Retail Openings and Closures

What side are you parking on? The side closest to Red Robin/Whole Food is a mess.

It looks like they are doing construction on the ingress/outgress between the Winery and Utopia Cafe... the most troublesome intersection there.

They also fenced off the area next to Red Robin because too many people were making left turns out of there when it was right turn only.
I was a violater of making lefts by Red Robin :)

What side are you parking on? The side closest to Red Robin/Whole Food is a mess.

It looks like they are doing construction on the ingress/outgress between the Winery and Utopia Cafe... the most troublesome intersection there.

They also fenced off the area next to Red Robin because too many people were making left turns out of there when it was right turn only.

I think it's reasonably convenient. Have you ever been to a city? For a destination mall that's a pleasant place to walk around, I'm willing to spend 5 minutes looking for parking (see Irvine Spectrum on the weekends). It's not some thunderdome like Downtown Disney or Sawtelle District.

Unfortunately, since there is no destination to really speak of, it's not worth spending any time at all trying to get into the District.

I'm doing the HMart food court tour... so far have done Tofu House, Kyodung Noodle, Left Wing, the Ramen place and the corn dog place. Would have don the Tokyo Hamburg spot but they were closed from 3p-4p.

The best bargain is the corn dog place... less than $4 for gigantic rice dog (so not really corn dogs)... everyone else is minimum $13+ spend.

I'm doing the HMart food court tour... so far have done Tofu House, Kyodung Noodle, Left Wing, the Ramen place and the corn dog place. Would have don the Tokyo Hamburg spot but they were closed from 3p-4p.

The best bargain is the corn dog place... less than $4 for gigantic rice dog (so not really corn dogs)... everyone else is minimum $13+ spend.
do they have Potato dog in that one?

I was a violater of making lefts by Red Robin :)
Was just there... looks like they gave up... you can now actually legally turn left from there... they put a sign that says something like "Warning, cross traffic does not stop".

Maybe they were hoping that would reduce the traffic near The Winery.

That place was just designed badly.

HMart Northpark finally opening on January 11th: https://www.hmart.com/ourstory/post/grand-open/h-mart-irvine-northpark-grand-opening

On a side note, this is a huge win for the residents of Orchard Hills, Northpark, Northwood, Eastwood, Stonegate, Woodbury, etc. Having a high-quality Asian grocery store within a 5 min walk/drive is really convenient. Zion is not bad - but it's not HMart or 99 Ranch quality.
Still 15 min drive from PS, but still much better than having to go all the way to Diamond Jamboree plaza.

Still 15 min drive from PS, but still much better than having to go all the way to Diamond Jamboree plaza.
There is a slightly closer (and bigger and newer) HMart in Westpark off of Culver/Alton.

I think the DJ one is going to be closed and turned into a Chinese market.

There's one in Westpark. probably just as far away from PS compare to ones in Diamond Jamboree.

but the layout is more spacious with decent parking.
Should hold you well till Northpark opens.

I just went to Aloha Stacks (Woodbury) earlier today. Good meal. I didn't realize this, but it's the exact same as Stacks Pancake House off Culver.

Back