San Carlos Court at Portola Springs Coming Soon

irviniteeee

I received an email from William Lyon Homes for San Carlos Court in Portola Springs. I'm guessing because of the success of the New Home Collection they've decided to build out some developments?

Here is a link to the email:

http://bit.ly/9RREZj

I'm just surprised they are building more. I think Portola Springs failed for a reason. It's Remoteness, High Mello-Roos, close proximity to toll-road, just to name a few. Of course, the housing slump didn't help much, either.

That is all very true. I also think the least they could have done was alter the floorplans to fit the new take on Irvine's homes. Better designs and better use of space would have been nice in this neighborhood.

If anything portola springs failed so far only because of starting in 2006 housing slump. Almost all left over homes of Paloma and los arboles etc were selling quite fast since May 2009 untill release of 2010 collection started. In fact they even saw a modest increase of 2% since may 2009 to dec 2009. Didn't help that the big fire happened around the year after they opened.

Now the mello roos has come down too. Although still the highest among WB,WBE & PS.

[quote author="ajw522"]I'm just surprised they are building more. I think Portola Springs failed for a reason. It's Remoteness, High Mello-Roos, close proximity to toll-road, just to name a few. Of course, the housing slump didn't help much, either.[/quote]

[quote author="waitin4ever"] Didn't help that the big fire happened around the year after they opened.
[/quote]

I visited Los Arboles a few days after the Great Fires. I was the only visitor that day according the sales agent. I mentioned my concern about the proximity of the fire to PS and how it might impact sales.

The agent smiled at me and said "Well you don't have to worry about another fire for awhile since it all burned down already."

<!-- s:p -->:p<!-- s:p --> LOL

[quote author="ajw522"]I'm just surprised they are building more. I think Portola Springs failed for a reason. It's Remoteness, High Mello-Roos, close proximity to toll-road, just to name a few. Of course, the housing slump didn't help much, either.[/quote]
I think that Portola Springs will sell at a premium to Woodbury in the future.

I also have the same feeling.. it's less crowded than Woodbury and the environment is better.

I also heard KB home bought the previous Vientos lot and start building now.
Let's wait and see ...

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA"]
I think that Portola Springs will sell at a premium to Woodbury in the future.[/quote]

we can drive from paloma to the corner of sand canyon and irvine in less than 5 minutes... is it really that remote? I agree with fight on! CPa, I think portola springs will be much nicer in the future, as it will be more of a neighbor to the high end orchard hills area.

[quote author="akim997"]we can drive from paloma to the corner of sand canyon and irvine in less than 5 minutes... is it really that remote? I agree with fight on! CPa, I think portola springs will be much nicer in the future, as it will be more of a neighbor to the high end orchard hills area. [/quote]
A fellow Trojan, eh? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> There's a few of us on here.

[quote author="USCTrojanCPA"]
[quote author="akim997"]we can drive from paloma to the corner of sand canyon and irvine in less than 5 minutes... is it really that remote? I agree with fight on! CPa, I think portola springs will be much nicer in the future, as it will be more of a neighbor to the high end orchard hills area. [/quote]
A fellow Trojan, eh? <!-- s;) -->;)<!-- s;) --> There's a few of us on here.[/quote]

Fight On!!!

I know the prices for the 4/3 SFR in the NEW "HK" and "K" collection are outrageous, but the prices for San Carlos Court are not bad at all averaging around $268 ppsf. These are the same prices when I was looking at the phase 4 Casalon plans in QH in late 2003 assuming that the HOA is not higher than $300 a month.

I know I made fun of these units before, but the communal aspect of the center shared courtyard is rather unique in Irvine; these units would be really great if a few families go into these units together...

Phase 1 Site Plan

mjbr0m.gif

Back