad from Stonegate taking Irvine Blvd down to Jamboree.  15 mins max if you hit all the red lights.

From Augusta at Columbus Square its only 5 minutes to target and costco.
Dang... I was expecting this from test.

And in other 'testy' news... a bird tells me that Augusta is sold out... qwerty must have bought the last two units for him and his dog.

there comes a time in a mans life where he has to defend his future neighborhood - even if it is a former contaminated marine base where fruits and veggies must be grown above ground.  Last time i was there there was one plan 3 left.  i thought about buying the last two, but i didnt trust the dogs to keep up after themselves.  Plan 1 would have suited us fine, but i really wanted a downstairs bedroom/full bathroom and it was only a two car garage. Plan 2 was also very interesting and it kept growing on us the more we saw it, but still no driveway so we did pull the trigger on a plan 3, i normally would not have bought a home without a garage but the third car garage made up for the lack of a driveway and the home at 3,000 sq feet will give us all of the room we would need for when we have kids.  a special thanks to RKP for sharing the info on the credits etc. that is what sent us back to look at the homes again (we hadnt been there since the opening) then we realized how much we had liked the floorplans from day one.  Another thanks to Martin AKA USCTrojanCPA for putting up with us over the last several years of indecision - but ultimately he is getting paid and we got a friendship out of it so it all worked out in the end.  Ill probably do a post in the near future of the buying experience (from looking outside of irvine and then settling in Tustin).

It really came down to Augusta 3 and Lambert Ranch 1 and Las Ventanas 2, but we didnt think we would get a shot at LR1 since we signed up so late and LV2 was too small for my taste (my wife thought it was fine).  I personally liked the Aug3 floor plan better, my wife liked LR1's layout better but was fine with either.  We love the location of Aug3, it is as central as you can get, bordered by the 55, 5, and 405.  So for commuting to work purposes, if we were to work in irvine we would have a short commute, if we work in other parts of OC, we would likely go against traffic.  I wanted the convenience of having a target/costco nearby as well as other food/takeout options and lastly the bang for the buck - good size home/lot for the price.  The schools are not an issue for us right now since we dont have kids so they wont be an issue for another 5-6 years - we will cross that bridge when we get there and we can always do private school if necessary. 
I am fortunate that we bumped into each other on IHB when you were looking for someone to clean your place and I suggested my mom (who knew we had so much in common).  Getting paid is nice and all, but when I walk away from a transaction knowing that my clients are now my friends that's one of the best parts of being a realtor for me.  I'm looking forward to seeing how you guys upgrade and furnish the home and can't wait for the housewarming party.  :D

Back