Sage 2 (PS) or Terrazza 1 (OH)?? Please help!

sj16 said:
nyc to oc said:
sj16 said:
Irvine Fanatic said:
sj16 said:
Angels_Baseball_2015 said:
I think OH has a better reputation.  PS gets a bad rap because it's close to the landfill, the new power plant that is expected to open on the landfill in Spring 2016, and the coyotes lurking.  Also, I think KB homes doesn't have a high reputation as a builder. Just google these items on Talk Irvine, and they'll show up.

How about the school district difference?

The schools zoned for OH under Tustin are just as good in my eyes (Hicks Canyon, Orchard Hills, & Beckman Highschool). Not sure if its a big deal to you, but I notice a little more diversity in these schools versus the ones zoned for PS/Stonegate.

Oh okay..it was just the impression that I got, that Irvine is the best in terms of school in the surrounding area..we would definitely welcome more diversity than not (ethnic demographic-wise).

This is due to the power of TIC marketing. When we relocated from out of the area to irvine, all we heard about was IUSD too. It was only after living here for a while that we realized there are other schools just as good, but not as hyped. Personally, I find that preferable, and that is why we deliberately chose the TUSD side of OH to settle.

Thank you for your insight! always good to hear from one's personal experience. How do you like living in OH? Do you feel too secluded? Fellow new yorker here  :)

Haven't moved yet--buying new construction in OH, but won't be ready till end of year.

For best location, I think it really depends on where your life/work is centered. Irvine is a big place and traffic into/through Irvine is horrible nowadays, so if you can minimize that, it would be ideal. For some people, south of the 405 is the "best" because closer to ocean (a little), and maybe they work near Spectrum job centers, but for others, it might be the wrong end of Irvine.

We wanted to live on NW edge of Irvine because we have to commute to north Orange County, and don't want to deal with traffic going through Irvine.

Really like the secluded feel driving to OH along Portola,  but for others it may be an annoyance. Totally opposite feel to Manhattan, but I actually really prefer it. Its still very close to major shopping at Marketplace and easy access to Jamboree.

sj16 said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
How about a Saratoga Plan 2 resale home (same as Terrazza) in Stonegate except cheaper?

can't seem to find much pictures online since they're sold out..can you find any link for those resale homes?

Many TI posters live in Saratoga, perhaps someone might want to move up. :)

I would also recommend Saratoga resales at Stonegate too.  Beside the lower prices, things like zone in to IUSD, blue ribbon elementary school within walking distant, multiple park and pools, and lower HOA fee at Stonegate are pretty attractive.

Here's old Saratoga review when its first released back in 2012.http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/2012/11/08/a-review-of-the-saratoga-tract-at-stonegate/

Back then, plan 1 was only $678,800.

sj16 said:
nyc to oc said:
sj16 said:
Irvine Fanatic said:
sj16 said:
Angels_Baseball_2015 said:
I think OH has a better reputation.  PS gets a bad rap because it's close to the landfill, the new power plant that is expected to open on the landfill in Spring 2016, and the coyotes lurking.  Also, I think KB homes doesn't have a high reputation as a builder. Just google these items on Talk Irvine, and they'll show up.

How about the school district difference?

The schools zoned for OH under Tustin are just as good in my eyes (Hicks Canyon, Orchard Hills, & Beckman Highschool). Not sure if its a big deal to you, but I notice a little more diversity in these schools versus the ones zoned for PS/Stonegate.

Oh okay..it was just the impression that I got, that Irvine is the best in terms of school in the surrounding area..we would definitely welcome more diversity than not (ethnic demographic-wise).

This is due to the power of TIC marketing. When we relocated from out of the area to irvine, all we heard about was IUSD too. It was only after living here for a while that we realized there are other schools just as good, but not as hyped. Personally, I find that preferable, and that is why we deliberately chose the TUSD side of OH to settle.

Thank you for your insight! always good to hear from one's personal experience. How do you like living in OH? Do you feel too secluded? Fellow new yorker here  :)

If feeling too secluded is a problem, Portola Springs is a no-go. OH is definitely in a more non-secluded part of Irvine compared to PS. All in all, OH feels like a better community, especially at Terrazza, where you are directly adjacent to the orchards. And the schools on the TUSD side of OH are pretty good too. Some are predicting that the schools assigned to Terrazza will surpass some of the best schools in IUSD.

@ Villager:

I agree, we just need to get Orchard Hills School open as a K-8. That was one of the biggest selling points for me.

Back