Sage 2 (PS) or Terrazza 1 (OH)?? Please help!

sj16

Hi all,
We're looking to move to Irvine from LA. Sage 2 will be converted to 4th bedroom but I think Terrazza 1 would just be 3 bedroom. Which village has better reputation? We have a 2 yrs old toddler and looking to expand the family.
Our price point is $800K-$900K. Please help us Irvine veterans!!  ;D

Terrazza 2 or 2X if you can pull it off. Otherwise, Terrazza Plan 1, which also offers a 4th bedroom downstairs. It seems that TIC built too many Terrazza Plan 1's which could also lead to a really good deal with upgrades and completed backyard landscaping (Soft and Hardscape) with a conservatory or California Room.

Legit949 said:
Terrazza 2 or 2X if you can pull it off. Otherwise, Terrazza Plan 1, which also offers a 4th bedroom downstairs. It seems that TIC built too many Terrazza Plan 1's which could also lead to a really good deal with upgrades and completed backyard landscaping (Soft and Hardscape) with a conservatory or California Room.

thank you for your feedback! Hubby and I looooved 2X but it'll probably hit $1M and that's too much right now. Isn't Terrazza zoned for Tustin schools? Isn't Irvine school generally better than Tustin district?

I think OH has a better reputation.  PS gets a bad rap because it's close to the landfill, the new power plant that is expected to open on the landfill in Spring 2016, and the coyotes lurking.  Also, I think KB homes doesn't have a high reputation as a builder. Just google these items on Talk Irvine, and they'll show up. 

Angels_Baseball_2015 said:
I think OH has a better reputation.  PS gets a bad rap because it's close to the landfill, the new power plant that is expected to open on the landfill in Spring 2016, and the coyotes lurking.  Also, I think KB homes doesn't have a high reputation as a builder. Just google these items on Talk Irvine, and they'll show up.

How about the school district difference?

USCTrojanCPA said:
How about a Saratoga Plan 2 resale home (same as Terrazza) in Stonegate except cheaper?

can't seem to find much pictures online since they're sold out..can you find any link for those resale homes?

sj16 said:

The schools zoned for OH under Tustin are just as good in my eyes (Hicks Canyon, Orchard Hills, & Beckman Highschool). Not sure if its a big deal to you, but I notice a little more diversity in these schools versus the ones zoned for PS/Stonegate.

sj16 said:
aquabliss said:
Terrazza 2x for $1M? 

BRB, I just saw a unicorn trot by, need to chase him down.

Can you pretty pls share your view?  :D

It's just that prices have gone crazy the last 12 months.  A friend of mine bought Terrazza (Phase 1) and we visited them last weekend.  I can't help but feel claustrophobic just walking from the street to their home.

Sure, the motorcourts in Terrazza are a bit wider than the norm but I think they are in groups of 10... groups of 10!  Never seen this before, except in an alleyway setup but of course when you have an alleyway setup then you have a separate front entrance that your guests can enter from the street.

My friends home was (I think) the 3rd house down from one of the rows of 5 so pretty much in the middle.  To me it felt really cramped - I just can't see paying $1M for this type of setup, when there seem to be much better options in the $800's.

Also the yards in Terrazza... Don't think they're really useable at all.  I think some of the Sage II Lots have a yard where at least a kid could go out and ride a tricycle in a circle :)

Investment wise it's hard to say, but I'd pick Sage II mostly because of the spacing.

aquabliss said:
sj16 said:
aquabliss said:
Terrazza 2x for $1M? 

BRB, I just saw a unicorn trot by, need to chase him down.

Can you pretty pls share your view?  :D

It's just that prices have gone crazy the last 12 months.  A friend of mine bought Terrazza (Phase 1) and we visited them last weekend.  I can't help but feel claustrophobic just walking from the street to their home.

Sure, the motorcourts in Terrazza are a bit wider than the norm but I think they are in groups of 10... groups of 10!  Never seen this before, except in an alleyway setup but of course when you have an alleyway setup then you have a separate front entrance that your guests can enter from the street.

My friends home was (I think) the 3rd house down from one of the rows of 5 so pretty much in the middle.  To me it felt really cramped - I just can't see paying $1M for this type of setup, when there seem to be much better options in the $800's.

Also the yards in Terrazza... Don't think they're really useable at all.  I think some of the Sage II Lots have a yard where at least a kid could go out and ride a tricycle in a circle :)

Investment wise it's hard to say, but I'd pick Sage II mostly because of the spacing.

Ahh..thanks for that feedback. Yea, one thing about sage II that we liked was that it felt pretty spacious and we'll go for the premium lot option. So what are your best picks for our price range?? We're completely open as we don't know much about Irvine. Thank you!

Irvine Fanatic said:
sj16 said:

The schools zoned for OH under Tustin are just as good in my eyes (Hicks Canyon, Orchard Hills, & Beckman Highschool). Not sure if its a big deal to you, but I notice a little more diversity in these schools versus the ones zoned for PS/Stonegate.

Oh okay..it was just the impression that I got, that Irvine is the best in terms of school in the surrounding area..we would definitely welcome more diversity than not (ethnic demographic-wise).

sj16 said:
Irvine Fanatic said:
sj16 said:

Oh okay..it was just the impression that I got, that Irvine is the best in terms of school in the surrounding area..we would definitely welcome more diversity than not (ethnic demographic-wise).

This is due to the power of TIC marketing. When we relocated from out of the area to irvine, all we heard about was IUSD too. It was only after living here for a while that we realized there are other schools just as good, but not as hyped. Personally, I find that preferable, and that is why we deliberately chose the TUSD side of OH to settle.

What about one of the detached condo's in Beacon (if you want new).  Price point might be pretty good and you can tailor home your way. Plus, I think some of the detached condo's in Beacon will be on 4-5K+ sq ft lots. 

nyc to oc said:
sj16 said:
Irvine Fanatic said:
sj16 said:

This is due to the power of TIC marketing. When we relocated from out of the area to irvine, all we heard about was IUSD too. It was only after living here for a while that we realized there are other schools just as good, but not as hyped. Personally, I find that preferable, and that is why we deliberately chose the TUSD side of OH to settle.

Thank you for your insight! always good to hear from one's personal experience. How do you like living in OH? Do you feel too secluded? Fellow new yorker here  :)

aquabliss said:
Here's a few I would consider in your range:https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/72-Shadowplay-92620/home/5951993https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/214-Mantle-92618/home/28931782https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/35-Bamboo-92620/home/5952023

You should at least check out the first one (72 Shadowplay).  $355/sq ft and dining room is open to above which is pretty cool.  4 Bedroom + Loft as well.

wow, there are beautiful! Will definitely look in details tonight and maybe visit OH's. I think my hubby was very attracted to getting a new construction in Irvine..but these may be better values. Thank you!

Bullsback said:
What about one of the detached condo's in Beacon (if you want new).  Price point might be pretty good and you can tailor home your way. Plus, I think some of the detached condo's in Beacon will be on 4-5K+ sq ft lots.

We will have to make a visit to those..this is getting harder and harder..but this is huge decision..thanks!

Back