Retail Openings and Closures

How are the crowds now that BDP has converted to TAPS?

I am planning on making a reservation there for soon. Either lunch or dinner on a Sat. or Sun. I hope it's not one of those places that makes you hang around a long time even with a reservation in place.

Even with reservations Taps makes you wait about 10 ~ 15 minutes.
Reserve the Chef's table.  They comp you stuff if you get that table. 
Plus you can see the action.

Once again, before you go, $100 gift cards for $80 at Costco.

There is another place that makes you wait before you get a table.  They actually send you to the cocktail lounge.  Captain Jacks in Huntington Beach.  I took my wife to Mastro's ocean club, Ruth Chris, and Captain Jacks, and she still craves the Captains food the most.

Just found out that Mugen off of Harvard and Main closed.  We wanted to get a quick dinner and saw the TIC window stickers. Boo... that had been there for a long time.

Did find out a Fresh Bros opened there in the old ZPizza/First Class Pizza location. We ate at the Marketplace one, not sure why they opened a second one.

spootieho said:
aquabliss said:
IHOP in the Market Place closed... Will be replaced by... (Wait for it)... Cha Chas Latin kitchen
That place was always busy with long waits.  I doubt they left on their own.  Irvine company kicked them out?  WTF, Irvine Company, WTF.

If there was a reset button, I bet IRC would do it all over again. Tons of people love IHOP, a place to bring your family for breakfast at a reasonable price.

#unbelievable
#MIGA
#NoMoPancakes

Ike's love and sandwiches - went there today at the district. Across from Portola coffee. Excellent sandwich. The house bread, which is I got, is on the denser side, which makes the sandwich standout more than other sandwich shops. They have the traditional breads as well. I got the steak sandwich with cheese and dirty sauce. Very tasty. Would highly recommend.

eyephone said:
spootieho said:
aquabliss said:
IHOP in the Market Place closed... Will be replaced by... (Wait for it)... Cha Chas Latin kitchen
That place was always busy with long waits.  I doubt they left on their own.  Irvine company kicked them out?  WTF, Irvine Company, WTF.

If there was a reset button, I bet IRC would do it all over again. Tons of people love IHOP, a place to bring your family for breakfast at a reasonable price.

#unbelievable
#MIGA
#NoMoPancakes

Was IHOP busy on the weekdays ?

qwerty said:
Ike's love and sandwiches - went there today at the district. Across from Portola coffee. Excellent sandwich. The house bread, which is I got, is on the denser side, which makes the sandwich standout more than other sandwich shops. They have the traditional breads as well. I got the steak sandwich with cheese and dirty sauce. Very tasty. Would highly recommend.

Is this the same Ike's from SF?

B2FiNiTY said:
qwerty said:

Is this the same Ike's from SF?

you got it!

qwerty said:

Is it like the Dutch bread at Mr. Pickles?

I've never been to mr pickles but the Dutch crunch bread is great at Ike's. I had never heard of Dutch crunch bread before Sunday. Now I'm like a crack addicted liking for it. I'll probably swing by today and ask them if they will sell me about 5 sandwich rolls.

qwerty said:
I've never been to mr pickles but the Dutch crunch bread is great at Ike's. I had never heard of Dutch crunch bread before Sunday. Now I'm like a crack addicted liking for it. I'll probably swing by today and ask them if they will sell me about 5 sandwich rolls.

Went there once and will def be coming back.. my only issue is that there are too many options.  lol. 

Next time I go to Ike's im getting the John Wayne with five jalape?o poppers on it. Then I'm going to take a nap :)

eyephone said:
qwerty said:
Next time I go to Ike's im getting the John Wayne with five jalape?o poppers on it. Then I'm going to take a nap :)

While listening to sports radio in your car?

Going there for dinner tonight. Maybe I'll have it for lunch tomorrow and then I would take a nap in the car, definitely listening to sports rasio

qwerty said:

Q you should try the Big Easy at Mr. Pickles on Dutch Crunch bread... If you like Chicken Salad Sandwiches, this is the best I've ever had.

I think the Subway at the Crossroads closed. The windows are all blacked out but the sign is still up... either a remodel or a closure (usually a closure has the TIC window stickers instead).

Does anyone even eat at that Freshii food cafe they have at that Target? We used to get Pizza Hut pizzas, popcorn or other snacks at the old Target cafe but that Freshii place has healthy food. I never see anyone buy anything there.

NYT said:
Michael's coming to Woodbury Town Center. Great, another store that's super convenient for me but I'll only be going to once a year.

Is Michael's still coming?  I couldn't find the store on the TIC website. 

irvinehomeowner said:
I think the Subway at the Crossroads closed. The windows are all blacked out but the sign is still up... either a remodel or a closure (usually a closure has the TIC window stickers instead).

Does anyone even eat at that Freshii food cafe they have at that Target? We used to get Pizza Hut pizzas, popcorn or other snacks at the old Target cafe but that Freshii place has healthy food. I never see anyone buy anything there.

Maybe Sagami can expand again, they need the space

Back