Retail Openings and Closures

Sagami should ask Flame Broiler to borrow their inside eating area during dinner. :)

Has anyone been to that Kashgar Grill near Irvine Valley College? I don't think I'll ever eat there because they specialize in lamb dishes and me no eat baa-baas.

paydawg said:
NYT said:
Michael's coming to Woodbury Town Center. Great, another store that's super convenient for me but I'll only be going to once a year.

Is Michael's still coming?  I couldn't find the store on the TIC website.

FWIW we still see it on the signage driving into woodbury center.

irvinehomeowner said:
Sagami should ask Flame Broiler to borrow their inside eating area during dinner. :)

Has anyone been to that Kashgar Grill near Irvine Valley College? I don't think I'll ever eat there because they specialize in lamb dishes and me no eat baa-baas.

I ate there...  was expecting real rice pilaf.  Unfortunately what I got was stewed beef on rice.

For those who like lamb, try Omar's in Artesia:https://www.yelp.com/biz/omars-chinese-restaurant-artesia

Not cheap, but quite good.

Just got word from our Groves OH newsletter that Pavilions is coming back this summer to Orchard Hills Plaza!  :) :)
Yepee! Super excited about this. I was so pissed when Haagen came and ruined it all.

ps9 said:
http://www.shopirvinecompany.com/centers/irvine/oak-creek-shopping-center/i-can-bbq-korean-grill
http://icanbbq.net

Coming soon AYCE KBBQ in Oak Creek, let's see if this place overthrows our current champ ATB on Culver
Hopefully it reduces some of the crowds at the other kbbqs.  Does anyone in Irvine even know to go to that part of town south west of Jeffrey and Barranca?

SDR is my favorite for radish+ricepaper+brisket, which is what I eat mostly.  I realize it's not the best when you venture to other items.  ATB is also a favorite.

@ps9:

irvinehomeowner said:
Passed by the Oak Creek shopping center and saw new signage for "I Can Barbecue Korean Grill" on the space that used to be Pain Du Monde /  McVeans. Googled and found this:

www.icanbbq.net

Called the number and they are opening January 15.

Look for me on opening day. :)

You owe me a Coke.

I called them in January and they said February. They are still not open so maybe March/April?

BTW: Shik doesn't have free yogurt anymore. Now I have to go to Yogurtland to get plain tart with blueberry pur?e just to finish Shik properly.

Does anyone know anything about the "Dear Chengdu" that's opening up in the Irvine Village Center? I'm assuming it's a Schezuan restaurant, but I'm wondering if it's a branch of "Taste of Chengdu" or something similar.

irvinehomeowner said:
BTW: Shik doesn't have free yogurt anymore. Now I have to go to Yogurtland to get plain tart with blueberry pur?e just to finish Shik properly.
I don't go there for a month or so and this happens ?  wth...  Yogurt is tradition.

irvinehomeowner said:
WTTCHMN said:
Texas de Brazil opened at the Marketplace on Friday.
How does TdB compare to Agoura?

And do they have lunch pricing during the week?

TdB is now open for lunch and we tried it ($29.99 vs $49.99 for dinner).

It's okay, I think I prefer Agora better. Everything was really salty and they don't have quite the salad bar selection that Agora has.

irvinehomeowner said:
irvinehomeowner said:
WTTCHMN said:

It's okay, I think I prefer Agora better. Everything was really salty and they don't have quite the salad bar selection that Agora has.
Is the lunch and dinner selection different there?

spootieho said:
irvinehomeowner said:
irvinehomeowner said:
WTTCHMN said:

Is the lunch and dinner selection different there?

I think it's the same although the meats may vary by time of day.

Churned Creamery coming to Woodbury Town Center in old Tutti Frutti location. 

Didn't even realize Tutti Frutti had closed until I saw the sign for Churned... Kind of bummed as it was the only place to get milk tea with boba in the immediate vicinity.

aquabliss said:

Didn't even realize Tutti Frutti had closed until I saw the sign for Churned... Kind of bummed as it was the only place to get milk tea with boba in the immediate vicinity.

Ugh hope it's not another meh overpriced ice cream place.

jmoney74 said:
aquabliss said:

Ugh hope it's not another meh overpriced ice cream place.

Almost guaranteed that it's going to be overpriced ice cream.  BR costs $3.29 for single scoop and is probably the bottom in terms of pricing.  I'm guess this place will be >$5 a scoop/serving.

Back