road rage/aggresive driver incident, Pavillon park

I wouldn't be surprised that the driver lived in PP.. or any new community.  Horrid drivers live around here.  I was driving a big passenger van for someone a few weeks ago.  Yes it's slow I know but I was going to make a left when a car decided it wanted to pass me by going in the other lane.  When I made the left it honked because duh.. it had to stop or run into me.  A lot of FOBs live around here don't understand the rules or just don't care.  So you might say some of the riff raff might be coming in from other neighborhoods.. but look no further than PP for your fair share of bad drivers. 

Also, I might add that the fobs don't care what direction they park on a street.  Who cares... JUST PUT MY KIDS IN IRVINE SCHOOL, AND MAKE AMERICAN BABIES.  CHING CHONG CHANG.  ;)

Some quick math:

726 homes in PP

$8 per home per month --> $500K 10 year at 5% --> are bond's or loans for an HOA possible?  if not, it would be a 1 time special assessment of ~$750 per home

$100 per home per month additional for manned gate --> laguna altura less homes and is $300 HOA while PP is $200

I live in WB and I don't really care whether PP gets a gate or not.  This is for discussion and to better understand local govt.  Could an active resident make a compelling argument to enough residents to fork over $750 each and take on an additional $100 a month in dues?  And is enough in an HOA majority or some arbitrary number like 75%? 

I'm not even sure if this is possible. 

1) Right now, the developer still controls the HOA & all the common areas so it definitely can't happen RIGHT NOW. 
2) Pavilion Park is governed by the Great Park CC&Rs which includes all X thousands of homes.  Under the master CC&Rs, there are 3 voting classes (A, B, and C).  From my quick skim, A are the homeowners with 1 vote each.  B&C are controlled by the developers/builders.  Class B members get 3 votes per lot until the whole GP is 75% sold (i.e converts to Class A members).  Right now, when phases of certain tracts get completed, they get annexed into the Great Park CC&Rs, not an individual set of PP CC&Rs.  I'm no HOA/master planning expert, but I"m not even sure if all 700 PP homeowners voted yes, they can do it.  Bc I'm pretty certain gates goes against the whole GP/5P philosophy.

But your questions are valid and can be applied to any other neighborhoods who want to install gates.

SG and WB cannot have gates. They have public park and schools.

As for PP, it would cost extra but I strongly recommend the proposed gates have the following artwork or symbols. I am sure PP residents will be more than likely to endorse such option.

xinsrc_280601111450131272296.jpg

The California Court Company said:

As for PP, it would cost extra but I strongly recommend the proposed gates have the following artwork or symbols. I am sure PP residents will be more than likely to endorse such option.

Oh yea. I forget Stonegate and Woodbury are public parks. I should though because I almost got run over by 50 Woodbury & Stonegate elementary kids at Stonegate Park during school hours.  Apparently, they were having a pizza party there. 

NYT said:
I don't see it happening, because what seems easy isn't.
This.

I'm not sure if I'm remember this correctly, but Northpark Square was designed to be gated but they didn't do it because they were supposed to build a school near the central park there. They ended up not building the school and I believe some residents wanted it to be gated. That 'hood can be more easily gated than PP, yet it didn't happen.

bones said:
I flicked off a Stonegate resident at the corner of spring meadow and sand canyon yesterday. I heard Stonegate started a petition for a gate this morning. 

I'm still laughing.  :D

irvinehomeowner said:
NYT said:
I don't see it happening, because what seems easy isn't.
This.

I'm not sure if I'm remember this correctly, but Northpark Square was designed to be gated but they didn't do it because they were supposed to build a school near the central park there. They ended up not building the school and I believe some residents wanted it to be gated. That 'hood can be more easily gated than PP, yet it didn't happen.

Agree but isnt it good to understand the process.  Number of votes, city involved or not, etc.  My in-laws live near peters canyon and after 20 years, someone decided they wanted those streets to be permit parking due to peters canyon folks parking on the residential streets vs the public parking lot.  Majority of neighbors weren't fans of it as it literally only affected 10 houses but somehow, one active lady with a loud enough voice got it passed.  She needed X number of votes where X was not majority.  Now we have to have a stupid guest parking pass when we go there for dinner. 

The California Court Company said:

xinsrc_280601111450131272296.jpg

Add these and you'll get gates in SG and WB  >:D
file.html

eyephone said:
Just because you live in a gated guard community, doesn't mean your safe from road rage. #goaskParis

Agree because that guy just followed me right into the community (I think the gate struck his car as he came up behind me but he didn't care). Only part I was grateful for was that there was a security guard I was immediately able to get to which was some level of protection I guess. And within a few mins 2 other male guards showed up.  At the end of the day, I am a believer of the guard gate.

Is this thread seriously still open? Lol.... I'm a young guy in my 20s and I get flipped off by middle aged men and women in their Benz and BMW SUV's all the time in Irvine. It doesn't matter what car they have or how old the drivers were; it doesn't make them riff raff.

irviniteeee said:
Is this thread seriously still open? Lol.... I'm a young guy in my 20s and I get flipped off by middle aged men and women in their Benz and BMW SUV's all the time in Irvine. It doesn't matter what car they have or how old the drivers were; it doesn't make them riff raff.

Tru dat

Having been in several Irvine HOA board meetings (the ones that's not open to all residents, but just board members) that were discussing gates, I think it's damn near impossible to put up a gate in a community when it is not suppose to have one.

City of Irvine has control first of all.  They are the ones that grants how a community is built.  So a HOA cannot simply decide to put up a gate.

Even if Irvine can change their mind, they won't.  Because then they will have a run from all the communities that also want their property values to go up 10-20%.  And if there is a certain community that just simply cannot be made private, that community will probably sue Irvine for not granting their request.

Or perhaps people that's already in a gated community will file a complain because their gated house that they bought for $200k more than their neighbor's is now worth the same because their neighbor's community added a gate.

Imagine you pay $1.4mil for 2900 sq ft Capella in Orchard Hills gated side instead of $1.1mil for 2900 sq ft Strada... And a couple years late Strada adds a guard gate.  Don't think you would be a happy camper.

Back